THE BROWNS BOARD

SCHOOL'S OUT: Man ditches teaching job in favor of higher pay at Walmart

Vambo

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

wait for it, woodpecker will run to somebody and whine that this forum is too much insults, etc.

That may well be true but tough s***. It is what it is. Frankly I don't think there are any actual child molesters here but sexualizing second graders is getting damned close to it. That's all I have to say on that subject. For now. Haha.

As to more money for teachers? Ridiculous. Maybe 10 or 20% deserve more 20 or 30% deserve less and the rest of them are babysitters doing a cake job.

WSS

14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Also more money for teachers changes nothing. It's like paying the selling lazy teenager at McDonald's 20 bucks an hour to f*** up your order just the way he did for $7.50.

WSS

A higher pay incentivizes more to join the profession. The higher the supply of potential teachers to pickier you can be with hiring and the better overall talent you'll have employeed.

Every time I've been able to increase the wage for a role I've had open I was able to access a higher overall average level of talent. 

Teachers have a critical job and get an insane amount of blame and yer we treat them like shit. It is a damn shame. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

wait for it, woodpecker will run to somebody and whine that this forum is too much insults, etc.

So no issues at all with one board member calling another board member a child molester because he disagrees with what the other is saying?

Also, as a mod, I'm pretty sure I have at least some ability to address this on my own. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

A higher pay incentivizes more to join the profession. The higher the supply of potential teachers to pickier you can be with hiring and the better overall talent you'll have employeed.

Every time I've been able to increase the wage for a role I've had open I was able to access a higher overall average level of talent. 

Teachers have a critical job and get an insane amount of blame and yer we treat them like shit. It is a damn shame. 

Like many professions it's a matter of aptitude not training. Or salary. You can do it or you can't. Just like theater Just Like Music.

WSS

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

So no issues at all with one board member calling another board member a child molester because he disagrees with what the other is saying?

Also, as a mod, I'm pretty sure I have at least some ability to address this on my own. 

I understand. But, you don't get to draw the line, Woody. You cross the line with all sorts of people. "moron" etc. You have done the slur thing for years - hence, the "woodpecker" nickname.

What goes around, comes around - although this example is way further over the line than "moron".  Think about it.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I understand. But, you don't get to draw the line, Woody. You cross the line with all sorts of people. "moron" etc. You have done the slur thing for years - hence, the "woodpecker" nickname.

What goes around, comes around - although this example is way further over the line than "moron".  Think about it.

Cal, we get it, you like to play the victim here and claim self defense. We've done this before and you come back to insults first. 

But if you're essentially equating being called a child molester with being called a moron, you are, well, a moron. Actually, you're a politically blinded dumbass and your view here is completely tied to the individuals political beliefs, and not any actual morals, but we know that already. 

If I had no spine or principles I would probably start calling you and others something like this, or worse, to make a point. But I won't, because that won't help anything. 

If Steve is cool with this kind of rhetoric on his board, well, it is his choice. This poli board will continue to paint Browns fans in a great light....

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Like many professions it's a matter of aptitude not training. Or salary. You can do it or you can't. Just like theater Just Like Music.

WSS

That's not true at all. Your examples are fine arts and probably much more talent / aptitude based. In the real world a lot is determined by training. 

And even then, I'm not even necessarily referring to training. I am referring to people with that aptitude to actually want to pursue teaching. If you think teachers are bad now because they have low skill, then you want to incentivize higher skilled individuals to pursue teaching. Right now though those high skilled individuals can pursue careers that pay a lot more and deal with less bullshit. 

Again, I've lived this as a hiring manager at multiple skill levels. Pay isn't everything, but it is still a top motivator. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

woodpecker - I clearly said the one you are complaining about was way over the line.

Don't you understand what you read? or didn't you read my post? How can you stupidly ask if I'm "equating" when I CLEARLY said the one was way over the line?

Did you eat crap for breakfast or what?

cause what comes out of your beak stinks as far as legit reasoning goes.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Cal, we get it, you like to play the victim here and claim self defense. We've done this before and you come back to insults first. 

But if you're essentially equating being called a child molester with being called a moron, you are, well, a moron. Actually, you're a politically blinded dumbass and your view here is completely tied to the individuals political beliefs, and not any actual morals, but we know that already. 

If I had no spine or principles I would probably start calling you and others something like this, or worse, to make a point. But I won't, because that won't help anything. 

If Steve is cool with this kind of rhetoric on his board, well, it is his choice. This poli board will continue to paint Browns fans in a great light....

Well you may as well be one if you support the perverted lifestyle being pushed by sick individuals in our schools ... Let me ask a straight up question... Do you have any morals at all?... It's a fair question.. Are you okay with teaching 5-8 year old kids how to masturbate?.. Are your kids or grandkids gonna get in line for hormone blockers? Are you in favor of Emasculating young Males? Because that's what they're doing... But go ahead... Keep your eyes wide shut... If you support this garbage guess what... YOU ARE SICK!!

12 hours ago, nickers said:

Well you may as well be one if you support the perverted lifestyle being pushed by sick individuals in our schools ... Let me ask a straight up question... Do you have any morals at all?... It's a fair question.. Are you okay with teaching 5-8 year old kids how to masturbate?.. Are your kids or grandkids gonna get in line for hormone blockers? Are you in favor of Emasculating young Males? Because that's what they're doing... But go ahead... Keep your eyes wide shut... If you support this garbage guess what... YOU ARE SICK!!

You are an angry old man yelling at a changing world that confuses you. You're believing whatever nonsense your fed (which is designed to keep you angry). 

You called a stranger on an Internet board a child molester because you disagree with them. You're a joke. 

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You are an angry old man yelling at a changing world that confuses you. You're believing whatever nonsense your fed (which is designed to keep you angry). 

You called a stranger on an Internet board a child molester because you disagree with them. You're a joke. 

You're not being clear. You admit to a changing world in a positive sense, but the changes that Nickers described are nonsense? You mean they're not true?

Calling you a child molester is wrong. I could never do that, would rather engage in civil debate... but now you must know how it feels to a conservative to be called a bigot, racist, homophobe,etc  by libs just because they disagree with them.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, FY56 said:

You're not being clear. You admit to a changing world in a positive sense, but the changes that Nickers described are nonsense? You mean they're not true?

Calling you a child molester is wrong. I could never do that, would rather engage in civil debate... but now you must know how it feels to a conservative to be called a bigot, racist, homophobe,etc  by libs just because they disagree with them.

Even if he was a molester he’d go along with changing the definition of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Again... Like I knew you would... You totally dodged the question and deflected like your fellow libs...  Ok calling you a molester was a bit over the top but apparently... I struck a nerve and that was the point , but it got your attention... .. Bottom line being... If you support this crap... You are just as sick and twisted as these pigs are... Damn right I'm angry because it comes down to messing with kids... Kids are impressionable.. Kids are our future.. You think confusing them and gaslighting them is cool?.... No way man... Let kids enjoy their child hood... When they become adolescents and their hormones start boiling... Then we can guide them in making safe , sane choices for themselves...

EDIT: I grew up on the street... And I've lived upper Middle class... I grew up in a family bar business... The best free psychology class anyone can get... I'm far from being confused... But go on... Keep right on deflecting... I've spent my whole child hood and life , watching and analyzing people... I know right from wrong... Do you?... I don't think so...

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You called a stranger on an Internet board a child molester because they had a different opinion than you

Not really. People call some of you guys child molesters because you seem to agree with other people who tend to sexualize very young children. Or if you don't completely support that you at least seem to give them a pass. Probably child molester is an extreme term and shouldn't be used but that happens all the time around here. Maybe some of you are actually more upset about things than you let on because you think it will make you sound like one of the right wingers. But who knows?

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

You called a stranger on an Internet board a child molester because they had a different opinion than you

No I called you one because I think you are a SICK MOTHERFUCKER!

And Like always... You deflect... Still dodging the question... I guess I am right.. You should be in JAIL!

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Has he ever denied being a molester?

He thinks its cool by the fact he refuses to answer the question... I would hate to see the skeletons in his closet... Nor do I want to for that matter...

19 minutes ago, nickers said:

No I called you one because I think you are a SICK MOTHERFUCKER!

And Like always... You deflect... Still dodging the question... I guess I am right.. You should be in JAIL!

15 minutes ago, nickers said:

He thinks its cool by the fact he refuses to answer the question... I would hate to see the skeletons in his closet... Nor do I want to for that matter...

You've got issues man

6 hours ago, FY56 said:

He's clearly triggered... I almost feel sorry for him... But by the same token... It's the bed you make... You sleep in it...

25 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Bro have you seen your posts in this thread? Hahaha

I'm not your "Bro" you sick puppy...