THE BROWNS BOARD

CC Ohio

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I am not sure, either. I believe it's a result of constant demoquack interference with 2nd Amendment rights.

"may issue".....some city with a sheriff that doesn't like CCW. Threats of raising the training and license fees to high levels to fight the 2nd Amendment.

I'm fine with the background check, and license. But it is only for three years. Not sure why the 3 years.

It's like "universal background checks"... it's a trojan horse.

Can lend a gun to a trusted friend to hunt with, can't leave a gun to your own son/daughter without another backround check,

then it will be "universal background checks" every year. Every six months.

and of course, tracking the location of every single gun .... which is their end game to get around

gun registration.

Once they know where every singal gun owner is, they can publish all names and addresses like they doxxed in NY.

Someone with a history of domestic violence doesn't need a license and a background check?

I don't think so, maybe I am not understanding the bill..... intially I thought it was about open carry, which I would never do, but we have that already, so...

Texas already passed a carry if you want to openly or concealed. No license. No training required either which in my mind is totally foolish. Too many dumb jackasses think you can just point in the general direction with a handgun like in the movies and hit what you want. It just ain't that damn easy and I don't want yahoos playing with guns they don't know how to use properly. We'll have Alec Baldwins all over creation.

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I already posted about this.  It's been passed by the house and senate, and Dewine is expected to sign it into law.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I am not sure, either. I believe it's a result of constant demoquack interference with 2nd Amendment rights.

"may issue".....some city with a sheriff that doesn't like CCW. Threats of raising the training and license fees to high levels to fight the 2nd Amendment.

I'm fine with the background check, and license. But it is only for three years. Not sure why the 3 years.

It's like "universal background checks"... it's a trojan horse.

Can lend a gun to a trusted friend to hunt with, can't leave a gun to your own son/daughter without another backround check,

then it will be "universal background checks" every year. Every six months.

and of course, tracking the location of every single gun .... which is their end game to get around

gun registration.

Once they know where every singal gun owner is, they can publish all names and addresses like they doxxed in NY.

Someone with a history of domestic violence doesn't need a license and a background check?

I don't think so, maybe I am not understanding the bill..... intially I thought it was about open carry, which I would never do, but we have that already, so...

Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

true, but if not convicted, I meant - I should have said "really bad temper but never actually crossed the line..." I suppose.

Universal background checks are dangerous. they have to know exactly where the gun owners are, their addresses, etc, and who owns each gun, serial numbers, what type of gun, etc.

Or, they would never have any idea that it was sold at a garage sale, to a friend, or transferred over to children in a will, etc.

The left demands to know that information. They would love to use it against Americans.

Not to be confused with selling it to someone who is not allowed to own one. That is why if I sold one, which I wouldn't,

I would go through a gun dealer via background check.  That is how auctions work, too. Have to have a background check.

9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

true, but if not convicted, I meant - I should have said "really bad temper but never actually crossed the line..." I suppose.

Universal background checks are dangerous. they have to know exactly where the gun owners are, their addresses, etc, and who owns each gun, serial numbers, what type of gun, etc.

Or, they would never have any idea that it was sold at a garage sale, to a friend, or transferred over to children in a will, etc.

The left demands to know that information. They would love to use it against Americans.

Not to be confused with selling it to someone who is not allowed to own one. That is why if I sold one, which I wouldn't,

I would go through a gun dealer via background check.  That is how auctions work, too. Have to have a background check.

They are not going to do away with the background check.  But I have to admit, I'd be nervous if I were a cop knowing everyone in the car is probably carrying.

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

They are not going to do away with the background check.  But I have to admit, I'd be nervous if I were a cop knowing everyone in the car is probably carrying.

I know what you are saying, but bad people get guns under the table anyways, so....

now, liberals let violent offenders go free, but want to put the screws to hundreds of millions of good folks who own gun(s) to screw with the 2nd Amendment. anyone who is sincerely concerned about gun deaths in big cities should be offended - the political attack on the 2nd Amendment won't lower the violence in the big cities one bit. It's an excuse to be allowed to establish tyranny - oppressive control. Like goober warning. Like covid. Any excuse is their go to excuse.