THE BROWNS BOARD

How AmericanConservatives Turned Against the Vaccine

MLD Woody

5 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm sure the conservatives would be happy to know that 40-60% of minorities have been conservative all along since conservatives are the only ones against the vaccines that the CDC is witholding data on.

So do you not trust the CDCs data? 

Where are you getting yours? The "but minorities!" response hasn't been relevant for a while. The racial gap in vaccinations that has existed has either greatly narrowed or completely closed at this point. Data on this has been posted in many threads here.

The single largest group of unvaccinated individuals are conservatives. That's a fact. 

How about brietbart? They're pretty impartial right? No? Oh, ok. How about the New York times then?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/health/covid-cdc-data.amp.html

I could go all Cal and drop 72 links on you but I think you'll get the gist. I respect your intelligence. 

https://www.thedesertreview.com/news/cdc-hides-critical-safety-data/article_79520166-94f9-11ec-be01-5be1ac126d25.html

9 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

How about brietbart? They're pretty impartial right? No? Oh, ok. How about the New York times then?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/health/covid-cdc-data.amp.html

I could go all Cal and drop 72 links on you but I think you'll get the gist. I respect your intelligence. 

https://www.thedesertreview.com/news/cdc-hides-critical-safety-data/article_79520166-94f9-11ec-be01-5be1ac126d25.html

The first example seems like the CDC not making data public that hasn't been analyzed yet. Considering VAERS seems to be consistently misrepresented I can't say I blame them.

I don't have a NYT subscription so I can't read the first one. 

What does this have to do with minorities getting vaccinated?

Just now, MLD Woody said:

The first example seems like the CDC not making data public that hasn't been analyzed yet. Considering VAERS seems to be consistently misrepresented I can't say I blame them.

I don't have a NYT subscription so I can't read the first one. 

What does this have to do with minorities getting vaccinated?

They still aren't doing it in sufficient numbers but the left doesn't get any points for bringing it up so they have to pretend it's all on conservatives. 

In any case I don't care if they do or do not get vaccinated. I've maintained all along that this is not going away and no amount of hand wringing or finger pointing is going to help it along. There's no use in having an apoplectic fit and taking to the internet to accuse your family and neighbors and say dumb shit like "This would all go away of you just wear a MMMMASSSKKKK"

It's never going away. NEVER. It's time to start getting used to it. 

And by the way the NYT article said the same thing as the other one but since the NYT is undeniably and without question slanted left they're simply using soft language to try and downplay the horrible look of refusing to release and outright obscuring the data. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

They still aren't doing it in sufficient numbers but the left doesn't get any points for bringing it up so they have to pretend it's all on conservatives. 

In any case I don't care if they do or do not get vaccinated. I've maintained all along that this is not going away and no amount of hand wringing or finger pointing is going to help it along. There's no use in having an apoplectic fit and taking to the internet to accuse your family and neighbors and say dumb shit like "This would all go away of you just wear a MMMMASSSKKKK"

It's never going away. NEVER. It's time to start getting used to it. 

And by the way the NYT article said the same thing as the other one but since the NYT is undeniably and without question slanted left they're simply using soft language to try and downplay the horrible look of refusing to release and outright obscuring the data. 

Ok... Again, I'm not sure why you brought up minorities. The vaccination gap across different races has either completely closed is has shrunken completely. The largest group of unvaccinated individuals are conservatives. Those are facts. 

As for the other stuff, sure, pointing fingers won't end a pandemic. But the desire for some to shout "freedom!" And American individualism definitely didn't help the situation. Instead we're here, two years later, arguing about masks. There were absolutely individuals pushing misinformation for political gain and that resulted in a worse pandemic. 

I get it. People are over covid. They've been over covid for a while. It's frustrating. It sucks. Etc. But throwing our hands up in the air and reacting like a grumpy old man does nothing. It didn't help during the heart of it and it won't help when the next pandemic hits. 

Our response was pretty bad and almost one million Americans died. I hope we'll learn a lesson but I won't hold my breath.

52 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Ok... Again, I'm not sure why you brought up minorities. The vaccination gap across different races has either completely closed is has shrunken completely. The largest group of unvaccinated individuals are conservatives. Those are facts. 

As for the other stuff, sure, pointing fingers won't end a pandemic. But the desire for some to shout "freedom!" And American individualism definitely didn't help the situation. Instead we're here, two years later, arguing about masks. There were absolutely individuals pushing misinformation for political gain and that resulted in a worse pandemic. 

I get it. People are over covid. They've been over covid for a while. It's frustrating. It sucks. Etc. But throwing our hands up in the air and reacting like a grumpy old man does nothing. It didn't help during the heart of it and it won't help when the next pandemic hits. 

Our response was pretty bad and almost one million Americans died. I hope we'll learn a lesson but I won't hold my breath.

2022-02-24_191736.png.700e1a7e6f6a8c56f98232473c32fe1c.png

• Upvote 1