THE BROWNS BOARD

Elon Musk buys Twitter!!! God bless America!

23 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Really?????

How exactly do you think anything close to this is going to happen?

I'd love to know what you're thinking...

Not thinking anything in particular at this point, deal is months away.

Just passing on the info for this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

jafcovid is infecting more threads. Guess I'll wear a mask. lol

image.png.cdc173313d8b6bc344fcd9312752dd03.png

Nah, couldn't be   .   .   . 

States already re-implementing Mask mandates.

So obvious they don't even care you know what they're doing anymore.

Elon Musk lights up Twitter after declaring he'll vote GOP next election: 'The left should reflect on why'

'Elon Musk just announces he's voting Republican. Well, what would you expect from a genius?'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-lights-twitter-announcement-hell-vote-republican-next-election

54 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

https://sparktoro.com/blog/we-analyzed-every-twitter-account-following-donald-trump-61-are-bots-spam-inactive-or-propaganda/

realdonaldtrump-fake-followers.png

Their tool also said Musk had 70% fake

Either way.... Why didn't Musk do his due diligence before putting in the offer? That seems like it's his fault.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, MLD Woody said:

Either way.... Why didn't Musk do his due diligence before putting in the offer? That seems like it's his fault.

You'd mentioned an ulterior motive earlier. To crash the price and buy it for cheaper (or, alternatively sending the company into a tailspin while never having intent to buy) seems pretty consistent with what a billionaire would do. 

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

You'd mentioned an ulterior motive earlier. To crash the price and buy it for cheaper (or, alternatively sending the company into a tailspin while never having intent to buy) seems pretty consistent with what a billionaire would do. 

If your answer to that is ulterior motives then ok. (Or anyone else's answer).

Idk how their deal works, but if Musk didn't do his HW, and agreed on a purchase price, I'm not sure how he could go back and try to buy it for less. 

But maybe there's something in the deal that lets him, though that seems weird

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

If your answer to that is ulterior motives then ok. (Or anyone else's answer).

Idk how their deal works, but if Musk didn't do his HW, and agreed on a purchase price, I'm not sure how he could go back and try to buy it for less. 

But maybe there's something in the deal that lets him, though that seems weird

From my understanding, if it's proven (good luck figuring that out) that Twitter knowingly lied about their value by undercounting the number of bots, then the offer Musk made is null and void. If Twitter's value is what it is because it has 230M users, then its value is probably less if there are only actually 200M users (or however many bots there are). Further, if you get caught lying about the value of your company when it is publicly traded, then you're inviting the FTC to come after you.

If Musk is right about them lying about the bots, then there is a clear financial incentive for him to take this route. If lies cannot be proven (I'm guessing this is what happens), he still tanks the value of the stock and would probably happily walk away with egg on his face because it hurts the people he loathes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...