THE BROWNS BOARD

HERO WITH HANDGUN Police praise armed 'good Samaritan' who neutralized gunman during deadly rampage at mall

Vambo

14 minutes ago, Neo said:

Why is nobody mentioning the use of ARMED SECURITY GUARDS? If police response time is an issue why rely on some random citizen and not someone who is required to train and qualify every so often?

Because the Democrats want only them the government to have guns...it's easier to enslave the population.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Why is nobody mentioning the use of ARMED SECURITY GUARDS? If police response time is an issue why rely on some random citizen and not someone who is required to train and qualify every so often?

Still isn't addressing the core issue. Better than joe blow that has no idea what he's really doing, sure, but it's just a nicer bandaid. 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You did say something, anything right? Or am I mistaken?

WSS 

To address the core issue, not to just (hopefully) make it less secure when it continues to happen.

You're having quality issues in manufacturing. They're getting to the customer. You can implement better final inspection to help catch issues before they go out, and that's better then then getting out, but it isn't addressing the underlying cause. A better answer would be to correct whatever process is creating the quality issue. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

To address the core issue, not to just (hopefully) make it less secure when it continues to happen.You're having quality issues in manufacturing. They're getting to the customer. You can implement better final inspection to help catch issues before they go out, and that's better then then getting out, but it isn't addressing the underlying cause. A better answer would be to correct whatever process is creating the quality issue. 

Vote Democrats out, that will stop with the racism, hate crimes, stop teaching preschoolers sex, hire and maintain a well trained police department, get rid of liberal prosecutors that use no bail catch and release (except republicans), get rid of Soros judges who give light to no jail time, actually teach children things that will help them to excel in the real world, stop with the men can be women and women can be men etc...

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

To address the core issue, not to just (hopefully) make it less secure when it continues to happen.

You're having quality issues in manufacturing. They're getting to the customer. You can implement better final inspection to help catch issues before they go out, and that's better then then getting out, but it isn't addressing the underlying cause. A better answer would be to correct whatever process is creating the quality issue. 

OMG. Woody posted a valid, terribly simplistic analogy. Yes, in principle, you want to address the cause, not just the symptom.

But, politics get in the way. False strictly political claims about what the cause is, keeps a solution from being worked on. These young people mass murders have apparently tripled from 2011 to 2014.

Mass shootings have tripled in America since 2011 — mass shootings are defined as an act of violence perpetuated by a group or a single person with the intention to cause voilence by gun, ... Between 2011 and 2014 mass shootings tripled, with a mass shooting occuring, roughly every 60 days. These numbers are terrifying…but it gets worst.
    So, just the facts:

Who was president during those three years?

Buttock ObaMao Commie.

Why is that important?

Fact: ObaMao authorized a school/student leniency program.
Their inaction reflects the Broward department's embrace of the school district's approach to student crime. Even in response to a major crime scene, Sheriff Israel agreed to defer to school officials when "feasible" and employ "the least punitive means of discipline" against the perpetrators.. The Broward school board also revised agreements between the district and the school ...
Apr 25, 2018Obama-era federal education policy aimed at shrinking the achievement gap between white and minority students has backfired as well. Recently released scores of fourth graders in the United States on an international measure of reading skills showed overall decline of U.S. students, with the lowest-performing students declining the most.
So, for everyone who just wants to "DO SOMETHING" - stop that leniency/no serious consequences program.

Again and again - there were legit WARNING SIGNS that were ignored about certain young people who were having problems. Far more people are murdered with knives than  guns.

ObaMao is responsible for that policy of no serious consequences.
Some students have lashed out in violence, with no guns involved.

His program enabled some students with mental issues to act out, since they were protected from consequences.

The "banning thing" is stupid. Will not ever solve anything.

Look around. No consequences for blm/antifa violence. No consequences for the colbert staffers doing what they did.

Comey lied to congress, no consequences. Hunter biden - no consequences (yet).  No consequences for violence and theft in leftwing big cities. Of course crime skyrockets !

Of course, kids who need help and don't get it - who need to pay for their minor crimes - will act out.

And social media - can be just as much a double-edged sword as you can find nowadays.

FACT: some mass shootings have NOT used a semi-auto rifle - a lot have. Meaning, the shootings will continue - banning anything only politically tries to get a "win" by pretending to treat the sympton.

Politically going after maybe 180 million gun owners will not stop these murders on bit. I can't imagine anyone not understanding that, regardless of what they say.

58 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

OMG. Woody posted a valid, terribly simplistic analogy. Yes, in principle, you want to address the cause, not just the symptom.

But, politics get in the way. False strictly political claims about what the cause is, keeps a solution from being worked on. These young people mass murders have apparently tripled from 2011 to 2014.

Mass shootings have tripled in America since 2011 — mass shootings are defined as an act of violence perpetuated by a group or a single person with the intention to cause voilence by gun, ... Between 2011 and 2014 mass shootings tripled, with a mass shooting occuring, roughly every 60 days. These numbers are terrifying…but it gets worst.
    So, just the facts:

Who was president during those three years?

Buttock ObaMao Commie.

Why is that important?

Fact: ObaMao authorized a school/student leniency program.
Their inaction reflects the Broward department's embrace of the school district's approach to student crime. Even in response to a major crime scene, Sheriff Israel agreed to defer to school officials when "feasible" and employ "the least punitive means of discipline" against the perpetrators.. The Broward school board also revised agreements between the district and the school ...
Apr 25, 2018Obama-era federal education policy aimed at shrinking the achievement gap between white and minority students has backfired as well. Recently released scores of fourth graders in the United States on an international measure of reading skills showed overall decline of U.S. students, with the lowest-performing students declining the most.
So, for everyone who just wants to "DO SOMETHING" - stop that leniency/no serious consequences program.

Again and again - there were legit WARNING SIGNS that were ignored about certain young people who were having problems. Far more people are murdered with knives than  guns.

ObaMao is responsible for that policy of no serious consequences.
Some students have lashed out in violence, with no guns involved.

His program enabled some students with mental issues to act out, since they were protected from consequences.

The "banning thing" is stupid. Will not ever solve anything.

Look around. No consequences for blm/antifa violence. No consequences for the colbert staffers doing what they did.

Comey lied to congress, no consequences. Hunter biden - no consequences (yet).  No consequences for violence and theft in leftwing big cities. Of course crime skyrockets !

Of course, kids who need help and don't get it - who need to pay for their minor crimes - will act out.

And social media - can be just as much a double-edged sword as you can find nowadays.

FACT: some mass shootings have NOT used a semi-auto rifle - a lot have. Meaning, the shootings will continue - banning anything only politically tries to get a "win" by pretending to treat the sympton.

Politically going after maybe 180 million gun owners will not stop these murders on bit. I can't imagine anyone not understanding that, regardless of what they say.

ODS

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Still isn't addressing the core issue. Better than joe blow that has no idea what he's really doing, sure, but it's just a nicer bandaid. 

The core issue is something that cannot be addressed overnight. But this is one bandaid that I can live with and I think would make an immediate impact. I could never understand why mall security were never armed to begin with. I always see them chasing after shoplifters, I wouldn't do that unarmed. At least not in today's world.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:14 PM, Neo said:

I have no issues with armed security guards, but really how much of your school budget are you going to dedicate to protecting against a mass shooter? How proficient should they be and how much range time are you paying for? 

If you're doing a mass shooting, you know that if you pop the security guard, then you'll have free reign to blast whomever you want afterwards until the cops show up. 

On 7/20/2022 at 5:25 PM, MLD Woody said:

The bill that passed was symbolic and damn near nothing.

The government now has legislation to take away the constitutional rights of someone who has never committed a crime. That's far worse than "damn near nothing." Surely, this measure will be as effective stopping mass shootings as the TSA is at stopping terrorist attacks. lol, I guess we agree on its efficacy towards reducing gun violence. 

19 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I have no issues with armed security guards, but really how much of your school budget are you going to dedicate to protecting against a mass shooter? How proficient should they be and how much range time are you paying for? 

If you're doing a mass shooting, you know that if you pop the security guard, then you'll have free reign to blast whomever you want afterwards until the cops show up. 

Most schools where I live already have School Resource Officers [SRO's] so I think they are good there. I'm talking vast buildings like malls that should have multiple armed security guards patrolling the building. Most the malls I've been to have multiple flashlight cops, why not trade that flashlight for a sidearm? It's only a bandaid but bandaids are there to stop the bleeding until the problem is corrected.

edit: Some hospitals around me have their own police, squad cars and everything. Maybe large complexes should think about trending in that direction.