THE BROWNS BOARD

Putin by the numbers

https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-approval-rating-poll-latest-levada-russia-1687543

Regardless of any gotcha from anybody about whether or not polls tell the whole story. It is what it is.

Just a guess, nothing more, but I think maybe the average Russian might be sick of hearing the unpleasant rhetoric of the West directed at them over the last four or five decades.

WSS

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-putin-approval-rating-poll-latest-levada-russia-1687543

Regardless of any gotcha from anybody about whether or not polls tell the whole story. It is what it is.

Just a guess, nothing more, but I think maybe the average Russian might be sick of hearing the unpleasant rhetoric of the West directed at them over the last four or five decades.

WSS

There has been plenty of Pro-Russia media from the right wing news sources. 

Leaked Kremlin Memo to Russian Media: It Is “Essential” to Feature Tucker Carlson – Mother Jones

On March 3, as Russian military forces bombed Ukrainian cities as part of Vladimir Putin’s illegal invasion of his neighbor, the Kremlin sent out talking points to state-friendly media outlets with a request: Use more Tucker Carlson.

“It is essential to use as much as possible fragments of broadcasts of the popular Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who sharply criticizes the actions of the United States [and] NATO, their negative role in unleashing the conflict in Ukraine, [and] the defiantly provocative behavior from the leadership of the Western countries and NATO towards the Russian Federation and towards President Putin, personally,” advises the 12-page document written in Russian. It sums up Carlson’s position: “Russia is only protecting its interests and security.” The memo includes a quote from Carlson: “And how would the US behave if such a situation developed in neighboring Mexico or Canada?”

Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg.054a517caec7bf3dd30119d17354f868.jpg

27 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Leaked Kremlin Memo to Russian Media: It Is “Essential” to Feature Tucker Carlson – Mother Jones

On March 3, as Russian military forces bombed Ukrainian cities as part of Vladimir Putin’s illegal invasion of his neighbor, the Kremlin sent out talking points to state-friendly media outlets with a request: Use more Tucker Carlson.

“It is essential to use as much as possible fragments of broadcasts of the popular Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who sharply criticizes the actions of the United States [and] NATO, their negative role in unleashing the conflict in Ukraine, [and] the defiantly provocative behavior from the leadership of the Western countries and NATO towards the Russian Federation and towards President Putin, personally,” advises the 12-page document written in Russian. It sums up Carlson’s position: “Russia is only protecting its interests and security.” The memo includes a quote from Carlson: “And how would the US behave if such a situation developed in neighboring Mexico or Canada?”

The phrase so what comes to mind. I have asked similar questions to the board. With the United States be okay with Ontario or Mexico as a member of the Soviet Union?

Just for the record Democrats have done more harm to American society than have the Russians.

WSS

You don't have to tell me. I'm sure you and the other Trumpers would rather have Putin in charge than ByDon. You guys are well trained, nothing worse than dems. As for your question. If Canada or Mexico felt that they needed protection from our country than we are the problem. Not Canada/Mexico. 

20 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

You don't have to tell me. I'm sure you and the other Trumpers would rather have Putin in charge than ByDon. You guys are well trained, nothing worse than dems. As for your question. If Canada or Mexico felt that they needed protection from our country than we are the problem. Not Canada/Mexico. 

I think you've missed the entire point of what I had to say. I don't suppose that matters. At least not to you. Putin love-him-or-hate-him can't reasonably stand for a NATO power on Russia's border. The same as the United States would not accept a Soviet Bloc country on our border. Maybe that makes sense to you maybe it doesn't.

Cuban  missile crisis ring  a bell?

WSS

14 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Since when has Tucker been considered news?

His show is an opinion piece, just like Rachel Madcow (except nobody watches that bitch).

19 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think you've missed the entire point of what I had to say. I don't suppose that matters. At least not to you. Putin love-him-or-hate-him can't reasonably stand for a NATO power on Russia's border. The same as the United States would not accept a Soviet Bloc country on our border. Maybe that makes sense to you maybe it doesn't.

Cuban  missile crisis ring  a bell?

WSS

Why can't Putin stand for NATO power on Russia's border? Because NATO has a history of invading other nations? You are trying this both sides are the same bullshit. They are not the same. One side has a history of taking land by force, the other does not. But it is expected from the current authoritarian thinking that the right sure does love here lately. 

btw the US did end up accepting a "Soviet bloc" nation on our borders. Just not the missiles. 

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Since when has Tucker been considered news?

His show is an opinion piece, just like Rachel Madcow (except nobody watches that bitch).

I agree, it just propaganda that 4.3 million conservatives watch every day and take it as the truth.

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Why can't Putin stand for NATO power on Russia's border? Because NATO has a history of invading other nations? You a trying this both sides are the same bullshit. They are not the same. One side has a history of taking land by force, the other does not. But it is expected from the current authoritarian thinking that the right sure does love here lately. 

btw the US did end up accepting a "Soviet bloc" nation on our borders. Just not the missiles. 

Only after a field invasion, not unlike Putin's invasion of Ukraine. If the Putin invasion is defeated I'm sure he will ratchet down his demands. Just like we did.

WSS 

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

I agree, it just propaganda that 4.3 million conservatives watch every day and take it as the truth.

And most Democrat voters are turning over in their graves seeing how bad Biden is destroying the country, their vote went for crap and they didn't even have a choice!

7 minutes ago, Vambo said:

And most Democrat voters are turning over in their graves seeing how bad Biden is destroying the country, their vote went for crap and they didn't even have a choice!

and, we watch Tucker Carlson a LOT - and his comments are taken out of context in a huge way. The manner of which he was speaking was mocking lefites' words and actions. Just false narratives again. Will it never end?

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

What has he said that's demonstrably not true?

WSS

I'm assuming you will look up the spin on some left-wing propaganda site...

Seems to be a Fox News policy to not fact check anything they put out. Which makes sense, because they aren't trying to inform their audience. Just selling them outrage. We'll see if Dominion teaches them a lesson.

Tucker Carlson Successfully Argues Nobody Really Believes Tucker Carlson Is Reporting Facts - FindLaw

According to Judge Vyskocil, “Fox persuasively argues . . . that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer arrives with an appropriate amount of skepticism about the statements he makes." She doesn't stop there, writing that “[w]hether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as exaggeration, non-literal commentary, or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same—the statements are not actionable."

Judge Vyskocil also pointed out that Carlson said “sounds like" prior to saying the word extortion, which “would put any reasonable viewer on notice that Carlson himself doubts the veracity of the source of these statements and that the listener should as well." President Trump appointed Judge Vyskocil to the bench in 2019.

Fox News Responds to Smartmatic Lawsuit, Says Hosts Didn't Need to Fact-Check (businessinsider.com)

Attorneys representing Fox News once again asked a New York court to dismiss a defamation lawsuit from Smartmatic over conspiracy theories about the 2020 election, saying its hosts didn't have a responsibility to fact-check the attorneys hired by President Donald Trump.

Fox news does not have to factcheck lawyer's legal opinions.

The important thing here, is to differentiate between what is said as opinion....

and what is declared as an absolute fact.

If a show host says "obaMao is a mass murderer?" and it is reported

that a person said "obaMao is a mass murderer"...

the first is conjecture. the second is a declaration of alleged fact, or a person's opinion.

Lawyers have opinions.

Anymore, the left demands other's opinions to be "canceled" - by social media censorship, or

by social or legal harassment or intimidation... it's all gotten way out of hand.

how stupid. the first date has nothing to do with the invasion and war crimes.

you don't watch Carlson - he's sarcastic to a fault.

and blood on your hands for voting against Pres Trump and America.

divert away.

You all emotionally knee jerked over your social media inspired

feelings and screwed over the world, and us.

the war crimes vs the Ukraine is just the beginning.

Sure babycow. Their own lawyers state you can't take what they say as true or seriously. They even say you can't take what they broadcast as true. "They don't vet the information". But you keep being yourself. You keep watching your propaganda and I'll keep making fun of you. Just like the rest of the world, I'm glad your lord and savior isn't president during this war. Well other than Putin, I mean. 

Some more praise for Fox News, from Russia. Makes sense since it if you didn't know who was quoted, you would think it was one the cult members on here.

Russian foreign minister praises Fox News for Ukraine coverage (yahoo.com)

After three weeks of bitter and barbaric fighting in Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov praised the coverage of the war from one American media outlet: Fox News.

Speaking to the state-owned RT network, Lavrov said Fox News has been “trying to represent some alternative points of view” in its coverage of the war.

“We understood long ago that there is no such thing as an independent Western media,” he said in the Friday interview, which was conducted in English.

He went on to denounce the social media ban of former President Donald Trump and appeared to criticize the labeling of Jan. 6 insurrectionists as terrorists

19 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Some more praise for Fox News, from Russia. Makes sense since it if you didn't know who was quoted, you would think it was one the cult members on here.

Russian foreign minister praises Fox News for Ukraine coverage (yahoo.com)

After three weeks of bitter and barbaric fighting in Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov praised the coverage of the war from one American media outlet: Fox News.

Speaking to the state-owned RT network, Lavrov said Fox News has been “trying to represent some alternative points of view” in its coverage of the war.

“We understood long ago that there is no such thing as an independent Western media,” he said in the Friday interview, which was conducted in English.

He went on to denounce the social media ban of former President Donald Trump and appeared to criticize the labeling of Jan. 6 insurrectionists as terrorists

I've been watching Fox pretty often and everything I see is pro Ukraine.  Not sure what he is talking about.