THE BROWNS BOARD

When CPAC isn't Right Wing Enough... AFPAC

MLD Woody

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Sick.

The "young white men" comment made me roll my eyes but the eye opener was the support of Putin.

I couldn't make sense of that until I did a brief search. Of course, I should have known.

This article is a very good read. A part of it is that Putin doesn't want Western liberalism influence in his back yard.

Yes, like Putin we on the conservative side detest liberalism and its "woke" bullshit, and everything else that goes with it, but the sad part is that to these lefties sitting atop their perch of moral superiority, we and these extremists are one in the same.

There isn't a conservative I know who supports Russia. There isn't one I know who blathers about "white power". 

US Extremists Have Picked a Side in Ukraine: ‘Lol Putin Is Brilliant’ (vice.com)

I copied and pasted some of the highlights.

Since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine Wednesday night, far-right personalities have declared Russia a beacon of anti-wokeness and Putin a strong ethnonationalist. In their minds, Ukraine is just a corrupt pawn in a vast “globalist” conspiracy.

One day before Russia invaded Ukraine, former Trump advisor Steve Bannon and Blackwater founder Erik Prince celebrated Putin for his anti-LGBTQ policies on a podcast. “Putin ain’t woke, he is anti-woke,” Bannon said. “The Russian people still know which bathrooms to use,” Prince added. 

It may seem confusing that much of the American far-right, who increasingly describe any policies they dislike as “communism,” would be rooting for Russia, given the history of the Soviet Union. But for at least a decade, Russia has been cultivating deep ties and even bankrolling ultranationalist and far-right movements elsewhere. Religious fundamentalists and white supremacists, inspired partially by the writings of a Kremlin-linked ideologue, have hailed Putin as a white Christian crusader on a mission to restore traditional values. 

In the U.S., “wokeness”—a catchall term for progressive or inclusive policies—is increasingly characterized on the right, especially among Christian nationalists, as antithetical to American values. That way of thinking has bled into pro-Putin rhetoric from the far-right this week. Some have mocked the U.S. for its inclusive policies on transgender recruits. 

He has fans in the likes of former KKK leader David Duke and white supremacist Richard Spencer, who led chants of “Russia is our friend” during the violent “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville in 2017 and has called Russia “the sole white power in the world,” according to nonprofit Integrity First for America. 

11 hours ago, Gorka said:

Sick.

The "young white men" comment made me roll my eyes but the eye opener was the support of Putin.

I couldn't make sense of that until I did a brief search. Of course, I should have known.

This article is a very good read. A part of it is that Putin doesn't want Western liberalism influence in his back yard.

Yes, like Putin we on the conservative side detest liberalism and its "woke" bullshit, and everything else that goes with it, but the sad part is that to these lefties sitting atop their perch of moral superiority, we and these extremists are one in the same.

There isn't a conservative I know who supports Russia. There isn't one I know who blathers about "white power". 

US Extremists Have Picked a Side in Ukraine: ‘Lol Putin Is Brilliant’ (vice.com)

I copied and pasted some of the highlights.

Since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine Wednesday night, far-right personalities have declared Russia a beacon of anti-wokeness and Putin a strong ethnonationalist. In their minds, Ukraine is just a corrupt pawn in a vast “globalist” conspiracy.

One day before Russia invaded Ukraine, former Trump advisor Steve Bannon and Blackwater founder Erik Prince celebrated Putin for his anti-LGBTQ policies on a podcast. “Putin ain’t woke, he is anti-woke,” Bannon said. “The Russian people still know which bathrooms to use,” Prince added. 

It may seem confusing that much of the American far-right, who increasingly describe any policies they dislike as “communism,” would be rooting for Russia, given the history of the Soviet Union. But for at least a decade, Russia has been cultivating deep ties and even bankrolling ultranationalist and far-right movements elsewhere. Religious fundamentalists and white supremacists, inspired partially by the writings of a Kremlin-linked ideologue, have hailed Putin as a white Christian crusader on a mission to restore traditional values. 

In the U.S., “wokeness”—a catchall term for progressive or inclusive policies—is increasingly characterized on the right, especially among Christian nationalists, as antithetical to American values. That way of thinking has bled into pro-Putin rhetoric from the far-right this week. Some have mocked the U.S. for its inclusive policies on transgender recruits. 

He has fans in the likes of former KKK leader David Duke and white supremacist Richard Spencer, who led chants of “Russia is our friend” during the violent “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville in 2017 and has called Russia “the sole white power in the world,” according to nonprofit Integrity First for America. 

Thanks for the reply. It seems others would prefer to post spam 

I realize you may not know conservatives like this, but it is a shame they represent a portion of one of our political parties, even if fringe. And I'm guessing MTG, an elected Republican, knew exactly what she was doing. This fringe group got to ride in on the coattails of Trump, whether he advocated for them or not. 

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I realize you may not know conservatives like this, but it is a shame they represent a portion of one of our political parties, even if fringe. And I'm guessing MTG, an elected Republican, knew exactly what she was doing. This fringe group got to ride in on the coattails of Trump, whether he advocated for them or not. 

EQjtifuUYAUxih8.jpg.0d140c01846388d0a63e54cfa6abce34.jpgJauntyMedicalHart-size_restricted.gif.b0c2f529a994ec7c5a7533e7dd467882.gif

• Haha 2

Hard life makes hard men

Hard men make life easy

Easy life makes men soft

We had it easy for too long. So long we started creating new problems that weren’t there. Offended by everything. No matter how stupid, everything had to be accepted. Well, look at us now. We are the woke laughing stock of the World.

19 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Hard life makes hard men

Hard men make life easy

Easy life makes men soft

It has been too easy for too long that we can sit around and find things to be offended by.  America is a woke joke.

Help me out here. Did Steve make a point you think I'm offended by? Or are you saying people shouldn't be offended by the speech I posted from AFPAC?

Honestly, just trying to follow you logic here

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Help me out here. Did Steve make a point you think I'm offended by? Or are you saying people shouldn't be offended by the speech I posted from AFPAC?

Really Woody you post the least significant crap you can get your hands on.

I guess it could be worse at least you aren't constantly squawking about Trump's hair color.

WSS 

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Woody you're all hoortafied that MTG accidentally was at the same place those idiots were at yet you vote for the people who kill babies?  What kind of fool are you?

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Really Woody you post the least significant crap you can get your hands on.

I guess it could be worse at least you aren't constantly squawking about Trump's hair color.

WSS 

You didn't clarify your previous post at all or answer my question

typical woodpecker - one person that he can find fault with, is exactly like every other person who he doesn't.

Thank goodness he doesn't pick a really messed up black demorat terrorist serial killer.

To be consistent - he'd have to diss ALL black folks as just like the demorat.

Pretty flimsy, invalid excuse for bigotry, I must say.

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I was commenting that wokeness is a product of how Americans have had it too easy which has led to us finding things to complain about and every one sits around getting butthurt.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

I was commenting that wokeness is a product of how Americans have had it too easy which has led to us finding things to complain about and every one sits around getting butthurt.

I think it's easy to throw some broad term like "wokeness" over any movement you disagree with because it doesn't affect you. 

I imagine people in similar positions with throwing around the "wokeness" equivalent of the day when they heard people fighting to allow women to vote. 

But even then, what does that have to do with this thread? Are you saying people shouldn't be offended by the white nationalist convention that cheered on Putin as he invades Ukraine?

16 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Hard life makes hard men

Hard men make life easy

Easy life makes men soft

We had it easy for too long. So long we started creating new problems that weren’t there. Offended by everything. No matter how stupid, everything had to be accepted. Well, look at us now. We are the woke laughing stock of the World.

and so many take everything for granted, make ignorant smirking comments about people who do care about what we have.

Too many feel that good times are always, and good things never go away - even feel that good times and good things are deserved without helping keep them continuing.

That's an important thing about history - if you learn it, you can avoid repeating the same lessons. The underground Resistance during WWII - imagine if you were them. Fighting and dying to get your peoples freedom back.

I remember planting too many tomato plants some years ago - after dark. I wanted to get them all planted before it was to rain the overnight. I got done, was walking back to the house, because the rain came early. I got halfway there, in the rain, and slipped in the mud, and fell directly on my elbow. Dislocated my shoulder, and completely tore a rotator cuff. I finally got up and went inside, My Wife came running in fast, knowing I was hurt because I was too quiet, lol, ...

the days and a few months of rehab - a young gal physical therapist had me doing "itsy bitsy spider" up a wall with my fingers on my repaired shoulder arm.

I can tell you, getting all the way back, and being able to button my own jeans and tie my own shoes was special. lol. Being able to throw hay bales again meant so much to me.

I had never thought about being grateful for two great shoulders before.

If we ever hit hard times again, so many will not have a clue of how to work to be taking care of themselves and their families.

Seems that so many don't value what they have always had. spoiled.

• Upvote 1

woodpecker feelings that they think are logical -

taking one person they can diss, and applying it to all people they don't like.

even entire segments of our population.

Have to wonder why he doesn't feel that all engineers are mistake making failures.

s This the Most Stupid Engineering Fail Ever?

Admin November 7, 2013 1. Advertisement. Is This the Most Stupid Engineering Fail Ever? The event occurred in 2004 at a pier at Roundstone, in Galway, Ireland. Back in 2004, one blogger described the incident as below. We have certainly have had our ups and downs in the village this year what with somebody falling off the village wall, thank ...

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think it's easy to throw some broad term like "wokeness" over any movement you disagree with because it doesn't affect you. 

I imagine people in similar positions with throwing around the "wokeness" equivalent of the day when they heard people fighting to allow women to vote. 

But even then, what does that have to do with this thread? Are you saying people shouldn't be offended by the white nationalist convention that cheered on Putin as he invades Ukraine?

Is it any different than jesse jackson attending a BLM rally?  What is white nationalism?  White pride?  Why does everything that starts with white always have to be evil and bad.  I know what nationalism is.  Its when you support your nation...like during the world cup...people in the streets watching the games in cities all over.  That is nationalism.  Im tired of being told to feel guilty about anything white?  I know nothing about this organization...but evidently is is white and bad and I should be mad so I can virtue signal to everyone how awesome and woke I am??  This whole cheering on putin??  You mean recognizing that all the countries around ukraine depend on his oil...he wants the ukraine and its breadbasket to belong to russia.  Isnt it smart of him to play the long game and freeze his opponents by cutting off their oil??  You can respect a military opponent and still want to eliminate them.

4 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Is it any different than jesse jackson attending a BLM rally?  What is white nationalism?  White pride?  Why does everything that starts with white always have to be evil and bad.  I know what nationalism is.  Its when you support your nation...like during the world cup...people in the streets watching the games in cities all over.  That is nationalism.  Im tired of being told to feel guilty about anything white?  I know nothing about this organization...but evidently is is white and bad and I should be mad so I can virtue signal to everyone how awesome and woke I am??  This whole cheering on putin??  You mean recognizing that all the countries around ukraine depend on his oil...he wants the ukraine and its breadbasket to belong to russia.  Isnt it smart of him to play the long game and freeze his opponents by cutting off their oil??  You can respect a military opponent and still want to eliminate them.

Geez man. Based on that reply I'm afraid to see what response will be if I keep digging. 

White guy playing the victim card. Equating this to BLM. Etc. Hitting all the notes.

I really didn't think this was where you were coming from after that first post, but oh boy. 

It's following each poster like little steps along the right wing ladder until you're at JAFBF denying the whole thing....

16 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Geez man. Based on that reply I'm afraid to see what response will be if I keep digging. 

White guy playing the victim card. Equating this to BLM. Etc. Hitting all the notes.

I really didn't think this was where you were coming from after that first post, but oh boy. 

It's following each poster like little steps along the right wing ladder until you're at JAFBF denying the whole thing....

image.thumb.png.a23cbcd227bef2f25788cf5ca5f0b498.png

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Digging for what?  More virtue to signal??  More ways to  tell me what I should think.   You spend all your time looking for ways to proudly nitpick stuff you dont like.  I dont..i take care of me and mine and live and let live.  Dude, your exactly what I was talking about.  What drives you??  Seriously..cuz it looks like you lust for internet superiority. Good for you.