THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump Lowered Insulin Prices – Biden Just REVERSED IT!

Vambo

Senate Republicans on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/insulin-price-cap-senate-republicans-block-inflation-reduction-act/

I believe CJ's healthcare plan is two weeks away.

57 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You accidentally posted this twice I deleted one of them. No biggie

WSS

Sorry thanks...When I tried to post it it locked up just sat there working so I refreshed and re posted.

59 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Senate Republicans on Sunday blocked a $35 monthly cap on the cost of insulin in the private market from being included in Democrats' economic tax and spending package, voting down an amendment to the measure during a marathon session leading up to what Democrats hope will be final passage of the bill.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/insulin-price-cap-senate-republicans-block-inflation-reduction-act/

I believe CJ's healthcare plan is two weeks away.

That usually means Democrats tried to sneak other costly nonsense in with it post the entire bill so we can see what was in it.

25 minutes ago, Vambo said:

That usually means Democrats tried to sneak other costly nonsense in with it post the entire bill so we can see what was in it.

Of course they left out all of the pork attached...

8 minutes ago, nickers said:

Of course they left out all of the pork attached...

It was an amendment. All it did was cap the cost of insulin. The Senate parliamentarian made the dems remove it from original bill because it was not compliant with the budget rules. All it did was cap the cost of insulin, that's it. But at least people with Medicare and Medicaid have the cap. 

23 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

It was an amendment. All it did was cap the cost of insulin. The Senate parliamentarian made the dems remove it from original bill because it was not compliant with the budget rules. All it did was cap the cost of insulin, that's it. But at least people with Medicare and Medicaid have the cap. 

Post the amendment so we can read it, if not you are just making things up.

21 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Post the amendment so we can read it, if not you are just making things up.

Yeah like tossing in a couple of Mill to maintain the Metzenbaum Center or something...

Side Note: I did get to meet Howard Metzenbaum when I was a young kid.. He was a real nice guy.. Back then Democrats were pretty normal... King Barry and Big Mike destroyed whatever love or loyalty I had with the Democrat party when they sold America out...

https://www.kennedy.senate.gov/public/2022/8/kennedy-introduces-amendment-to-reduce-the-cost-of-insulin-for-middle-low-income-americans

Aug 06 2022

WASHINGTON – Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) today introduced an amendment to the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 to lower the cost of insulin.

“Louisianians and all Americans who suffer from diabetes know that the rising cost of insulin can be a matter of life or death. My amendment cuts prices by redirecting misused Obamacare funds to community health centers to help them pay for the lifesaving drug for middle and low-income individuals,” said Kennedy. 

Kennedy’s amendment repurposes funding from the Affordable Care Act to ensure that Federally Qualified Health Centers can provide discounted insulin and epinephrine for low and middle-income Americans in need.

Text of the amendment is available here.

https://www.kennedy.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/b/f/bf50f3d0-17d1-4636-9874-e763a08c7a13/D48451332620E905C35D209791BE3C34.providing-discounted-insulin-to-low--and-middle-income-americans.pdf

Knock yourselves out. Google seems to find things like this w/o many problems.

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

From what I was seeing on the news, the GOP members that were opposed to this wanted the bill to be a stand alone bill.

NOT attached to the Libs spending spree.

332E9274-85D3-4D39-A70D-AA50A5306D91.jpeg

That's what I told him.