THE BROWNS BOARD

Florida rejects 41% of math textbooks for including CRT, most aimed at K-5 students: 'Impermissible'

Vambo

Would love to see examples of what was considered "prohibited"

The official announcement doesn't give any examples either. 

Seems like state sponsored book banning. Unlike the other book banning conservatives are already doing. 

It'll be interesting to see how differently kids will be raised in states like Florida vs others in the coming decades. Nothing I've seen in the last few years would make me want to move there or raise a family there. 

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Seems like state sponsored book banning. Unlike the other book banning conservatives are already doing. 

It'll be interesting to see how differently kids will be raised in states like Florida vs others in the coming decades. Nothing I've seen in the last few years would make me want to move there or raise a family there. 

Frankly that's probably more because your stated views make me tend to think that you would prefer a school system that teaches, well let's just say some of these controversial issues, to 8 year olds.  

I might also guess that even a fair amount of democrat parents wood balk at their children being taught some of these things but will publicly esspouse those issues just due to the us versus them factor.

WSS

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing the World He Didn’t Exist

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2022 at 9:29 PM, MLD Woody said:

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-gives-examples-after-math-books-rejected-for-crt-other-issues/2742102/

9 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Those are some terrible quality scans. 

Looks like two examples were posted:

- for the first one, sure. Seems weird for the math lesson to be around racial bias. Not sure what age group that's intended for, but I wouldn't be against changing it 

- the second one seems strange on it's surface for a math lesson, but nothing jumps out as awful. I'd need to see what the actual content is

At this point I have little to know faith or trust in the Florida govt, so who knows what was in the dozens of other books if anything at all. You'd think they'd at least release a list of titles. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Those are some terrible quality scans. 

Looks like two examples were posted:

- for the first one, sure. Seems weird for the math lesson to be around racial bias. Not sure what age group that's intended for, but I wouldn't be against changing it 

- the second one seems strange on it's surface for a math lesson, but nothing jumps out as awful. I'd need to see what the actual content is

At this point I have little to know faith or trust in the Florida govt, so who knows what was in the dozens of other books if anything at all. You'd think they'd at least release a list of titles. 

Critical Race Tyranny2022-04-24_111736.thumb.jpg.946724efe6ad2eaaff63b543827a1afc.jpg