THE BROWNS BOARD

Inflation getting worse. Still time to try to stock up

calfoxwc

...bought seven cans of the Keystone beef at walmart last week. 62 bucks. Everything is getting more and more expensive. Sadly, some families don't have the funds in tight budgets to account for it. It's just the start - it's tough to think it could actually skyrocket, but it CAN, and historically, it does when a country is doing the same garbage this demorat gov is doing. No checks and balances politically - just serious damage being done.

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2022/02/15/no-end-in-sight-as-another-inflation-measure-spikes-n522490

I'm dehydrating kiwi fruit and pineapple slices. and making pickled eggs. and researching wild plant seeds to grow some things in abundance. Thinking about raising pheasants. We used to hunt those, Dad and I, when I was a kid. They all froze and snowed out of Ohio in the late seventies. Might find a good sale on cabbages, and dehydrate them chopped up. That works great - still good after several months. A lot of different things. Took the pineapple stem and am going to grow a pineapple plant. Just for fun.

19 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

As long as you realize “stocking up” is also driving up inflation, have at it.

toilet paper - same price at Sam's Club. etc etc etc etc.

5 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

As you diminish supply the price inevitably rises on goods and services. It’s the economic principal of supply and demand.  I’m pretty sure you get that. 

It's a shame Biden and crew don't get it!

48 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

As you diminish supply the price inevitably rises on goods and services. It’s the economic principal of supply and demand.  I’m pretty sure you get that. 

true. As I remember it, you basically have demand-pull, and cost-push inflation. Killing our production of energy leftwing ideologically wise, makes us have dramatically rising costs of everything. Covid has drastically limited production in many areas, so that is the latter. And the fed... kept interest rates low, which doesn't help. and this biden regime and democrats are trying to explode our spending by TRILLIONS. total mismanagement.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/now-bidens-given-america-the-worst-inflation-in-40-years/

"

Costs are up for everything: food, energy, vehicles, shelter, transportation, clothing . . . Gasoline and fuel oil were nearly 50 percent more in December, with some stations charging a crazy $6-plus a gallon. Used-car and -truck prices rose 37 percent.

And take-home pay hasn’t kept up: Inflation-adjusted hourly earnings were 2.4 percent less than a year earlier in December.   

The prez and his party can no longer escape blame for the Bidenflation Tax, which hits poorer Americans hardest. Despite warnings (from even their own party mates, like former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers), Dems last year unilaterally pumped $1.9 trillion into an economy that was already rebounding, paid workers bonuses to stay off the job and did little to address predictable supply-chain clogs. The Fed, meanwhile, kept interest rates low and continued to bloat the money supply by buying up bonds, to the tune of $120 billion a month.

Biden’s “solution”: Blame business for passing along cost increases, claiming that a host of antitrust actions can somehow stop the price hikes. Oh, and also insist his Build Back Better scheme would address inflation, too. Hah! That plan to infuse another $5 trillion into the economy would only spur more inflation.

Economists know several ways to stem inflation: cut government spending, raise interest rates, tighten the money supply. But Democrats need to stop doing the same thing over and over again — i.e., spending more money — and expecting different results. That’s the definition of insanity, unless they actually want more inflation.  

"

17 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Now you know how Dementia Joe drove up the price of gas to well over $3.25 a gallon.