THE BROWNS BOARD

I Think This Looks Badass!

nickers

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

The all white Bengals looks sick! Too bad we didn't come up with the idea first. 

The Bungles look like shit no matter what they do...

On 7/15/2022 at 5:40 PM, Dutch Oven said:

The white helmets with the white jerseys/pants looks pretty darn good.

Not a fan of the white helmet with brown jerseys. 

I agree.  White on white works.

To be honest, I don't like the Brown jerseys.  I never have.  Just goes back to when I was a kid.  We hardly ever wore them, and it seemed like we lost when we did.

Just now, ballpeen said:

To be honest, I don't like the Brown jerseys.  I never have.  Just goes back to when I was a kid.  We hardly ever wore them, and it seemed like we lost when we did because we only wore them for an occasional away game as most home teams wear their colors at home.

6 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

To be honest, I don't like the Brown jerseys.  I never have.  Just goes back to when I was a kid.  We hardly ever wore them, and it seemed like we lost when we did.

They rarely wore the brown jerseys in the 80s, it wasn't until Bud Carson became head coach, then Belichick, before they wore the brown jerseys at home. Under Shottenheimer, you only saw the brown jerseys on the road when some team in a hot locale wanted the Browns to sweat, or the random other team that wore white jerseys at home. (The Redskins of that era wore white jerseys at home)

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

They rarely wore the brown jerseys in the 80s, it wasn't until Bud Carson became head coach, then Belichick, before they wore the brown jerseys at home. Under Shottenheimer, you only saw the brown jerseys on the road when some team in a hot locale wanted the Browns to sweat, or the random other team that wore white jerseys at home. (The Redskins of that era wore white jerseys at home)

Indeed.  I go back several decades before that. Paul Brown was still the coach.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

Indeed.  I go back several decades before that. Paul Brown was still the coach.

I still like the old classic white on white for all home games, some combination of brown on the road.

Some tradition that's me.....maybe others too ?

I'm an old school fan too. I prefer the brown tops for home games. They should don the orange pants with them for a couple games at home as well.

In reality it doesn't really matter in the outcome of the game, but watching teams like the Steelers or Raiders come into Cleveland wearing their traditional black uniforms makes those teams more comfortable. 

• Upvote 1

I always liked the Brown jersey.  But we never wore it when I was a kid (back when Christ was a kid).  Like Dallas never wore their blue.

...I don't care for that white helmet.  But then, I don't like the current dayglo orange either.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Orion said:

I always liked the Brown jersey.  But we never wore it when I was a kid (back when Christ was a kid).  Like Dallas never wore their blue.

...I don't care for that white helmet.  But then, I don't like the current dayglo orange either.

The dayglo Orange has to go!

• Thanks 1

White on white is a classic look. I thought the 1946 Throwback uniforms, including gray facemask and number on the helmet, they wore last season were sharp. I would be a fan of those being in the rotation.

I love the brown jersey as well. And have always been a big fan of the brown on white look. If they wanted to don the brown on orange look for a game, fine. But I have always appreciated the Browns' simple look. 

I prefer the white facemask over the brown facemask. It's an 80's Brownies thing.

No matter what any of us thinks about the look(s), this is all about money. Bring out concepts, wear them for a game, sell more apparel. Capitalism is a beautiful. 

Unlike the revenue sharing from the broadcast rights, I think there are different splits on apparel sales between the Teams and the NFL. Apparel sales and stadium ownership are the reasons the Cowboys are valued higher than all other Teams. I believe Jerry Jones gets all or the highest cut of the Cowboys apparel sales.