THE BROWNS BOARD

This one actually is for Woody

Regardless of whether I agree with their platform (though I think I might agree with a good amount of it), I think this is a positive for the country and want them to succeed. 

I do feel the fringe right stands to cause more damage to the country than the fringe left though. If this splits votes to make it easier for that fringe right to get into power that would definitely not be good. 

Overall though, the emergence of a third party would be a positive overall so I'm rooting for it. 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Regardless of whether I agree with their platform (though I think I might agree with a good amount of it), I think this is a positive for the country and want them to succeed. 

I do feel the fringe right stands to cause more damage to the country than the fringe left though. If this splits votes to make it easier for that fringe right to get into power that would definitely not be good. 

Overall though, the emergence of a third party would be a positive overall so I'm rooting for it. 

do you live in an upside down world? just how did you ever learn to be opposite?

economy is better now that when Pres Trump was president?

our energy independence was worse than our serious energy problems NOW?

our national security at the border was great under Pres Trump, it is devastated now?

We were STRONG with Pres Trump - but now NK is shooting off missiles and making vile threats of war,

russia and china are making vile threats of war to us.......this is better than strength through peace?

Our military enlistment has plummetted to a serious low point........

almost 90% of Americans believe we are headed in the WRONG DIRECTION???????

The fbi, doj, etc are all in on being politically left openly, and you think that is better than before, when they were respected?

maybe "black is light, and white is dark" to you to get attention and elitist standing in conversations?

What?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

do you live in an upside down world? just how did you ever learn to be opposite?

economy is better now that when Pres Trump was president?

our energy independence was worse than our serious energy problems NOW?

our national security at the border was great under Pres Trump, it is devastated now?

We were STRONG with Pres Trump - but now NK is shooting off missiles and making vile threats of war,

russia and china are making vile threats of war to us.......this is better than strength through peace?

Our military enlistment has plummetted to a serious low point........

almost 90% of Americans believe we are headed in the WRONG DIRECTION???????

The fbi, doj, etc are all in on being politically left openly, and you think that is better than before, when they were respected?

maybe "black is light, and white is dark" to you to get attention and elitist standing in conversations?

What?

Good job soldier. Go get your cookie 

As far as a third candidate my opinion is pretty much the same. It seems to me it could have the effect of guaranteeing the majority be disappointed. Depending on the situation it could work to my favor or against me same as everybody. 35% for a moderate left 25% for a hard left and 40% for a conservative leaves 60% of the mostly liberal voters holding the bag. And the conference would be just as true.

For what it's worth I consider myself moderate right. And I think the hard left is a lot crazier than the hard right.

I have no idea what Yang and his people believe in or care about or pretend to.

Neither Republican nor Democrat checks all the boxes on my list of favorite positions . Still I don't favor adding a third party just for Optics.

WSS

Pages in category "Defunct political parties in the United States"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

As far as a third candidate my opinion is pretty much the same. It seems to me it could have the effect of guaranteeing the majority be disappointed. Depending on the situation it could work to my favor or against me same as everybody. 35% for a moderate left 25% for a hard left and 40% for a conservative leaves 60% of the mostly liberal voters holding the bag. And the conference would be just as true.

For what it's worth I consider myself moderate right. And I think the hard left is a lot crazier than the hard right.

I have no idea what Yang and his people believe in or care about or pretend to.

Neither Republican nor Democrat checks all the boxes on my list of favorite positions . Still I don't favor adding a third party just for Optics.

WSS

What do you mean by "optics"? Honestly wondering

Also, you really think the hard left is crazier than the hard right? (Even if you didn't include "hard right" in your intial % breakdown). One of those two groups has a whole damn conspiracy movement the included a group waiting in Texas for weeks for JFK to return. One of those groups rioted and stormed the Capitol. I know the counter will be BLM riots... but one of those is much more politically aligned/affiliated than the other. 

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Sorry,  incorrectly. 

WSS

Alright that makes more sense. And yes, you're correct, it is used incorrectly. For as much as the right wants to complain about the left calling them racists incorrectly, you've got the right calling anyone they disagree with groomers (among other things). 

54 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Also, you really think the hard left is crazier than the hard right? (Even if you didn't include "hard right" in your intial % breakdown). One of those two groups has a whole damn conspiracy movement the included a group waiting in Texas for weeks for JFK to return. One of those groups rioted and stormed the Capitol. I know the counter will be BLM riots... but one of those is much more politically aligned/affiliated than the other. 

And the hard left can’t define what a woman is, and think a man can get pregnant.

• Upvote 1

@Westside Steve

But overall I think a third party is a good idea. A dilution of power in government is also, hopefully, a dilution of corruption. Maybe a better chance to have parties aligned with what people actually want. 

That original article also cited a stat that a heavy majority of people want a third party. That's a good sign. 

I think people will be afraid to vote for them though if they think it'll help the other party. 

Say you hate the Rep platform about you're indifferent to the Dem platform. This party comes along and you love it. Normally you vote Dem to just avoid the Rep platform. Do you risk getting your least favorite outcome if it allows you to potentially get your most favorite?

If it's Biden v Trump/Desantis in 2024, and this party isn't complete trash, I might vote third party again. 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

That was a rhetorical question. My boy Vambo has a tendency to stick shit in a thread that doesn't belong.

He's correct of course; it just doesn't belong in this particular thread.

WSS

I deleted my mess...!

i

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

@Westside Steve

But overall I think a third party is a good idea. A dilution of power in government is also, hopefully, a dilution of corruption. Maybe a better chance to have parties aligned with what people actually want. 

That original article also cited a stat that a heavy majority of people want a third party. That's a good sign. 

I think people will be afraid to vote for them though if they think it'll help the other party. 

Say you hate the Rep platform about you're indifferent to the Dem platform. This party comes along and you love it. Normally you vote Dem to just avoid the Rep platform. Do you risk getting your least favorite outcome if it allows you to potentially get your most favorite?

If it's Biden v Trump/Desantis in 2024, and this party isn't complete trash, I might vote third party again. 

Glad to hear it. I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm sure that Mickey Mouse Donald Duck etc etc get at least a few thousand votes every year. But I can't imagine anybody further left of Biden with a serious shot at getting a nomination. Unless you would just vote for a gay black woman for the hell of it.

WSS

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Glad to hear it. I'm too lazy to look it up but I'm sure that Mickey Mouse Donald Duck etc etc get at least a few thousand votes every year. But I can't imagine anybody further left of Biden with a serious shot at getting a nomination. Unless you would just vote for a gay black woman for the hell of it.

WSS

Again with the "you" crap... 

And Biden isn't nearly as far left as you think or as much as right wing media wants you to believe