THE BROWNS BOARD

Incarcerated US transgender 'woman' 'doing alright' after impregnating two inmates

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

They should have put this sign ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ on all the REAL women in the prison!

37 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

The fact that people actually defend this crazy bullshit shows this country is going down rapidly.

I'll defend anyone's "right" to be what they always were inside from as far back as they can remember. But I will never defend being able to compete in athletics of their identification gender like Rene Richards did in Tennis way back in the day. It's an unfair advantage.

19 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

What they were inside is what they were born as.  Mental illness is another matter.

You're out of your area of expertise here. The very reputable Cleveland Clinic totally disagrees with you. 

The first sentence in the article: "Being transgender is not a mental illness."

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/21963-transgender-ensuring-mental-health

55 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You're out of your area of expertise here. The very reputable Cleveland Clinic totally disagrees with you. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/21963-transgender-ensuring-mental-health

It most definitely is a mental disorder.

highest suicide rate ever.

Common sense.  Doesn’t mean you hate that person but you don’t force there illness on society 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But it once was. It was recently declassified as a mental condition by The World Health Organization.

My question is...if not a mental condition, then what is it?

Usually the word "symptoms" implies a health issue, mental or physical.

What are the symptoms of transgender?
Symptoms
  • A difference between gender identity and genitals or secondary sex characteristics, such as breast size, voice and facial hair. ...
  • A strong desire to be rid of these genitals or secondary sex characteristics, or a desire to prevent the development of secondary sex characteristics.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

This is an appeal to authority. Unfortunately, even medicine isn't immune from woke corporatism. My opinion on this topic is that the suicide rates are too high to tout gender affirmation therapy as the definitive treatment. But I can't say that to colleagues without fear of being labelled a bigot and anti-trans and then having to explain myself to some idiot in HR. The data that is driving these decisions at the corporate level is mostly for financial gain. The fact is that an elective treatment that removes you from the gene pool is considered by some to be standard of care. Fine, patient autonomy is king, if an adult wants to do that to themselves, they can go for it. I just won't be a party to it. What I do have enough courage to speak out against is parents making this choice for their children so that they won't hit puberty. That should count as Munchausen by proxy. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, hammertime said:

It most definitely is a mental disorder.

highest suicide rate ever.

Common sense.  Doesn’t mean you hate that person but you don’t force there illness on society 

Well what they're saying is that being trans ultimately may lead to mental problems.

Gender dysphoria is the feeling of discomfort or distress that might occur in people whose gender identity differs from their sex assigned at birth or sex-related physical characteristics.

While dysphoria isn't a mental health diagnosis on its own, it's a symptom associated with a variety of mental illnesses, such as stress, anxiety, depression, and substance use disorders.

Read the entire article if you want to be educated. There are very good reasons for the high suicide rate starting with how they are treated by others who often act out on them the very prejudices some of you verbalize here. Do yourself a favor some time and get to know a transgender person. If you gain their trust they will tell you exactly what life has been for them and why. I have a grandson who has gone out of his way to be a very good friend to a High School transgender biological boy. I'm very proud of the fact he has done this because that "girl" is now in my grandson's large circle of friends who now also accept "her" for who "she" is. Hopefully that acceptance translates in later life to mental health and not suicidal ideation.

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Read the entire article if you want to be educated. There are very good reasons for the high suicide rate starting with how they are treated by others who often act out on them the very prejudices some of you verbalize here. Do yourself a favor some time and get to know a transgender person. If you gain their trust they will tell you exactly what life has been for them and why. I have a grandson who has gone out of his way to be a very good friend to a High School transgender biological boy. I'm very proud of the fact he has done this because that "girl" is now in my grandson's large circle of friends who now also accept "her" for who "she" is. Hopefully that acceptance translates in later life to mental health and not suicidal ideation.

How soon before they get married and bare you great grand children?

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Thats all great, but it has little to do with the mental illness debate you started.

So would your grandsons circle of friends cheer on their trans friend as "she" competes in a woman's athletic event?

5 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Thats all great, but it has little to do with the mental illness debate you started.

So would your grandsons circle of friends cheer on their trans friend as "she" competes in a woman's athletic event?

Got me. Never asked him that question. And I have no idea if that person even likes anything athletic. 

But it in fact does have something to do with later mental illness. If that person is accepted early in life instead of being treated like a pariah, it can change everything for them. My grandson just seemed to understand that intuitively and made it a point to bring "her" into an accepting group of friends.

4 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Got me. Never asked him that question. And I have no idea if that person even likes anything athletic. 

But it in fact does have something to do with later mental illness. If that person is accepted early in life instead of being treated like a pariah, it can change everything for them. My grandson just seemed to understand that intuitively and made it a point to bring "her" into an accepting group of friends.

If a person dresses up like Elvis or some other famous person would he/ you accept them as Elvis and treat them like Elvis?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'll defend anyone's "right" to be what they always were inside from as far back as they can remember. But I will never defend being able to compete in athletics of their identification gender like Rene Richards did in Tennis way back in the day. It's an unfair advantage.

Thats good to know. Then you would have to agree that trans who choose to play women's sports do it out of pure selfishness having zero concern about fairness let alone the integrity of the game.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FY56 said:

Thats good to know. Then you would have to agree that trans who choose to play women's sports do it out of pure selfishness having zero concern about fairness let alone the integrity of the game.

Correctamundo.