THE BROWNS BOARD

GOP Congresswoman and Amazon Fighting to Legalize Marijuana

MLD Woody

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willyakowicz/2022/01/25/republican-congresswoman-nancy-mace-is-on-a-mission-to-legalize-cannabis-and-amazon-just-got-behindher/?sh=735eec205450

Backed by Koch brothers too. 

Pro business, anti big government, etc

Outside of pearl clutching and decades old propaganda you'd think Republicans would have supported this already. 

But hey, if they won't listen to the American people maybe they'll listen to corporations.

54 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/willyakowicz/2022/01/25/republican-congresswoman-nancy-mace-is-on-a-mission-to-legalize-cannabis-and-amazon-just-got-behindher/?sh=735eec205450

Outside of pearl clutching and decades old propaganda you'd think Republicans would have supported this already. 

But hey, if they won't listen to the American people maybe they'll listen to corporations.

Damn you're up early Woody. But no doubt there's money in keeping the masses sedated. Plus it's cheaper to grow than tobacco.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Damn you're up early Woody. But no doubt there's money in keeping the masses sedated. Plus it's cheaper to grow than tobacco.

WSS

Sedated? That's one take... Whatever gets us to common sense legislation I guess.

And I'm traveling for work. Over in Europe.

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sedated? That's one take... Whatever gets us to common sense legislation I guess.

And I'm traveling for work. Over in Europe.

Sure sedated. Probably less dangerous than opiates. Hey I've got nothing against legalized weed for recreational purposes you know that. Cigarettes booze along the same lines. But it doesn't mean it ought to be whitewashed does it? And I stated my opinion enough time so you should know. I just don't like working with people who are high or drunk.

That again I don't like being around girls who were Sierra cologne.

WSS

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Sure sedated. Probably less dangerous than opiates. Hey I've got nothing against legalized weed for recreational purposes you know that. Cigarettes booze along the same lines. But it doesn't mean it ought to be whitewashed does it? And I stated my opinion enough time so you should know. I just don't like working with people who are high or drunk.

That again I don't like being around girls who were Sierra cologne.

WSS

I hated serving drunks at my first job. People who are high can be annoying too. "Sedated" is a bit much and goes down a rabbit hole. But we're generally on the same page. If we're cool with alcohol there's no reason we as a country shouldn't be fine with weed. 

lol - common sense legislation

wondering if the pecker will be campaigning for the pro-pot republican?

(She Mace proposes a 3% federal excise tax—compared to Schumer’s 10% tax—which would generate an estimated $3 billion in annual tax revenue by 2030.) 

it will still be left up to the states and the grift will only go deeper

https://www.fox9.com/news/marijuana-legalization-in-minnesota-gov-walz-pushes-for-legalization

Speaking Wednesday, Governor Walz says his budget would set aside $25 million to create the new "Cannabis Management Office".

a"new" office to run this! HAHAHA 🤡

27 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I hated serving drunks at my first job. People who are high can be annoying too. "Sedated" is a bit much and goes down a rabbit hole. But we're generally on the same page. If we're cool with alcohol there's no reason we as a country shouldn't be fine with weed. 

In Colorado it's totally legal (with provisos below) and there are shops and farms just about anywhere. No one has to hide or fear jail time anymore. It makes total sense to decriminalize it everywhere in the US.

https://cannabis.colorado.gov/legal-marijuana-use/laws-about-marijuana-use

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Might as well legalize, because it’s too easy to grow your own.

My only concern would be the increase in impaired drivers.

Well another win-win for government will be that as soon as there's a reliable field test they will make regulations unrealistically strict so they can arrest prosecute and find more and more people. You didn't think dui laws were about safety did you?

I think I will try to find out how long the effective ingredient stays in the system.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324315

WSS

37 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You didn't think dui laws were about safety did you?

If you’ve ever been popped for a DUI, or know someone that’s been popped you know first hand it’s all about the Benjamins.

Its disguised as a public safety concern, but it’s more money for the coffers of the local government and insurance companies.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Lets legalize a substance that makes people more lazy and fat.  Just what America needs.......

We've had that among the Mayans and Incas for thousands of years. And now I will refer you to the M&M thread.😋

200px-Cocoa_Pods.JPG

12 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Might as well legalize, because it’s too easy to grow your own.

My only concern would be the increase in impaired drivers.

Any concerns with the already vast number of delivers impaired by alcohol?

Thats like complaining of the the open flame of a candle while your house is burning down. 

19 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Thats like complaining of the the open flame of a candle while your house is burning down. 

They're getting angry over alcohol. We're laughing at their rage. 

I don't see how that is so hard to understand.

And for those that have understood that, and realize they're being ridiculous, the response has been posting unrelated left wing articles, gay jokes, and trying to obscure the whole original conversation. So, no surprise.

One group got triggered over alcohol being less sexy. That group is laughable. That's where this ends. That group can flail around about "woke culture" all they want. That doesn't change the fact they got mad over alcohol. 

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We've had that among the Mayans and Incas for thousands of years. And now I will refer you to the M&M thread.😋

200px-Cocoa_Pods.JPG

For the thousandth time, no one is "mad" at TexasAg1969 and the others. No one is "attacking" them. We're laughing at them. 

They're getting angry over a candy. We're laughing at their rage. 

I don't see how that is so hard to understand.

And for those that have understood that, and realize they're being ridiculous, the response has been posting unrelated left wing articles, gay jokes, and trying to obscure the whole original conversation. So, no surprise.

One group got triggered over a cartoon candy being less sexy. That group is laughable. That's where this ends. That group can flail around about "woke culture" all they want. That doesn't change the fact they got mad over a cartoon candy.  

32 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Does anyone here have any legitimate claims against legalization? Or, claims they think are legitimate but most likely not....

Nope. Sorry.

It's apparent you're chomping at the bit because this debate is one you're pretty sure you can win. LOL

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Concerns regarding impaired drivers?

Alcohol, weed, meth, pick your poison.

Does it really matter?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Joe Biden: Protect Illegal Immigrants, Don’t Make Drunk Driving a Felony

https://insidesources.com/joe-biden-protect-illegal-immigrants-dont-make-drunk-driving-a-felony-2/

Democrat who blocked drunk driving bill got a DUI last year

https://mynorthwest.com/1369318/dori-timm-ormsby-drunk-driving/

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Concerns regarding impaired drivers?

Alcohol, weed, meth, pick your poison.

Does it really matter?

If you're concerned about legalizing weed because of impaired drivers then I imagine you want to make alcohol illegal. That was the point of my response. 

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If you're concerned about legalizing weed because of impaired drivers then I imagine you want to make alcohol illegal. That was the point of my response. 

Did he say he wanted weed to be illegal? Or just voicing a concern like you guys do over drunk driving? You guys meeting the ones who like to make comparisons between weed and booze. If you have never made that comparison don't worry about it. But weed stays in the system a lot longer at least as far as testing purposes. So that will complicate the under the influence driving part of it.

And this is just conjecture on my part I've seen no reliable studies one way or the other. Seems to me the guys I know who love their weed smoke it more often then my boozer buddies drink.

WSS

On 1/29/2022 at 4:01 AM, MLD Woody said:

2022-01-31_020752.png.721d6adf8a9973a593f30b4a1b454347.png

22 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Once again Pecker, you miss the point.

I’ll dumb it down, with the addition of weed legalization you will have more impaired drivers (think of someone that doesn’t drink alcohol but is an avid pot smoker).

For the record, I’m all for legalization of weed.