THE BROWNS BOARD

Tom Brady Returns To Tampa

Axe

What is left to say about TB12 ?  

A George Blanda only with better results   -and-   in a different era.

If he want's to play then let him play. You only get one chance at it. I for one am grateful he came back. I have followed him through the years and want to enjoy him before he finally retires for good. I lost interest in basketball after Jordan retired. Same goes for golf and Tiger. I don't care what anyone says about these people, there's always some hater out there.

33 minutes ago, Neo said:

If he want's to play then let him play. You only get one chance at it. I for one am grateful he came back. I have followed him through the years and want to enjoy him before he finally retires for good. I lost interest in basketball after Jordan retired. Same goes for golf and Tiger. I don't care what anyone says about these people, there's always some hater out there.

If Brady wants to put a bunch of records permanently out of reach, good for him. Though if the NFL eventually goes to an 18 game season- maybe not.  

RE: golf... Tiger did have a nice run, but then that fooling around caused a lot of folks to downgrade him in the morality department. & LOL. I actually got to see a hole in one in real time yesterday at #17 at the Players.  :)  

RE: Jordan, he's the GOAT only if Championships are your yardstick. & IIRC Bill Russell has more in that department. Love him or hate him, LeBron has Jordan beat in darn near all other statistical categories. In fact, perusing Basketballreference.com today... James is going to surpass Carl Malone to take over the #2 all time spot in scoring- soon. He's only 100 points short, with 15 games left to play.  It would be ironic if he does it against the Cavs when the Lakers play them later this month.  Kareem's 38,000 points was thought to be an unattainable Mount Everest, but (to use climbing imagery)  Bron is already past the South Col, and well on his way to the top. Barring serious injury and the desire to go for it, he's only 1,500 or so behind.  That's around one more decent season and small change to get there.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tiger did have a nice run, but then that fooling around caused a lot of folks to downgrade him in the morality department

I try to be a objective as possible when it comes to athletes and just enjoy them. I understand that everyone has demons and it just gets amplified when they are in the spotlight. I never did like golf until Tiger came on the scene. Watching him win the Masters a couple years ago wearing that Sunday red shirt got me a little emotional.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Jordan, he's the GOAT only if Championships are your yardstick. & IIRC Bill Russell has more in that department. Love him or hate him, LeBron has Jordan beat in darn near all other statistical categories.

I think the "who's the greatest" argument is kind of silly to be honest. There are a number of given athletes in any sport that can be argued on who is the best. I don't see why we can just enjoy them for who they are. I find it funny that some people don't like Lebron just for his political views and don't care that he is the first to bring a championship to northeast Ohio in years. He is not a troublemaker and has been at the top of his game for years. 

• Haha 1