THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns say they 'welcomed' NFL inquiry into tanking claims made by former coach Hue Jackson

Vambo

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33763866/cleveland-browns-say-welcomed-nfl-inquiry-tanking-claims-made-former-coach-hue-jackson

CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns have spoken to an NFL investigator looking into claims by former coach Hue Jackson, who said the team intentionally lost games -- tanked -- in the 2016 and 2017 seasons.

Jackson, now coaching at Grambling State, was fired by Browns owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam eight games into the 2018 season with a 3-36-1 record.

In February, Jackson indicated in a series of posts on social media that the team paid him bonuses incentivizing him to lose and that he was set up to fail. Jackson later softened those claims.

The Browns went 1-15 in 2016 and 0-16 in 2017.

Spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed the league engaged former Securities and Exchange Commission chair Mary Jo White to look into Jackson's allegations.

"The review is ongoing and is expected to conclude soon," McCarthy said in an email to The Associated Press.

The team released a statement Monday night, saying it has worked with the league on its inquiry.

"Even though Hue recanted his allegations a short time after they were made, it was important to us and to the integrity of the game to have an independent review of the allegations," team spokesman Peter Jean-Baptiste said. "We welcomed an investigation and we are confident the results will show, as we've previously stated, that these allegations are categorically false.

"We have cooperated with Mary Jo White and look forward to the findings."

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Hue... Just go away... You're not helping yourself much

Ya, that 0-16 season the Giants were second worse at 3-13, so the extra two tanking games were free gratis from Baby Huey. What a joke of a coach!

• Upvote 1

I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  

Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  

Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

The man clearly has mental issues... Baker sadly seems headed down this road...

Dear diary,

Today I paid Hue $100,000 cash to really tank this week's game.  Good job Hue, see you next week.    Signed $#%& £€¥₩€££ ¿   :huh:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Report: Hue Jackson has Landed a new Head Coaching job

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-hue-jackson-has-landed-a-new-head-coaching-job

Former Browns’ head coach has landed a new job, this time in the college game.

I am amazed that a younger Huey scored a 8-8 record one year for the Raiders. 

Hue Jackson is proof that an organization can overcome poor coaching and leadership at the HC spot and still be mildly successful.

I don’t know why this man upsets me so much but I am so tired of these stories.  I guess it is the overly self assured types that have no effing clue what they are doing 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I am amazed that a younger Huey scored a 8-8 record one year for the Raiders. 

Hue Jackson is proof that an organization can overcome poor coaching and leadership at the HC spot and still be mildly successful.

I don’t know why this man upsets me so much but I am so tired of these stories.  I guess it is the overly self assured types that have no effing clue what they are doing 

I could see Hue and Baker doing the "Cry Babies" podcast tour together...

I could see Hue and Baker doing the "Cry Babies" podcast tour together...

Both are outstanding case studies of foot in mouth syndrome.

How does a NFL HC - lousy or not go from a NFL HC gig to Grambling?  Mike Reilly was lousy in the NFL he still became a HC at two respected D1 programs for over a decade. 

And Baker former #1 pick with some good and some bad tape…he’s just four years removed from being the top pick in the draft now teams are thinking about Drew Lock and Geno Smith and running it back with Darnold and others thinking Mariota is a better option.  

Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

12 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

same old bull 💩 story... the league just got around to announcing that they are assigning the case to nfl official Mary Jo Wright... 

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Exactly. Hue didn't say anything....bunch of these dudes are just triggered by his mere name being mentioned. Truth is.....of course the Browns were tanking but that's not unusual. The unusual is the announcement by the league because from a legal standpoint...the Browns did something that was too obvious to be ignored

2 hours ago, laiccm said:

Exactly. Hue didn't say anything....bunch of these dudes are just triggered by his mere name being mentioned. Truth is.....of course the Browns were tanking but that's not unusual. The unusual is the announcement by the league because from a legal standpoint...the Browns did something that was too obvious to be ignored

Triggered. Hardly.  It takes a bigger man I guess to tell folks you weren’t good 

He STARTED this whole thing. 

What did the Browns do that was highly unusual?  Start a young QB? Stockpile draft picks? Drop passes Week 17?  Miss kicks? Block FGs? 

The coaching/leadership dysfunction was on full display when “Hard Knocks” came into the building.   I’m surprised he didn’t come out an attack HBO for putting him in a negative light.  

23 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

I am too.... His mouth is like a water valve that was left open.... Jesus....

• Like 1

His mouth is like a water valve that was left open

...I think more like, on a timer....every so often it turns on.

Yes Hue!  The Front Office was tanking.  So were you.  But they were doing it on purpose!  - Mr. Bubble Screen on first and goal from the 1 in OT against the Steelers.

• Upvote 1

Clueless Jackson went 3-36-1 when he was the Browns HC. My question is, if they were doing a tank job, then how did Greg Williams go 5-3 in the last half of the year with the same players that Hue had?

And, if he was such a good coach that was being told to tank by the Browns, then why didn't any other NFL team offer him a HC job after the Browns let him go? Why is he not in the NFL anymore and is instead coaching the University of Phoenix Online team or some other fuckin' Division 2 team?

On 4/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, syd said:

sucks for grambling state

but then again this is old news

Surely he can make a 4-7 team into a 2-9 one overnight, right?🤡

Don't they have to tank to send bad players into the portal?😱🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

NFL concludes that Hue Jackson's tanking allegations against Browns cannot be substantiated

After an independent review, there was no evidence to suggest Cleveland incentivized losing in 2016-17

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-concludes-that-hue-jacksons-tanking-allegations-against-browns-cannot-be-substantiated/

• Guest locked this topic