THE BROWNS BOARD

electric cars are a stupid ass idea

calfoxwc

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The average American isn't going to be needing to use a mobile charging station. They'll charge at home in their garage at night (or at work if they're lucky). The average daily commute isn't going to use more than the range of the battery. 

Yes Cysko, you drive around more for work, got it. I'm talking about the average American and their typical day. And yes, planned longer commutes may need a charging stop (or multiple) along the way (At least for now)

Thinking about how often you go to the gas station and then assuming all of those stops will be long charging sessions is false, as that is not is how it would work out for most people on most days. 

and the battery is designed to last the life of the car, and it is under warranty, so very few consumers are ever going to need to front the cost of a battery replacement 

image.png.53da6473fcebe13c5a7cce24f464f985.png

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Even EV dealerships know there product is stupid.

But it’s making them money so they don’t give a shit.

I don't think they believe the products are stupid but but they do know they will have to find a way to make them practical. But I do believe that when government gives you the profit instead of private sector real world research gets put on the back burner.

WSS

So what does Joe average, that old ev consumer, do when their lifetime battery starts degrading badly in 1-3 years? Just drop another 80k for a new model like an iPhone I imagine. There's a reason devices all went to non user servicible batteries. So that they can bend you over and fuck your butt for maximum profit. 

By the way lithium is in just as short supply as oil. In fact it seems to be worse. Unless they can devise new battery technology that replaces lithium with something abundant this shit will be dead in the water in 25 years. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think they believe the products are stupid but but they do know they will have to find a way to make them practical. But I do believe that when government gives you the profit instead of private sector real world research gets put on the back burner.

WSS

They don’t think the product is stupid they KNOW its stupid.  Current technology isn’t the solution.  And trying to get rid of fossil fuels before you have a practical replacement is merely another money grab.  Similar to the global warming crap.  It’s about the $$$,  you may have a few tree huggers who care but believe me me its about the almighty dollar.

It'll also be somewhat fun to see (when they're the standard if I'm still around) a new kind of road fatality where the entire bottom of your very expensive car suddenly bursts into flame and explodes killing the occupants and sending the still rolling flaming carcass careening into whatever is nearby. It'll be like a party game as long as, you know, it's not you. 

7 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

It'll also be somewhat fun to see (when they're the standard if I'm still around) a new kind of road fatality where the entire bottom of your very expensive car suddenly bursts into flame and explodes killing the occupants and sending the still rolling flaming carcass careening into whatever is nearby. It'll be like a party game as long as, you know, it's not you. 

Right, because gas powered vehicles never catch on fire. 😀

So EVs are stupid because there lines for charging stations and EV are stupid because they can burst into flames. Where there are no line at gas pumps and gas is less flammable than batteries. Those are some great points you guy came up with. 

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The average American isn't going to be needing to use a mobile charging station. They'll charge at home in their garage at night (or at work if they're lucky). The average daily commute isn't going to use more than the range of the battery. 

Yes Cysko, you drive around more for work, got it. I'm talking about the average American and their typical day. And yes, planned longer commutes may need a charging stop (or multiple) along the way (At least for now)

Thinking about how often you go to the gas station and then assuming all of those stops will be long charging sessions is false, as that is not is how it would work out for most people on most days.

and the battery is designed to last the life of the car, and it is under warranty, so very few consumers are ever going to need to front the cost of a battery replacement 

let's see - an all night recharge at home. Is the 110 or what? lol and that should just about make people's electric bill go up about 300 or 400 dollars.

yeah, "if you like your dr you can keep your dr  "(you're a moron for believing us on the left)

http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2016/ph240/mok2/

the truth is:

" However, Li-ion batteries also have some drawbacks as well. Comparatively, Li-ion batteries have been a very expensive battery technology. There are also major safety concerns regarding the overcharging and overheating of these batteries. Li-ion can experience a thermal runaway, which can trigger vehicle fires or explosions. There had been serval instances where the Tesla Model S, which utilized Li-ion batteries, had infamously caught on fire due to issues with fluctuating charging or damage to the battery. [3] However, great efforts have been made to help improve the safety of vehicles that use Li-ion batteries. "

46 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

YEP see above

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Not true about the batteries. My wife’s son had to replace the batteries 2 TIMES in his Prius. The first time they were covered under warranty. The second time  they were not. 
He got rid of it for an all gas car

49 minutes ago, hammertime said:

They don’t think the product is stupid they KNOW its stupid.  Current technology isn’t the solution.  And trying to get rid of fossil fuels before you have a practical replacement is merely another money grab.  Similar to the global warming crap.  It’s about the $$$,  you may have a few tree huggers who care but believe me me its about the almighty dollar.

and the almighty emotionally manipulative votes the left can accrue.

"save the whales"

"man made global warming"

"save the planet"

"drive electric cars you're a moron"

"elect biden he has lots of experience - he'll know what to do"

"Show us the money"

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Not true about the batteries. My wife’s son had to replace the batteries 2 TIMES in his Prius. The first time they were covered under warranty. The second time  they were not. 
He got rid of it for an all gas car

yep.

"pay me 50 bucks and I'll do a rain dance and make it rain - save the planet"

yep.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Two  different  concepts.  MMGW is mostly  a hoax but there's room in the world for all sorts of different stuff. Everything the Democrats like doesn't have to be a pariah even though a great deal of it is just stupid.

WSS

image.thumb.png.45ab47a9af28752e8c654b7a70d09a5d.pngimage.thumb.png.5d7ce24ad0b5509d837fd8b679f47c76.pngimage.thumb.png.4a39e862e4ed1daa36136dc258f5f2de.png  16 at3 1o12:24 rPeM3  ·

This Tesla was in a single vehicle accident Thursday 3/10. Moderate to significant front end damage with the car “blowing up into flames” I believe is what the caller said. Crews arrived quickly - treated and transported injured and reported about 4000 gallons of water to extinguish.
These pictures are from yesterday 3/15 in the tow yard where the car was brought to.
Since last Thursday evening (5 days ago), this vehicle’s battery (circled area) has burned 3 times, per the tow yard - requiring FD response and thousands of gallons to extinguish and cool. Each time crews waited on scene after extinguishment to be sure battery was cooled down. At some point, the yard flipped the car over - for better access to the battery for FD.
A normal passenger car fire can usually be extinguished with what we have on one Fire Engine (less than 750 gallons). We’ve put many cars out with probably less than 500 gallons. There are apparently lines circulating fluid around the battery and drive unit to keep them at normal operating temperature.
Interesting to say the least.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, all of those money hungry climatologists.....

... Christ. 

Let's hope we can dig out of this hole before younger generations are even more screwed. 

Scientific issues getting politicized sucks

The way the Democrats are spending tax payers money the next 50 younger generations will still be paying for it and that doesn't account for all the bad policies of the Biden *administration.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, MLD Woody said:

Yes, all of those money hungry climatologists........Let's hope we can dig out of this hole before younger generations are even more screwed. Scientific issues getting politicized sucks

bs - just READ THIS, grow up  and try to shut your beak:

https://republicandaily.com/2022/03/the-democrats-are-trying-to-hide-a-very-dirty-secret-about-electric-cars/

The Democrats Are Trying to Hide a Very Dirty Secret About Electric Cars

On 3/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, MLD Woody said:

Yes, all of those money hungry climatologists.....

... Christ. 

Let's hope we can dig out of this hole before younger generations are even more screwed. 

Scientific issues getting politicized sucks

Look I read a pretty well written study by someone that seemed like they were real research doctors. It was a study of the difference between regular carbohydrates and carbohydrates found in beer. Apparently the carbohydrates in beer are a lot less likely, for whatever crazy reason, to make you fat then ones you would find in potatoes or spaghetti. Pretty boring stuff it only a woodpecker would read but at the end I did notice who commissioned the study. Anheuser-Busch. Now would anybody guess that these researchers might have had an idea which side of the bread the butter was on? 

No doubt research scientist can spin data toward whoever is holding the checkbook.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Look I read a pretty well written study by someone that seemed like they were real research doctors. It was a study of the difference between regular carbohydrates and carbohydrates found in beer. Apparently the carbohydrates in beer are a lot less likely, for whatever crazy reason, to make you fat then ones you would find in potatoes or spaghetti. Pretty boring stuff it only a woodpecker would read but at the end I did notice who commissioned the study. Anheuser-Busch. Now would anybody guess that these researchers might have had an idea which side of the bread the butter was on? 

No doubt research scientist can spin data toward whoever is holding the checkbook.

WSS

and you just successfully called out all of the "research papers" posted by Cal and the like on this board for the last decade, congrats. The "studies" coming from conservative think tanks that take donations from oil companies are what you're referring to in your post above.... not the findings from a consensus of qualified experts across the globe.

We've done the "anti-expert" thing on here so many damn times on so many science-related topics and its more worrying each time

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

and you just successfully called out all of the "research papers" posted by Cal and the like on this board for the last decade, congrats. The "studies" coming from conservative think tanks that take donations from oil companies are what you're referring to in your post above.... not the findings from a consensus of qualified experts across the globe.

We've done the "anti-expert" thing on here so many damn times on so many science-related topics and its more worrying each time

0s.gif.37eafc166e7dd4600938b3f2af88fc48.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

image.thumb.png.a68162cbd729b4a637329ab2f5e94a6f.png

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

and you just successfully called out all of the "research papers" posted by Cal and the like on this board for the last decade, congrats. The "studies" coming from conservative think tanks that take donations from oil companies are what you're referring to in your post above.... not the findings from a consensus of qualified experts across the globe.e've done the "anti-expert" thing on here so many damn times on so many science-related topics and its more worrying each time

as per your bird brain modus operani.....

your feeble ego-based retorts are stupid. Scientists who spoke out about the truth about mmgw were

blackballed, unfunded, and ostracized ....

they weren't paid to endure that. You seem to never be able to show why you say stupid bird crap.

I can.

Al Gore: Climate Change Deniers Should Pay 'a Price ...

While the "price" that Gore suggested politicians should pay would come at election time, such declarations often make political waves. In 2014, when Robert Kennedy Jr. facetiously suggested that climate change deniers should be jailed, a conservative uproar ensued.
The UN also say that MMGW is "settled science". This too is a lie. But it gets worse. The globalist MSM started brainwashing us that 98% of all scientists say that global warming is man made and that it is settled science. Anyone who uses the term "settled science" doesn't know what science is. Not so long ago neutrons, protons and ...

How The BBC Are Using MMGW lies to ... - Bruce On Politics

Distorting markets to favour large global supercorporations. So consumers and small businesses pay far higher prices. Ed Milliband's 2008 Climate Change Act was one of the most pernicious pieces of anti consumer legislation in recent history. At the BBC the MMGW lies rapidly became 100% corporate mantra.

MMGW Dubunked Again! - Skeptic Friends Network

What are you talking about? The article wasn't published on August 29, 2007. Some guy named Michael Asher posted a note about Schulte's work on anti-MMGW Senator (and sadly, fellow Oklahoman) James Inhofe's Senate blog at the time, however. Moreover, if you look at her critique, it's easy to see how it wouldn't take long to find flaws in Schulte's work.

Al Gore: Climate Change Deniers Should Pay 'a Price ...

While the "price" that Gore suggested politicians should pay would come at election time, such declarations often make political waves. In 2014, when Robert Kennedy Jr. facetiously suggested that climate change deniers should be jailed, a conservative uproar ensued.

Stop It !! Stop It !! Stop It !! Stop It

STOP!! - just forget about all the so-Goreish Global Warming Stuff - it's so yesterday to worry about Kansans drowning in sea water.Besides, The Facts can just be so inconvenient anyway. That's right, you got to clear your mind (especially of facts) so you will be ready for The Next Big Crisis: Global Rotation Change (GRC) Yes, GRC is a really, Really, Big Deal (BFD).

Why global warming is a global scam - AVForums

Dec 8, 2009. #1. Global warming environmentalists are insistent that the world, particularly the western world reduce long term their C02 emissions from their current levels by between 60-90%. Now firstly what climate gate has proven through the the thousand plus emails which have been leaked from the East Anglian Institute which is itself a ...

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Somebody has to pay for research. If the researchers don't give the employers what they want the employers will find researchers that will.

WSS

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Right, all these fat cat.... climatologists...

They need to earn a living like everybody else. I think you're kidding yourself because politicians stand to earn a lot more money than the actual researchers. But politicians pay the bills.

How much do you suppose the EU breaks in from the Paris Accord? How much do you think China's profitability is increased?

WSS 

ps check your inbox

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

They need to earn a living like everybody else. I think you're kidding yourself because politicians stand to earn a lot more money than the actual researchers. But politicians pay the bills.

How much do you suppose the EU breaks in from the Paris Accord? How much do you think China's profitability is increased?

WSS 

ps check your inbox

This pivot to "they're just in it for the money", when referring to the climatologists doing research at universities, etc, where they've dedicated their lifes, is hilarious. It's just the next attempt to deflect from a group that fell for the politicization of a scientific issue. Thinking these scientists got into this line of work "for the money" is hilarious. I don't care about politicians' thoughts on this issue. Unfortunately they're necessary to get anything done, but they'll just try to maintain the status quo, because that's all they ever do. 

Again and again it seems like no real progress will get made on this issue until older generation is no longer in the political equation. Which is a shame. And backed up by polling. It's a lost cause for so many in the older generation and nothing is changing their minds. I just hope they don't leave the place too fucked up. At least not worse than it is now.