THE BROWNS BOARD

Supply problems spreading

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Annual inflation rises to 6.8 percent, the highest rate since 1982

By Sylvan Lane - 12/10/21 08:33 AM EST

ADVERTISEMENT

Consumers paid 0.7 percent more for food, 6.1 percent more for gasoline and 0.5 percent more for shelter than they did in October. Prices for food in general are up 6.1 percent on the year, with grocery store purchases up 6.4 percent and food purchased from restaurants up 5.8 percent.

39 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Annual inflation rises to 6.8 percent, the highest rate since 1982

By Sylvan Lane - 12/10/21 08:33 AM EST

ADVERTISEMENT

Consumers paid 0.7 percent more for food, 6.1 percent more for gasoline and 0.5 percent more for shelter than they did in October. Prices for food in general are up 6.1 percent on the year, with grocery store purchases up 6.4 percent and food purchased from restaurants up 5.8 percent.

I guess you missed it.
5.7-2.png.229b435693baa81be238f7d624452609.png

54 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

My bad. Let me explain it to you. 5.7% GDP is outstanding. I keep forgetting you cult members can't understand anything more complex than a bumper sticker.

Maybe you should try reading bumper stickers, because understanding the economy isn’t your thing.

EBEBD1ED-2B97-4B72-9712-4385AB91F589.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Maybe you should try reading bumper stickers, because understanding the economy isn’t your thing.

EBEBD1ED-2B97-4B72-9712-4385AB91F589.jpeg

My bad. Let me explain it to you. 5.7% GDP is outstanding. I keep forgetting you cult members can't understand anything more complex than a bumper sticker.

Record 14.5 million Americans signed up for 2022 health coverage under Affordable Care Act - CBS News

Washington — President Biden said Thursday that a record 14.5 million Americans got private health insurance for this year under the Obama-era health law, thanks to help from his administration.

"Health care should be a right, not a privilege, for all Americans," Mr. Biden said in a statement. "We are making that right a reality for a record number of people, bringing down costs and increasing access for families across the country."

20 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Record 14.5 million Americans signed up for 2022 health coverage under Affordable Care Act - CBS News

Washington — President Biden said Thursday that a record 14.5 million Americans got private health insurance for this year under the Obama-era health law, thanks to help from his administration.

"Health care should be a right, not a privilege, for all Americans," Mr. Biden said in a statement. "We are making that right a reality for a record number of people, bringing down costs and increasing access for families across the country."

21 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

I’ll dumb it down for you:

GDP = Gross Domestic Product, the amount of goods and services produced in a country in one year.

Inflation = General progressive price increases of goods and services.

Feel free to ask me anything else about economics that you don’t understand.

A lot of folks don't understand.  The equipment, and maintenance, high cost of seed and fertilizer and diesel fuel, ...

a new combine can easily run up about a half million bucks. We used to do a 6 acre field, and the seed for soybeans was a thousand bucks. Used to cut and bail hay.... filling up the barrel pump cost about 330 bucks, and that was about three years ago.

It was fun, but the costs and profit dwindles for small farmers. The big farmers farm their own huge fields, other's fields, to make more of an overall profit. Let weather hit hard, and a lot of crop can get lost. Gas goes up, everybody's costs go up - the corn/soybean trucker to the mill, the farmer, the delivery of fertilizer/seed, ....the delivery out to food manufactures, the delivery of said food products to stores......

and trying to go organic - far more expense. It wouldn't take much of the apple cart to tip over to be a huge disaster. Which, would be just another failure of this corrupt bunch of hacks running out gov now in the wh.

I still go out and stock up a little. Here is a GREAT book you can order on Amazon. It's just excellent, about 18 bucks....

image.thumb.png.74ea96b3dba0723f47772a79edbd50db.png