THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

mjp28

20 minutes ago, nickers said:

Shocking.

If I selected the appeal officer I might refrain from giving my opinion until the ruling comes down on the appeal.  

But the dictator has spoken. 

• Thanks 1

can kraft now be stricken of

On 8/7/2022 at 6:36 AM, Pat Mahomo said:

As a husband and father of two daughters, chalking this whole thing up to the woke mob is insulting.  Suggesting that Watson should suffer some sort of consequences befitting his transgressions isn’t a question or test of political beliefs.  I don’t doubt some of the women are motivated by money etc.  I am convinced not all of them were/are.  Regardless, I’d hope if you were ever in a position to deal out discipline to someone who had acted as Watson di toward my wife or daughters, that you’d bring the hammer down and not simply play his behavior off as the cancel culturists out for a witch hunt.  

Consider this home, 

I walked into a massage parlor. 

They asked for 60 dollars for an hour massage. 

I laid face down and received a good back rub.

The misuse then handed a pillow and motion to turn over. 

Midway through the front side she began working my junk

Me being a young guy with stamina i squirted my load right in her face.

She was a bit surprised it squirted that far but heyyy  

Who had their face in THE LINE OF FIRE?

Please define where sexual assault was within the hypothetical case i just wrote?

What if she pointed it towards my face and I painted my face because of her aim?

Can I then bring a suit against her for sexual misconduct????

5 hours ago, Silver slayer said:

If Roger treats Watson anything differently than Robert kraft than Roger Goodell is absolutely predict against black men 

2 faced white dude can't do shit squat against another white man but ohhhhhhhh boy will he fuck a black man every day that ends in y

And double on Rainy Monday.🌩️

On 8/5/2022 at 11:33 PM, gumby73 said:

In massage lay-men's terms 🙃... This means to hurry up !

It's the HOF weekend...  hurry! The NFL suits are all in Canton...  see ya around Hump Day !

Expedited from last Friday... and here we are at Hump 🐪 Day! 

Did we really need to wait to see & hear Roger express his same, year suspension that started this whole process? Fuk Roger & "I'm still your executioner of player conduct policy" ..  

What day should the Browns prepare for Watson's real games missed? 

dawgie-style? ZcKbn2Jwqee8w2nBjK.gif     

Make everyone happy on Friday? l0K43EFDvVjIkhfu8.gif    

How's next week look? Ya busy?  y1URNqFHLnZpUi0YqT.gif     

D7uFR9rkSnNcmEQSws.gif      

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Silver slayer said:

If Roger treats Watson anything differently than Robert kraft than Roger Goodell is absolutely predict against black men 

2 faced white dude can't do shit squat against another white man but ohhhhhhhh boy will he fuck a black man every day that ends in y

blckcry.jpg

• Haha 2

12 Games and a Substantial Fine.

what it would mean…

Win for the Texans- they will get a first round pick now in the low mid teens.  Keep in mind they’ve been accused of wrong doing here.

Loss- Screaming Public and Media- they want a year and possibly indefinite with reinstatement provisions.  But they’ll have a short attention span and forget it all in two weeks.   On to the next social issue.

Big Loss- Deshaun obvious reasons.

Massive Loss for the Browns and it’s Fans- Season is essentially lost.  Watson goes to Year 2 of his contract and the cap in 2023 becomes an area of concern now for the Browns. Window is closer to being shut.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Expedited from last Friday... and here we are at Hump 🐪 Day! 

Did we really need to wait to see & hear Roger express his same, year suspension that started this whole process? Fuk Roger & "I'm still your executioner of player conduct policy" ..  

How's next week look? Ya busy?  y1URNqFHLnZpUi0YqT.gif     

D7uFR9rkSnNcmEQSws.gif      

LOL LOL

• Thanks 1

Welcome to Thursday :).. Team flight into Duval, Fla. Wednesday.

and Here's Flo,

Peter Harvey could rule in the next two days that Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson should be suspended for a full year, and that it should begin immediately. 

Yes, the NFL has asked for a one-year suspension starting now. If implemented before Friday night, this would keep Watson off the field for the preseason opener against the Jaguars. 

The Browns have put the bait on the hook, announcing D. Watson as the Starter Friday night..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/10/nfl-wants-immediate-suspension-of-deshaun-watson-nflpa-doesnt-rule-it-out/

KEGe0Mtf9IUXCk4n5l.gif      

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Welcome to Thursday :).. Team flight into Duval, Fla. Wednesday.

and Here's Flo,

Peter Harvey could rule in the next two days that Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson should be suspended for a full year, and that it should begin immediately. 

Yes, the NFL has asked for a one-year suspension starting now. If implemented before Friday night, this would keep Watson off the field for the preseason opener against the Jaguars. 

The Browns have put the bait on the hook, announcing D. Watson as the Starter Friday night..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/10/nfl-wants-immediate-suspension-of-deshaun-watson-nflpa-doesnt-rule-it-out/

Who knows, but I'd be a bit surprised if it goes full year if we didn't find out today or tomorrow morning. I wouldn't think the NFL would want Watson trotted out there and the media circus that comes with it if he's gone for the year.

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

This would be more appropriate on a Watson/Haslam  troubles thread but:

I’m not a fan of The Herd, but he’s smart to know Jimmah makes bad decision after bad decision.

I don’t think The Browns will be successful until that Hick sells the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m not a fan of The Herd, but he’s smart to know Jimmah makes bad decision after bad decision.

I think The Browns will be successful until that Hick sells the team.

And why would he? It's incredibly profitable and look at the mismanagement in Cincinnati Mike Brown never ever considered selling the team. If you make a huge profit from an inferior product why get out of that business?

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

And why would he? It's incredibly profitable and look at the mismanagement in Cincinnati Mike Brown never ever considered selling the team. If you make a huge profit from an inferior product why get out of that business?

WSS

Don’t be a killjoy Steve!

I can dream…can’t I? 🤠

39 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I've said it a bunch of times, Mike Brown is one huge skinflint. Runs the team on the cheap. Only cold weather NFL team without a dedicated indoor training facility. But the blind squirrel manages to find acorns every 20 years or so.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Goodell can say that, but will he get it? Hope for 12 games an a big fine. Compromise is a good thing.  

I guess it depends on how close Cowherd is as to how much the other owners hate Jimmy. But I think a big big fine would be in order since there is already the subterfuge going on to back load his contract.

Again I think with the full season we could reasonably expect another quarterback to come in and play it out. I would hope for garoppolo, a healthy garoppolo.

WSS 

6 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Goodell can say that, but will he get it? Hope for 12 games an a big fine. Compromise is a good thing.  

It is going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs.  

Can Brissett get us to .500 includes games with (TB, NE, Cincy, LA, Miami, Baltimore, Buffalo and then a cold Watson goes 4-1 in the 5 game span he plays in that includes each AFC North team once. 

It’s Playoffs or bust.

If they are thinking 12 may as well be the season so we don’t burn a year on the contract and it’s cap friendly again in 2023.

They should add a fine and add a treatment requirement.  

25 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I've said it a bunch of times, Mike Brown is one huge skinflint. Runs the team on the cheap. Only cold weather NFL team without a dedicated indoor training facility. But the blind squirrel manages to find acorns every 20 years or so.  

And I recall something about any amount of money beyond which the league requires you spend on players you get to keep. So he kept it right there at that line. And because of parity in the league he could blunder into a few fairly successful seasons.

WSS

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I don’t think The Browns will be successful until that Hick sells the team.

Or moves it. Ouch.

When you get right down to it, the ultimate blame for the situation the Browns find themselves in today is on Modell.

The team for the most part sucked during the 90's, but geez never did I recall this level ineptitude and dysfunction since the team returned.  Looking back at Browns history, there were great times, and not so great times, so you could almost guarantee had the Browns stayed they would have gotten out of their 90's funk became winners again, and maybe even won a Super Bowl. The Ravens are the old Browns after all.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Browns will consider Jimmy Garoppolo if Deshaun Watson’s 6-game suspension increases

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/browns-will-consider-jimmy-garoppolo-if-deshaun-watsons-6-game-suspension-increases.html

I've thought that all along.  But it's so late in the game now, how would you get him up to speed?  I certainly hope it doesn't come to that.

Great. Another team wants to dump an expensive qb they are unhappy with...., and the browns don't have three first round picks to trade for him. Still,  I wish they had traded for Garoppolo the first time.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I wish they had traded for Garoppolo the first time.

But they wouldn't have done that because he wasn't that much of an upgrade over Baker.  But he probably IS an upgrade over Brissette.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

It is going to take 10 wins to make the playoffs.  

Can Brissett get us to .500 includes games with (TB, NE, Cincy, LA, Miami, Baltimore, Buffalo and then a cold Watson goes 4-1 in the 5 game span he plays in that includes each AFC North team once. 

It’s Playoffs or bust.

If they are thinking 12 may as well be the season so we don’t burn a year on the contract and it’s cap friendly again in 2023.

They should add a fine and add a treatment requirement.  

Plus we end up with a higher draft choice for Houston............................................LOL!