THE BROWNS BOARD

President's speech calling for assault weapons ban sparks alarm on Twitter: ‘Biden wants to disarm Americans’

Vambo

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Your numbers are the actual fake news cal, but I know it feels right to you, so you believe it. We have worse gun violence than any other developed country, why? What dumbass answer are you going to provide?

No, my numbers are an informed guessimate. Based on:

Demography of the United States
The United States is the third most populous country in the world, with an estimated population of 330,149,796 as of December 16, 2019. The United States Census Bureau shows a population increase of 0.75% for the twelve-month period ending in July 2012.Wikipedia

https://gunsandamerica.org/story/20/09/17/how-many-gun-owners-united-states-explainer/

About 40% of Americans say they or someone in their household owns a gun, and 22% of individuals (about 72 million people) report owning a gun, according to surveys from Pew and Harvard and Northeastern. This figure has declined over time, down from 51% of gun-owning households in 1978. Gun purchases, however, have hit historic highs in recent years and during the COVID-19 pandemic.

SO - 40% of 330,149,796 is 120,059,918.4. But that is seriously, seriously underestimated. Most people won't answer the question. Political viciousness is probably the reason the number has fallen. Like people in NY who refused to register their guns, after the NYC fiasco where names and addresses of all folks who did register their guns were PUBLISHED in their main newspaper.

but the percentage varies, also. It could easily be 60%. I know I certainly was never polled, and I would not answer the stupid poll either. It's probably a good bet that nobody on this forum has ever been polled about it.

Here's more information to tweak your beak:

https://therightscoop.com/gun-sales-skyrocket-according-to-fbi-data/

The agency processed 4 million checks in January, 3.4 million in February and 4.7 million in March this year. Those numbers are increases from last year, when 2.7 million checks were conducted in January, 2.8 million in February and 3.7 million in March.

Six of the 10 days that saw the most background checks in the FBI’s history came in last month, including the highest volume in a week since 1998 — 1,218,002 checks from March 15 to 21.

So, that is 4 million in just one month. So, maybe an average of 2 million a month, add 24 million to 120 million, and you get about 144 million, and there are easily 40 to 50 million folks to be added who would never

take part in the polls.

No one knows exactly how many.

Guess what.

Feb 13, 2021The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), a trade association monitoring gun sales and industry trends, estimates that 8.4 million, or 40%, of those gun sales were for first-time gun buyers. NSSF reported that women accounted for 40% of all sales, and purchases by African-Americans increased by 56% compared to 2019.

so, now you actually defend your justification for your "fake News" emotional knee jerk slur.