THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

43 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, one more time, Doug Dieken clearly lamented that the wr's were NOT getting open again and again. So, that doesn't translate into "Baker couldn't do it", but rather "no qb can throw to covered wr's". And again, the wr group is upgraded. If it was all Baker's fault they would have been fine staying with wr group they had.

This is the same guy who was begging for the Browns to upgrade the WR position during the offseason when he thought Baker was going to be the starting QB.

Has anyone else ever noticed that the people who continually attempt to perform mental gymnastics are the people who are mentally in no condition to do so? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Doug Dieken clearly lamented that the wr's were NOT getting open again and again. So, that doesn't translate into "Baker couldn't do it",

Our best receiver got off the team because of all of the times he was wide open and Baker never threw him the ball.  

I get it.  You like Baker.  And you don't like Watson.   But the organization obviously saw Baker they way I did (and others), and not the way you do (and others).  

I saw a QB that misses receivers high when throwing over the middle, and makes selfish decisions with the ball instead of taking what is given.  

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Our best receiver got off the team because of all of the times he was wide open and Baker never threw him the ball.  

I get it.  You like Baker.  And you don't like Watson.   But the organization obviously saw Baker they way I did (and others), and not the way you do (and others).  

I saw a QB that misses receivers high when throwing over the middle, and makes selfish decisions with the ball instead of taking what is given.  

Fine you see it that way, but obj was a giant problem with the giants. and he was "injured" so much. And Landry got injured, and was NOT a deep threat. Of course,  never happy. I saw a qb playing with a badly injured other shoulder, and not playing up to par. He set records. Of course I like Baker - he could have rocked with a better wr group, after recovering  from surgery. I simply never liked players who are lowlifes. But 3 first round draft picks and .....

nah.

The truth is, neither obj or landry, no Browns wr is even on the list of top deep threat wr's.

Until now - Amari Cooper is SECOND.

Raiders' Amari Cooper No. 2 best deep-threat in NFL per PFF. Share this article 15 shares share tweet text email link Ryan Lipton. July 1, 2017 12:31 pm PT. Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper can do everything. ... July 1, 2017 12:31 pm PT. Oakland Raiders wide receiver Amari Cooper can do everything. The former Crimson Tide is just as ...

I saw a team with a poor wr group overall. Didn't fit. Love Landry, but he is not a deep threat. Teams sat on mid routes and outs, and Schwartz was raw and made a big mistake and it was an int.
Baker set RECORDS when he actually had obj on the list.

Here is a list of top deep threats in the NFL:

1. TYREEK HILL, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

2. D.K. METCALF, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

3. KENNY GOLLADAY, NEW YORK GIANTS

4. WILL FULLER V, MIAMI DOLPHINS

5. CALVIN RIDLEY, ATLANTA FALCONS

Honorable Mention: TERRY MCLAURIN, WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

and last year, the browns had a wr group that failed badly in comparison to

the other three teams in the division.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-top-10-deep-threats-bengals-ja-marr-chase-lone-rookie-on-list

NFL's top 10 deep threats: Bengals' Ja'Marr Chase lone rookie on list

Rank
Seattle Seahawks · WR

Rank
Cincinnati Bengals · WR

Rank
Houston Texans · WR (NOTE: where watson was from, big advantage)

Rank
Philadelphia Eagles · WR

Rank
Kansas City Chiefs · WR

Rank
Los Angeles Rams · WR

Rank
Las Vegas Raiders · WR

Rank
Green Bay Packers · WR

Rank
Carolina Panthers · WR

Rank
Las Vegas Raiders · WR

and Baker set records in 2020 without any of them. I just see watson as having had the
number three deep threat to throw to. Baker didn't have one. and obj - the Giants couldn't WAIT til they
got his "it's all about me and my brand" out of town. and still, Baker led the browns to the playoffs.

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

No one needs to 'reach out to him'.....  If his employer tells him to play, he'll play. 

Because if he declines he will be in breach of contract. Dock his pay accordingly. That's a Million bucks a game approximately.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Because if he declines he will be in breach of contract. Dock his pay accordingly. That's a Million bucks a game approximately.

Perfect.

Let him sit all year, then let him go to free agency, then collect the comp pick. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 3:40 PM, Orion said:

OBJ was our best receiver??....that's a joke! I saw him drop more easy passes than Braylon Edwards. I'm glad he's gone....overrated prima dona....

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, lodilobo said:

OBJ was our best receiver??....that's a joke! I saw him drop more easy passes than Braylon Edwards. I'm glad he's gone....overrated prima dona....

Oh yeah.    He had a highlight reel of magnificent drops of the year.  He never lived up to his NYG career.  When they got him i thought that he was the  " missing link "  to the Super Bowl.....he was missing alright. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We were talking Baker here.

I think my brain just jumped threads......but I'll just have to save those numbers for a DW spot.

We're not talking about DW now are we ?    :huh: 

Jeezzzus H. Christmas.         :lol:

I just had to bury that post.  A quote directly from our favorite #6......

An edit add.....

.......“I think for that to happen there would have to be some reaching out,” Mayfield told reporters during his youth football camp in Norman, Oklahoma. “But we’re ready to move on, I think — on both sides.”

Currently, the plan for the Browns is to go with veteran journeyman Jacoby Brissett as their starter when Watson is out.

“The Cleveland Browns are still bracing for a significant suspension to their starting quarterback. If the NFL does suspend [Deshaun Watson], expect the Browns to enter training camp with Jacoby Brissett, not Baker Mayfield, as their starting quarterback,” ESPN’s Jake Trotter said on SportsCenter. “While Mayfield remains on Cleveland’s roster, I’ve been told he has no intention of playing for the Browns again. Cleveland has no plans for this to happen either. Instead, in the event of a Watson suspension, look for the Browns to move forward with Brissett, the former Indianapolis Colt, as the starter at quarterback.”....... 

IT'S OVER NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT. 

7WDAQL7XYJERJJS4CQON7UFHXQ.JPG

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I think my brain just jumped threads......but I'll just have to save those numbers for a DW spot.

We're not talking about DW now are we ?    :huh: 

Jeezzzus H. Christmas.         :lol:

And I deleted mine since it contained yours.  LOL!😁

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I just had to bury that post.  A quote directly from our favorite #6......

An edit add.....

.......“I think for that to happen there would have to be some reaching out,” Mayfield told reporters during his youth football camp in Norman, Oklahoma. “But we’re ready to move on, I think — on both sides.”

Currently, the plan for the Browns is to go with veteran journeyman Jacoby Brissett as their starter when Watson is out.

“The Cleveland Browns are still bracing for a significant suspension to their starting quarterback. If the NFL does suspend [Deshaun Watson], expect the Browns to enter training camp with Jacoby Brissett, not Baker Mayfield, as their starting quarterback,” ESPN’s Jake Trotter said on SportsCenter. “While Mayfield remains on Cleveland’s roster, I’ve been told he has no intention of playing for the Browns again. Cleveland has no plans for this to happen either. Instead, in the event of a Watson suspension, look for the Browns to move forward with Brissett, the former Indianapolis Colt, as the starter at quarterback.”....... 

IT'S OVER NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT. 

7WDAQL7XYJERJJS4CQON7UFHXQ.JPG

What else is new in Cleveland?

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

What else is new in Cleveland?

Haven't I heard that tune before ?

Sean McVay Admits 1 Regret From The Jared Goff Trade (msn.com)

This is the press conference I wish Stepfanski had. The only Playoff win we've had in a long-long time and he wasn't even there to coach it. Baker Mayfield and the backups went into Pittsburgh and brought us home a win. Maybe that's what Kevin's deal is...

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Baker Mayfield and the backups went into Pittsburgh and brought us home a win.

Is that the game that Ben had over 500 yards passing?   And they turned the ball over 5 times or so?

The article.....the Rams traded to upgrade their QB position.  The difference is, the team that they traded with actually wanted their QB whereas nobody wants ours.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Orion said:

Is that the game that Ben had over 500 yards passing?   And they turned the ball over 5 times or so?

The article.....the Rams traded to upgrade their QB position.  The difference is, the team that they traded with actually wanted their QB whereas nobody wants ours.

The difference? Let me see....

Stafford isn't a scumbag staring down and indefinite suspension? How about that?

WSS

56 minutes ago, Orion said:

Jared Goff actually took the Rams to the Super Bowl, yet the Rams were astute to realize he was limited and to win the Super Bowl, they would need to upgrade the position. 

And somehow Goff and his much bigger contract was able to be dealt away. Interesting. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Are you thinking his passing yardage made his 4 INTs excusable?  How many INTs did Baker throw that day his team scored 48 points?

If you look at the game summary, Cleveland had a lead of 48-29 before some of Ben's junk-time magic got them their final score with only 1:09 remaining.  That made the score look a little closer at 48-37; but putting cologne on Ben's stink didn't change the stench.

In that game, the QB that had the opposing defense thinking "here comes Santa Claus" wasn't Baker.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2022 at 10:46 AM, mjp28 said:

Oh yeah.    He had a highlight reel of magnificent drops of the year.  He never lived up to his NYG career.  When they got him i thought that he was the  " missing link "  to the Super Bowl.....he was missing alright. 

Oh the OBJ   "magnificent drops"   of the year   cd is still running.   Wow i didn't think that there were that many.

Oh and I heard OBJ sold his 13,800 sq. ft. house in Cleveland and sold for the asking price of  $3.3M  I guess he didn't drop that one.  Bought by a guy with the initials of DW as a second home for his massage therapists when he is actually in Cleveland.   No really it is sold, OBJ will NOT be returning to Cleveland,  word is it's LA or LV.  That part is true. ✔️ 

Yuck, yuck.    :lol:

Screenshot_2022-07-01_080627.jpg

3 hours ago, Orion said:

You missed the point.  See Dutch's response.

The point? I would think the point would be selling your house to buy a Lamborghini and sending your Subaru, that isn't even paid off, to the junkyard and then finding out that the Lamborghini can't be Smog Certified so you can't drive it. Anyway who knows Mayfield may never turn into the elite quarterback that those of us who like him hope him to be eventually. It's still a team sport. But Watson the Texans and Jimmy Haslam are still scumbags.

WSS

• Upvote 2