THE BROWNS BOARD

Let it rip

Westside Steve

A Warning from Australia to America : Don't Give Up Your Guns

Australia has taken away many guns from the law abiding citizen. Crime is up and the criminals are running rampid.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But back to the o p I can't help but wonder if we'd have been just as well off if we basically done nothing when the Panic began and eliminated the long-term destruction to the economy. Of course nobody can prove hindsight one way or the other.

WSS

By the toll of a billion deaths, man had earned his immunity, his right to survive among this planet's infinite organisms. And that right is ours against all challenges. For neither do men live nor die in vain. - Morgan Freeman 

^ Yea, it was just a movie, but that doesn't make it any less true. 

For those that have forgotten or never knew, my 26yr old daughter lives in Melbourne Australia and is a Dr. of Physio Therapy. Because of her work she was forced to get the shot back when only 4% of the population was vaxed and the country only had the one option - Astrazeneca, which at the time was on hold for its known issues and was not allowed to be given to any regular citizen under the age of 48-60? (I don't remember the exact age limit, but those numbers stick in my head) 

She ended up in the emergency room 50ish days after her shot with tremendous pain under her left clavicle as well as pressure in her chest. They ruled out blood clots and diagnosed her with a mild case of pericarditis. She went on to make a full recovery in only a few days, but let me tell you, that probably took 3yrs off of my life as the helplessness anxiety was off the charts for dad.

I still worry what it did to her long term health as humanity simply doesn't know yet, because no matter how smart people think they are, time will always be the ultimate judge. People that spout off just how safe big Pharma's golden goose jabs are literally have no clue of what they are actually saying, but hopefully they are proven right in 10-25yrs... but make no mistake, it will take 10-25yrs and screaming at the top of your lungs that the money making jabs are safe will not change that very simple fact. 

That brings us to Australia's new strategy and one she totally agrees with. She's in the medical field and lives there and both of those two facts gives her the edge over anyone else's opinion, at least to me. Humans will always get sick. Most will be miserable for a short time and go about their life. Few will need to see advanced health care because of their underlying health conditions, and yes, a few will die.

I'm 54 years old and know 2 people who died of the good ol' fashioned flu. Both in the 90s. Both seemingly healthy men in their 40s to 50s. Both dead in a hospital during the holiday season 5-7 years apart. I was a much younger man then, and I remember thinking, "Man, that can happen?" "Twice??" I never knew what underlying health conditions were the main reason for their deaths as it was the 90s, a time before everyone knew everything about everyone. 

I'll say it one more time for those all the way in the back...

Heart disease is the number 1 killer and kills 15% of the planet's population every single second, of every single day. Obesity, diet and lack of exercise are the main contributing factors to heart disease...... Tough to hear? Don't give a shit. It's the simple reality........ but maybe they'll make a shot one day. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

But back to the o p I can't help but wonder if we'd have been just as well off if we basically done nothing when the Panic began and eliminated the long-term destruction to the economy. Of course nobody can prove hindsight one way or the other.

WSS

If you did it when the "panic" began you'd have seen even more deaths. The covid of today is not the covid of two years ago. 

43 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

If you did it when the "panic" began you'd have seen even more deaths. The covid of today is not the covid of two years ago. 

Possibly. Of course that wouldn't explain why it's getting worse than it was when there were no vaccinations. Especially now that the Democrats don't have the balls to put a Stranglehold on things because they're worrying about the midterms. Coincidence? But looking over the bottom line of the blue states v the red States it doesn't seem like lock downs  have been that helpful.

So I guess except for those who believes Biden would have nipped it in the bud 🤭.

Maybe herd immunity would have come sooner but for certain we wouldn't have destroyed such a huge portion of the economy.

WSS

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Possibly. Of course that wouldn't explain why it's getting worse than it was when there were no vaccinations. Especially now that the Democrats don't have the balls to put a Stranglehold on things because they're worrying about the midterms. Coincidence? But looking over the bottom line of the blue states v the red States it doesn't seem like lock downs  have been that helpful.

So I guess except for those who believes Biden would have nipped it in the bud 🤭.

Maybe herd immunity would have come sooner but for certain we wouldn't have destroyed such a huge portion of the economy.

WSS

Not possibly. Definitely. It's a medical fact. There are studies. Original COVID is different than Omicron. 

Letting it rip with Omicron is different than with original COVID (when there was no vaccine). 

Omicron is much more contagious. That's why it is worse now. Plus there aren't any lockdowns or restrictions. 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Not possibly. Definitely. It's a medical fact. There are studies. Original COVID is different than Omicron. 

Letting it rip with Omicron is different than with original COVID (when there was no vaccine). 

Omicron is much more contagious. That's why it is worse now. Plus there aren't any lockdowns or restrictions. 

No doubt Omicron is bulshit: just something  for 'some people' to hyperventilate over.

As for your studies it took them two Plus years to figure out the five days was enough isolation instead of the 10 original e guessed at. So spare me.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

No doubt Omicron is bulshit: just something  for 'some people' to hyperventilate over.

As for your studies it took them two Plus years to figure out the five days was enough isolation instead of the 10 original e guessed at. So spare me.

WSS

Again, the virus has changed over two years. 

You can say it's bullshit and define it however you want, just know you were objectively false in your previous post. No "possibly" about it.

I also love the people that take the natural evolution of science as a bad thing. It's a bad thing that new information can change a previous conclusion.

I guess it's easier to just pick one thing at the beginning and assume that's right now matter what, regardless of what facts are presented to the contrary (religion)

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Again, the virus has changed over two years. 

You can say it's bullshit and define it however you want, just know you were objectively false in your previous post. No "possibly" about it.

I also love the people that take the natural evolution of science as a bad thing. It's a bad thing that new information can change a previous conclusion.

I guess it's easier to just pick one thing at the beginning and assume that's right now matter what, regardless of what facts are presented to the contrary (religion)

Apparently not as easy as spinning and tap dancing to support your buddy Joe. Here's one more thing for the case of Let It Rip.

• Those who previously had COVID-19 may wonder how strongly they are protected from the delta variant.
  • Natural immunity does, in many cases, protect people from reinfection. And when they do occur, they tend to be mild.
  • Due to the unknowns, some experts are advising people who have had COVID-19 to get one dose to boost their antibody levels.

so let the covid-19 rip meaning that people would have been much more resistant to the deadly or form in Delta.

WSS

28 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Apparently not as easy as spinning and tap dancing to support your buddy Joe. Here's one more thing for the case of Let It Rip.

• Those who previously had COVID-19 may wonder how strongly they are protected from the delta variant.
  • Natural immunity does, in many cases, protect people from reinfection. And when they do occur, they tend to be mild.
  • Due to the unknowns, some experts are advising people who have had COVID-19 to get one dose to boost their antibody levels.

so let the covid-19 rip meaning that people would have been much more resistant to the deadly or form in Delta.

WSS

sigh

I'll try to keep this going but I know it's pointless. 

There are plenty of studies that show the benefit of the vaccine compared to just  natural immunity when it comes to protection, even if natural immunity is better than neither at all. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34383732/

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7044e1.htm?s_cid=mm7044e1_w

It just feels like people are either making stuff up on their own or they're being told false information repeatedly to fit a narrative. The more something is repeated out in the open the more true it is to some, regardless of the evidence supporting it (or lack of evidence). For example, the fact that we had to go back and forth about fucking masks for months and people still want to fight that (with nothing concrete to back it up). 

And I don't give two shits about supporting Joe. I support common sense and the results of scientific studies. If conservatives as a whole did that then I'd approve of what they're doing too. Unfortunately, like so many other scientific issues (climate change) this issue has been politicized to death. So if a third of our population sees The Blaze and Fox and Trump saying the same shit over and over they'll just assume it's true. 

And yes, I get the communication has been poor in the past from Biden and liberals on covid. I get it. And the media has misrepresented scientific studies a bunch, they do with everything, and that only hurts the trust in the public's eyes. But the overall anti expert, anti academic sentiment in this country is just depressing as hell. The same fuckers that owe every modern convenience in their life to this shit will post on Facebook about how it's all some liberal conspiracy.

sigh

There are plenty of studies that show the benefit of the vaccine compared to just  natural immunity when it comes to protection, even if natural immunity is better than neither at all. 

It just feels like people are either making stuff up on their own or they're being told false information repeatedly to fit a narrative. The more something is repeated out in the open the more true it is to some, regardless of the evidence supporting it (or lack of evidence). For example, the fact that we had to go back and forth about fucking masks for months and people still want to fight that (with nothing concrete to back it up). 

And I don't give two shits about supporting Joe. I support common sense and the results of scientific studies. If conservatives as a whole did that then I'd approve of what they're doing too. Unfortunately, like so many other scientific issues (climate change) this issue has been politicized to death. So if a third of our population sees The Blaze and Fox and Trump saying the same shit over and over they'll just assume it's true. 

And yes, I get the communication has been poor in the past from Biden and liberals on covid. I get it. And the media has misrepresented scientific studies a bunch, they do with everything, and that only hurts the trust in the public's eyes. But the overall anti expert, anti academic sentiment in this country is just depressing as hell. The same fuckers that owe every modern convenience in their life to this shit will post on Facebook about how it's all some liberal conspiracy.

Screw your tainted studies.

I wouldn’t believe a thing you say or post.  We’ve all seen the deceit and lies.

Your the problem just so you know.

• Upvote 1

sigh

As usual it's a capitalist conspiracy money and power. MSNBC and fox make money from frightened suckers like you head TuneIn to the programs or the websites or the fake studies and buy soap cars and financial products.

I don't know and I'm too lazy to look up exactly how much advertising money changed hands during the War of the Worlds. I will guess it was substantial

The natural evolution of science is not necessarily A Bad Thing. Completely freaking out and flooding the airwaves (for profit) with every little whim that turns out to be wrong or at least ineffective within weeks is bad. How do you say you don't love Joe Biden* if, as you said one of the reasons you voted for him was because Trump mishandled the covid. Who was his adviser that said the effect on America would be minuscule? The guy whose pud you suck today.

But you want to play politics great. I'm saying there's a good chance things would have been better without you idiots locking down your States keeping people within their houses out of their jobs and out of the public and wearing masks as much as they could. Because the original coronavirus wasn't as bad as the Delta so if everybody got the original covid (we know what the numbers are, the types of people that get really sick.) You probably won't admit it but we do. That means more people with antibodies which means more people who get Delta don't get as sick. It's the same basis as the vaccine I don't know why you're so stubborn except for the fact you have to do what your party tells you. Which I think is crazy. Can Iguaranteeing everything would have been better? Hell no. 

But it's reasonable case to make.

WSS

* who said or at least read it off a teleprompter, "if you get the vaccine you won't get covid."

It's like I'm taking to a wall. Points I've made already, things I've addressed, just in one ear and out the other. You reply as if no other responses happened since your last post. I've literally explained this shit, and my stance, and you don't attempt at all to absorb it. I have to imagine it's on purpose. And if you don't know what I'm talking about that's just proving my point.

I'm out. So you can take the last response and claim your "victory". You'll even get a bunch of likes and replies from the MAGA idiot squad. 

"Like playing chess with a pigeon"...

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It's like I'm taking to a wall. Points I've made already, things I've addressed, just in one ear and out the other. You reply as if no other responses happened since your last post. I've literally explained this shit, and my stance, and you don't attempt at all to absorb it. I have to imagine it's on purpose. And if you don't know what I'm talking about that's just proving my point.

I'm out. So you can take the last response and claim your "victory". You'll even get a bunch of likes and replies from the MAGA idiot squad. 

"Like playing chess with a pigeon"...

Surrender duly noted

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 6:15 PM, MLD Woody said:

sigh

Two days after you posted this, the CDC released this data: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/pdfs/mm7104e1-H.pdf

It was a big study that looked at groups in Cali and NY. It found that those with natural immunity (i.e. - a previous COVID infection) had lower case rates of the Delta wave than those who were vaccinated alone. I don't agree with their conclusion that vaccination remains the safest strategy, but that's another conversation. 

The data that we need to make big sweeping decisions for a situation like this won't be settled for years. It's a valid response to sit and wait and be skeptical of what they're pushing on us. The vaccine elitism from you and people like you is harmful - how many healthy and able people lost their jobs because they didn't want to get the vaccination? How many at-risk individuals didn't get vaccines early in the pandemic when supplies were limited because they were giving them to all the young and healthy?

It's not just the media who's misrepresenting science - it's also the CDC suggesting that advocating for a herd immunity approach was "a dangerous fallacy unsupported by scientific evidence."  Source: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32153-X/fulltext

It's also the infallible Dr. Fauci (the hero worship of whom is nauseating), who pulled herd immunity numbers out of his ass throughout the pandemic. Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/health/herd-immunity-covid-coronavirus.html

The anti-academic sentiment is deserved. The people making these decisions at the highest levels are making dogmatic recommendations instead of evidence-based recommendations. The data that is out there is conflicting, and they're treating it as if it's settled. And just as a counterpoint to the articles you posted, here's another one from Israel published in the same month with a larger sample size (largest of this type of study, published) that suggests conflicting findings to your studies. Source: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Look man, I don't know who's right and who isn't, and we aren't going to know that for a long time. Being dogmatic and opaque is what the people in charge are doing, and it's unfortunately going to result in a deserving erosion of public trust in the medical community. Your view is more dogmatic than you think, and you're just as susceptible to confirmation bias as everyone else. 

• Upvote 3