THE BROWNS BOARD

Supply problems spreading

calfoxwc

and, I can't find Bob Evans sage sausage. Found about 12 packs of a few other types.

Manager happened by - I asked him - he said they can't get any in at all. Two other grocery stores - nope.

Whole cranberry sauce - gone.

It will get worse...

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/01/10/bareshelvesbiden-trends-as-americans-detail-how-joes-failures-have-hit-hard-n504391

37 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and, I can't find Bob Evans sage sausage. Found about 12 packs of a few other types.

Manager happened by - I asked him - he said they can't get any in at all. Two other grocery stores - nope.

It will get worse...

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/01/10/bareshelvesbiden-trends-as-americans-detail-how-joes-failures-have-hit-hard-n504391

"Let's Go Brandon!"

2 minutes ago, Axe said:
2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, we need less regulation around the food we eat. Genius. 

Regulating empty shelves..... GENIUS !!

You stoopid cock sucker.

image.png.5bc5fa2d12b821945ec3763f86ebbc16.png

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

In California, if your Truck is more than 10 years old (might be 5), you cannot pick up the Containers being unloaded from ships, so they stack up and backlog the ships.

Shots are another issue around the Nation.

That's primarily the regulations referred too.

42 minutes ago, JAFBF said:

In California, if your Truck is more than 10 years old (might be 5), you cannot pick up the Containers being unloaded from ships, so they stack up and backlog the ships.

Shots are another issue around the Nation.

That's primarily the regulations referred too.

You sure about that?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/10/18/fact-check-california-cargo-backlog-not-due-trucking-regulations/8456582002/

The Commercial Carrier Journal, a news outlet that covers the trucking industry, reported in 2018 that the California Department of Motor Vehicles would soon start registering trucks only if they were in compliance with the state's truck and bus regulation. That rule calls for the majority of trucks, including those that service ports, to have a 2010 or newer engine by 2023. Some trucks with older engines had to comply with the regulation by 2020.

About 96% of trucks serving California's major ports are already compliant with the rule, according to Karen Caesar, an information officer for the California Air Resources Board

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You sure about that?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/10/18/fact-check-california-cargo-backlog-not-due-trucking-regulations/8456582002/

The Commercial Carrier Journal, a news outlet that covers the trucking industry, reported in 2018 that the California Department of Motor Vehicles would soon start registering trucks only if they were in compliance with the state's truck and bus regulation. That rule calls for the majority of trucks, including those that service ports, to have a 2010 or newer engine by 2023. Some trucks with older engines had to comply with the regulation by 2020.

About 96% of trucks serving California's major ports are already compliant with the rule, according to Karen Caesar, an information officer for the California Air Resources Board

image.png.4d01e9b0f419432222738e1977ee124c.png

https://realtruckmaster.blog/2021/10/14/california-nightmare-for-truckers/

Union and CV are additional issues - California is a nightmare.

• Upvote 2

On 1/10/2022 at 4:39 PM, calfoxwc said:

It will get worse...

Well there's midterms coming up soon. They need to set up the scenario where only Democrats can save you from the problems that Democrats caused. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Well there's midterms coming up soon. They need to set up the scenario where only Democrats can save you from the problems that Democrats caused. 

It will be hard to frame up that the other team are the boogeyman when people are struggling to afford what groceries are available.

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:50 PM, MLD Woody said:

again, you have zero idea of what you are talking about. As a farmer who has gone to farmer's markets - especially those requiring only legit local growers - some of the regulations are asinine. A friend who had a booth next to me - he was from Yugoslavia - his brother and him escaped years before - they send money home to the rest of their family - was famous for their pepperoni rolls. Except, he had to quit selling them,  because he didn't have a meat producer license. Of course, the pepperoni roll company has a meat producer license, they produce the meat. The grocery has a license to produce meat for sale.

and other problems. He had to quit selling the baklava sp? because he didn't produce the nuts himself. Of course, nobody there produces the flour either. And I didn't produce the fruit trees I bought.

It was worse than that. I was selling pints of blackberries and tomatoes etc, and kept selling out. I had an "inspector" give me bs about complaints I was undercutting prices in local groceries. I told him mine were actually higher than theirs, especially my tomatoe prices - because everything I grew was naturally grown. No pesticides, no artificial fertilizers, etc. He said he'd have to shut me down until the complaints could be checked into. I told him I will get an attorney to represent me for fraud and harrassment of a business.

He got squirrely look on his face, and said - " let's just say I talked to you about it and we're good."

so, yes, over-regulation is a freaking problem with the food industry.

furthermore - there are counterproductive regulations that are strange on the flip side:

Google Answers: Puss limit in milk

The contamination of the milk is measured in terms of the SCC - "The SCC amount is the Somatic Cell Counts (number of white blood cells …Leukocytes) per milliliter of milk (SCC/ml). A dairy industry rule of thumb states that cows measuring less than 200,000 SCC/ml of milk are considered healthy or not significantly infected with mastitis.

Supply chain shortage hits military as troops face empty ...

The supply chain shortage plaguing much of the country has also hit Defense Department commissaries where many troops and their family's grocery shop, with the situation seemingly more dire for ...