THE BROWNS BOARD

Filling a gas-powered vehicle can still be cheaper than charging an electric one

Vambo

Unless I'm reading that wrong, the article is saying that a completely different car (a hybrid too) is $600 cheaper per year using gas compared to an all electric mustang completely charged at destination, higher cost charging without ever buying the membership for that charging....

... Seems like a hell of a specific argument to justify the title

6 hours ago, Vambo said:

image.jpeg.b3fac98e1256118b784e8557da0a30cf.jpeg

can't stop it either. 4,000 miles on a 2 week vacation out west, and we saw a recharger station..... in Custer, S. Dakota.

yeah, we will NEVER buy one. When a leftwing gov needs even MORE money, as they always do, they will charge you a lot more for the same service. Or charge more in red states.

kiinda like being dependent on russian oil.

they gotcha over a barrel. No pun intended.

On 3/10/2022 at 12:23 AM, MLD Woody said:

Better not take any steps then

I drive a minimum of 120 miles per day every work day and that's if I only go to a single place. I'll be willing to talk when they can figure out how to put two batteries in and an alternator to charge the one that's not currently in use. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I drive a minimum of 120 miles per day every work day and that's if I only go to a single place. I'll be willing to talk when they can figure out how to put two batteries in and an alternator to charge the one that's not currently in use. 

You're right, it currently won't work for you so we better not bother with it

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

What will you use to charge all the millions of electric cars without fossils fuels?

How will you mine all the material needed for solar and windmill construction?

How and whee do you dispose of the millions of batteries after they go bad?

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Do you even live in America? We have vast rural tracts it's not one big city. Our public transportation is hot garbage. They'd need to put up millions of charging stations before a 10th of people could realistically depend on electric vehicles. No one's in here saying they should not work on the technology and infrastructure for the future but please, for the love of god, spare me the"it's time to give up on fossil fuels" nonsense. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Do you even live in America? We have vast rural tracts it's not one big city. Our public transportation is hot garbage. They'd need to put up millions of charging stations before a 10th of people could realistically depend on electric vehicles. No one's in here saying they should not work on the technology and infrastructure for the future but please, for the love of god, spare me the"it's time to give up on fossil fuels" nonsense. 

I never said it's time to completely give them up

But your first post made it seem you think we shouldn't even be trying to right now

Because we should absolutely be trying

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes he destroyed that strawman 

Driving a few hours and then stopping for one or two hours it's not a straw man. Asking electronic music there's something called midi musical instrument digital interface. At the outset every company that made synthesizers had their own set of sounds. It was a klusterfuk. Eventually they made the 128 sounds Universal. So a number one a number 14 and a number 30 on everyone's set of sounds would be the same instrument not necessarily the same patch. For instance the grand piano the upright piano the electric piano would all be on the same similar number no matter what brand synthesize are you on. The grand might be a Yamaha or a Steinway or a Kimble but that number is always a grand piano. Hi think a possibility would have a standardized battery you're getting well you pull in they take your battery replace it with another one you're on your way. Like swapping out propane tanks at the hardware store.

But even that would need to be at almost as many places as there are gas stations today. Imagine if every automobile could only run on one brand of gasoline.

WSS

29 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Driving a few hours and then stopping for one or two hours it's not a straw man. Asking electronic music there's something called midi musical instrument digital interface. At the outset every company that made synthesizers had their own set of sounds. It was a klusterfuk. Eventually they made the 128 sounds Universal. So a number one a number 14 and a number 30 on everyone's set of sounds would be the same instrument not necessarily the same patch. For instance the grand piano the upright piano the electric piano would all be on the same similar number no matter what brand synthesize are you on. The grand might be a Yamaha or a Steinway or a Kimble but that number is always a grand piano. Hi think a possibility would have a standardized battery you're getting well you pull in they take your battery replace it with another one you're on your way. Like swapping out propane tanks at the hardware store.

But even that would need to be at almost as many places as there are gas stations today. Imagine if every automobile could only run on one brand of gasoline.

WSS

I believe you've confused what the strawman is in this case 

What, pray tell, was the strawman here? If you reread my first post which you seemed to take issue with you will see that I didn't say "fuck electric cars". In theory I like electric cars. In practice though we are not set up for immediate adoption, or even quick adoption. Also until they can get those mileage numbers up there's going to be a whole lot of people that won't work for. 

33 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I believe you've confused what the strawman is in this case 

🤣

This illustrates what I've tried to tell you all along..

You don't know, what you don't know.

Let me help you out.. Biden is the Strawman.. Tho Kerry is a very close second..

image.png.fd2cf483345d38a5e8038d57467550a3.png

Yer welcome..

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

This..

They are supposedly working on a concept of charging lanes as you drive on our interstates but given the present condition of our state and interstate infrastructures who sees this happening in our lifetimes?

23 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

What, pray tell, was the strawman here? If you reread my first post which you seemed to take issue with you will see that I didn't say "fuck electric cars". In theory I like electric cars. In practice though we are not set up for immediate adoption, or even quick adoption. Also until they can get those mileage numbers up there's going to be a whole lot of people that won't work for. 

The strawman is someone here saying "it's time to give up on fossil fuels"

Yes, going cold turkey is a bad idea. You win that argument, but no one is making that point. 

Maybe I took your first post too strongly, but it sounded pretty anti EV. Ultimately, it is the direction we should go and need to go. I believe we shouldn't leave that transition up to the "free" market either. We may just disagree in how strongly we should push towards that future. 

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

This..

They are supposedly working on a concept of charging lanes as you drive on our interstates but given the present condition of our state and interstate infrastructures who sees this happening in our lifetimes?

Yep. Too bad we have to spend as much on defense spending as the next 9 countries combined. And too bad we can't tax the extremely wealthy any more or our entire economy would collapse. Otherwise we could maybe progress with some of these ideas 

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep. Too bad we have to spend as much on defense spending as the next 9 countries combined. And too bad we can't tax the extremely wealthy any more or our entire economy would collapse. Otherwise we could maybe progress with some of these ideas 

I'm pretty sure I will pay more in taxes this 2021 yr than you will make.. :(

But tell me again about your perceived injustices..

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That would be a lot of taxes, but if so, congrats. 

Congrats?? Are you fucking kidding??

Do you hear yourself??

You have no clue do you..

Once again grasshopper.. You don't know what you don't know..

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

Congrats?? Are you fucking kidding??

Do you hear yourself??

You have no clue do you..

Once again grasshopper.. You don't know what you don't know..

Thanks internet tough guy. From telling everyone how muscular you are. To telling everyone how much money you make.

Congrats. I'm sure you do well for yourself.

As for me, to use your words, you don't know what you don't know....

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Thanks internet tough guy. From telling everyone how muscular you are. To telling everyone how much money you make.

Congrats. I'm sure you do well for yourself.

As for me, to use your words, you don't know what you don't know....

🤣