THE BROWNS BOARD

Are you better off today than a year ago?

Vambo

On 3/26/2022 at 12:53 AM, MLD Woody said:

And you believe that?

Nothing in that meme caused anything in your brain to go "hmm, maybe I should double check this?"

I'll just dust this off....

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.aau4586

"Conservatives were more likely to share articles from fake news domains, which in 2016 were largely pro-Trump in orientation, than liberals or moderates. We also find a strong age effect, which persists after controlling for partisanship and ideology: On average, users over 65 shared nearly seven times as many articles from fake news domains as the youngest age group."

Well Woodrow, if you know what stokes the fires for inflation you don’t need memes or links from leftists to know what the underlying causes are.

49 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Well Woodrow, if you know what stokes the fires for inflation you don’t need memes or links from leftists to know what the underlying causes are.

So, it's doesn't matter if what your post is true, because you "know" what the causes inflation. Yeah, that pretty sums up most of the righty posting here. True and false doesn't matter, as long as you owe the libs.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Axe said:

Not to mention gas, insurance, building materials or essentially ANYTHING.

If you think that you are doing better than a year ago you are delusional.

Paying more for things doesn’t make my life worse. Sorry to disappoint you

44 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

So, it's doesn't matter if what your post is true, because you "know" what the causes inflation. Yeah, that pretty sums up most of the righty posting here. True and false doesn't matter, as long as you owe the libs.

In a general sense yes we know what causes inflation. It's not just one thing and just because you love Biden doesn't mean he's blameless.

wSS

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Well good for you. Not you in particular but that logic would seem to mean that not getting any pussy whatsoever hasn't affected your sex life.

WSS

It just means, My job affords me what I need. I don’t live beyond my means. If you do, and you suffer, that’s on you

I was just answering the original question.

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It sure as hell doesn't make it any better.

It doesn’t make it worse either

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

And yet you were the one sharing memes...

And what's the "leftist link", science.org?

Don't blindly repost incorrect memes you saw on your MAGA Facebook thread and then tell me "you don't need memes". You want to make a point? Then stay within reality. Good place to start ...

16 hours ago, Axe said:

Not to mention gas, insurance, building materials or essentially ANYTHING.

If you think that you are doing better than a year ago you are delusional.

Don't forget we're talkin about 1 year ago. 2 years ago we hit bottom; things started getting better from that point. Oh it still sucked 1 year ago but remember we were doing great something like 2-and-a-half ago.

WSS

Before the Democrats conspired to tank the economy.

😏

well, woodpecker is probably doing better because maybe his family made him a vp of a dept of their business? just

a guess - it would explain a lot.

A year ago - up to today, we are doing great. But going out west, the amount of money on gas is going to be so much worse.

The price of food has hit bigtime, and it's going to get worse.

So, we had no concerns a year ago, now we have concerns - especially for friends not as well off as we are, and all those folks who don't have much income - especially in retirement.

So, paying 310 bucks for the same amount of groceries a year ago cost 235...nobody is better off.

Americans left behind in Afghanistan are not as well off.

The people of the Ukraine are not as well off. The poor people in inner cities are far, far worse off.

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And yet you were the one sharing memes...

And what's the "leftist link", science.org?

Don't blindly repost incorrect memes you saw on your MAGA Facebook thread and then tell me "you don't need memes". You want to make a point? Then stay within reality. Good place to start ...

The meme was more or less for humor, however there is some underlying truth (aka runaway government spending).

But go ahead and keep propping up your boy Biden.

36 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

The meme was more or less for humor, however there is some underlying truth (aka runaway government spending).

But go ahead and keep propping up your boy Biden.

I mean, if you want to keep backtracking, go ahead. Don't post a mean with actual numbers and then say it's "just for humor".

31 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I mean, if you want to keep backtracking, go ahead. Don't post a mean with actual numbers and then say it's "just for humor".

Whether it's humorous or not printing and burning cash leads to inflation. And don't give us any of your b******* about only or every. You know perfectly will it's a factor.

WSS

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Whether it's humorous or not printing and burning cash leads to inflation. And don't give us any of your b******* about only or every. You know perfectly will it's a factor.

WSS

The numbers in the meme are false. A quick bit of research shows that pretty easily. They changed what was considered M1 and that led to the spike. 

Just don't post fake news. Simple as that. 

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That is based on this graph

M1.jpg

That spike isn't because money was printed. 

That spike is because they added types of money/savings that count as M1. 

https://fredblog.stlouisfed.org/2021/05/savings-are-now-more-liquid-and-part-of-m1-money/

fredgraph.png?g=E0iV&width=385&height=47

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Who’s backtracking?

The bottom line is we haven’t seen inflation like this since 1982.

You’re not very good at this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

Who’s backtracking?

And, yet, some of us are still doing better.  

• Upvote 1

"we are doing better at spending more money on gas and food, and doing better at ignoring

the men, women and children dying in the Ukraine because we helped elect a dangerously warped and cowardly asswhole as president haha"

7 hours ago, Browns149 said:

And, yet, some of us are still doing better.  

One more time things were horrible 1 year ago and even worse two years ago. Of course there is going to be an improvement over those 24 months or so. In some areas. Better question how were we doing two years and 4 months ago!

Beyond the I think it really takes a leap of faith to describe paying more of what you have for the things that you need as an upward trend. Or having your Investments diluted buy out of control inflation. Sounds hauntingly like ignorance is strength or any of the other 1984 quotes. But nobody on the board is completely free from the scourge of contrarianism.

😏

WSS

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Who’s backtracking?

You are. The beginning of your meme was false. I've made my point and posted data to back it up. Steve even attempted to defend you and failed.