THE BROWNS BOARD

Assault rifle or not?

48 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You're the one that made the thread "Assault rifle or not?" And I answered "YES" all day every day and twice on Sunday. 

On 6/6/2022 at 11:04 PM, JAFBF said:

I don't get it? Did this dude just compare a firearm to a golf club?😏

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

it's total nonsense.

"weapon of choice". Yeah, a small percentage chose it. Has nothing to do with who did the horrific crime.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

https://people.com/crime/missouri-man-convicted-for-beating-dad-with-golf-club/

Missouri Man Beat Dad to Death with Golf Club for Trying to Break Up Fight with His Fiancée

"oh, look, a golf club was the "weapon of choice".

22 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

https://people.com/crime/missouri-man-convicted-for-beating-dad-with-golf-club/

Missouri Man Beat Dad to Death with Golf Club for Trying to Break Up Fight with His Fiancée

"oh, look, a golf club was the "weapon of choice".

Oh, I thought the moron in the video was the only one who could not differentiate there are other uses of the word "assault". As in some guy assaulted someone with a golf club, or talking about an "assault rifle" designed to overpower enemy forces during a raid or a siege. Geez, this country really is in trouble if we are comparing golf clubs to AR-15's.

20220608_181938.jpg

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

Oh, I thought the moron in the video was the only one who could not differentiate there are other uses of the word "assault". As in some guy assaulted someone with a golf club, or talking about an "assault rifle" designed to overpower enemy forces during a raid or a siege. Geez, this country really is in trouble if we are comparing golf clubs to AR-15's.

oh, come on. it was funny. Get a grip...

12 hours ago, Neo said:

You're the one that made the thread "Assault rifle or not?" And I answered "YES" all day every day and twice on Sunday. 

Well you do get it. But back to my question. Since I've proved that AR15s are not the weapon of choice in mass shootings and assuming it's more important to slightly curtail mass shootings than it is the thousands fold  greater instances of gun violence in the hood , would you, or any of the other lefties, support a ban on all semi-automatic weapons? And would you label any semi automatic rifle an assault weapon? Why or why not?

WSS

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well you do get it. But back to my question. Since I've proved that AR15s are not the weapon of choice in mass shootings and assuming it's more important to slightly curtail mass shootings than it is the thousands fold  greater instances of gun violence in the hood , would you, or any of the other lefties, support a ban on all semi-automatic weapons? And would you label any semi automatic rifle an assault weapon? Why or why not?

WSS

Funny thing is I own an AR-15 and I was once in the camp of " it's just another rifle and guns don't kill people, other people do"  But I  have thoughts and the more I thought about it the more I realized it was essentially the same rifle the military carries.

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And would you label any semi automatic rifle an assault weapon? Why or why not

Sometimes it's not about other weapons but acknowledging the fucking obvious, the AR-15 is an assault rifle. If you put them side by side with a military M4 carbine and an AR-15 carbine, I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 people would not be able to tell the difference.

And I never said anything about banning them. I'm all for common sense gun laws making it extremely difficult for the wrong people getting their hands on them. But if they decide to ban it, I'd be ok with it.  I got along just fine without it. 

48 minutes ago, Neo said:

But it's not an assault rifle because it's semiautomatic.........

Again the bump stock is illegal. Like sawing off your shotgun. Or if a machinist makes the AR-15 an automatic weapon. Still illegal. That again not really used in many public shootings.

And I'm pretty much with you I have absolutely no problem with one of these the laws that they proposed even though I don't think they will make the slightest difference. Just grandstanding especially in the case of banning the AR-15. I'm basically arguing with the people that save the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for mass shootings which I proved is not the case. It's semi-automatic handguns.

And just for the heck of it why do you own an AR-15? Are you planning to kill lots of people? I would imagine that even as much of a pain in the ass you can be you really aren't.

WSS