THE BROWNS BOARD

The left can take their electric cars and shove em

calfoxwc

$22,000 to have to pay to get yer batteries fixed? don't be fooled, folks.

This guy was, and he is mad.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/video-tesla-owner-blows-up-car

Video: Rather than pay $22K to repair his Tesla’s faulty battery, the owner decided to strap dynamite to the car and blow it into smithereens

• Haha 1

They will get their s*** together and electric cars will be viable in the future. They just aren't right now, but the manufacturers and the politicians realize that a lot of Americans are stupid so they can use politics to swindle us out of a few easy bucks in the short-term.

By that time the new lefties will have some other part of the manufacturering process to whine about. 😁

WSS

As someone who worked in the auto industry I can say that electric cars aren't a bad thing IF you have a renewable source of energy. Gas/electric hybrids SHOULD be the way to go UNTIL they can upgrade our electrical grid and come up with a renewable source of energy. Switching over from gas straight to electric is not very smart, until they improve battery technology.

There is some good news though for us people who love traditional internal combustion engines as there are companies out there developing engines that run on hydrogen.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgzKW8EKMc

But from what I can gather, there are some drawbacks but I think hydrogen is worth developing further to make it better than developing battery tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IPR50-soNA

57 minutes ago, Neo said:

As someone who worked in the auto industry I can say that electric cars aren't a bad thing IF you have a renewable source of energy. Gas/electric hybrids SHOULD be the way to go UNTIL they can upgrade our electrical grid and come up with a renewable source of energy. Switching over from gas straight to electric is not very smart, until they improve battery technology.

There is some good news though for us people who love traditional internal combustion engines as there are companies out there developing engines that run on hydrogen.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgzKW8EKMc

But from what I can gather, there are some drawbacks but I think hydrogen is worth developing further to make it better than developing battery tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IPR50-soNA

I would guess the biggest or at least one of the biggest drawbacks is going to be distribution of power cells. If the manufacturers could get together and decide on one standardized battery pack this could be swapped out at thousands of stations across the country in a minute or two that would go a long way to making these things practical. But like different sets of midi sounds from every manufacturer of synthesizers back in the old days it's not going to be done peacefully. Of course once they all decide on I set of General midi sounds it was like taking the chains off.

WSS 

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I would guess the biggest or at least one of the biggest drawbacks is going to be distribution of power cells. If the manufacturers could get together and decide on one standardized battery pack this could be swapped out at thousands of stations across the country in a minute or two that would go a long way to making these things practical. But like different sets of midi sounds from every manufacturer of synthesizers back in the old days it's not going to be done peacefully. Of course once they all decide on I set of General midi sounds it was like taking the chains off.

WSS 

I don’t think they will standardize the batteries. Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda will all have their own systems 

And it sure isn’t in their interest to make the batteries easily changed. They want you to go the dealership so they can charge $75 an hour for labor

Cars are already that way. Most newer cars, a normal person can’t change the spark plugs anymore. My Ford doesn’t even  have a dipstick for the transmission. You have to take off the front tire and remove a plug to check it. Plus you can’t get to the last spark plug with out removing all the emissions crap and loosing the engine mounts and tilting the engine 

13 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I don’t think they will standardize the batteries. Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda will all have their own systems 

And it sure isn’t in their interest to make the batteries easily changed. They want you to go the dealership so they can charge $75 an hour for labor

Cars are already that way. Most newer cars, a normal person can’t change the spark plugs anymore. My Ford doesn’t even  have a dipstick for the transmission. You have to take off the front tire and remove a plug to check it. Plus you can’t get to the last spark plug with out removing all the emissions crap and loosing the engine mounts and tilting the engine 

No Doubt. We know it's more about the Do-Re-Me than it is about the 'viremint.  But you have to fill up your car a hell of a lot more often then you have to change your spark plugs or your transmission fluid. Imagine the pain in the ass if it takes x amount of hours and you can only go to go to x amount of charging stations.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

No Doubt. We know it's more about the Do-Re-Me than it is about the 'viremint.  But you have to fill up your car a hell of a lot more often then you have to change your spark plugs or your transmission fluid. Imagine the pain in the ass if it takes x amount of hours and you can only go to go to x amount of charging stations.

WSS

I was at a Sheetz in Beckley Wv and they had 8 charging stations for electric vehicles. And not 1 of them had a vehicle actually charging

They said Tesla on them. Not sure if you can only charge Tesla cars  there

Just wasting parking spaces 🤪

Also, if the cars become completely electric, isn’t that going to cause us to burn more coal to get more electricity for these cars?

I live in WV, and they don’t believe in renewable energy here. It’s all coal down here!

37 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I was at a Sheetz in Beckley Wv and they had 8 charging stations for electric vehicles. And not 1 of them had a vehicle actually charging

They said Tesla on them. Not sure if you can only charge Tesla cars  there

Just wasting parking spaces 🤪

I think there are adapters for all electric vehicles. Problem being who knows how long it takes to charge up your car? 5 minutes to pump gas. Who wants to sit around for an hour when you run out of charge even if there is a station?

PS one thing I used to love about visiting my old Old Homestead in Carrollton in winter was occasionally being able to smell coal smoke.

WSS

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I think there are adapters for all electric vehicles. Problem being who knows how long it takes to charge up your car? 5 minutes to pump gas. Who wants to sit around for an hour when you run out of charge even if there is a station?

PS one thing I used to love about visiting my old Old Homestead in Carrollton in winter was occasionally being able to smell coal smoke.

WSS

Data on how long it takes to charge an EV is available online. Based on the charging station and battery. 

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Also, if the cars become completely electric, isn’t that going to cause us to burn more coal to get more electricity for these cars?

I live in WV, and they don’t believe in renewable energy here. It’s all coal down here!

We'd need to invest in other green energies 

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

ah.... riding dirt bikes up into the mountains of WV, the slag piles eeking out wisps of smoke. The aroma........... lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

ah.... riding dirt bikes up into the mountains of WV, the slag piles eeking out wisps of smoke. The aroma........... lol

Only 1 mine near me, and it’s closed. All the coal that goes to the power plant in my town either comes on barges in the Ohio river, or by train. Either way it arrives via a huge diesel engine 

We ride side by sides down here now. You rarely see any dirt bikes. Occasionally a quad runner

My wife’s son had a Prius, given to him by his hippie father. The batteries had to be replaced 2 times. The second time he said screw it and bought a non-hybrid. I think it was around $5000 with labor

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Only 1 mine near me, and it’s closed. All the coal that goes to the power plant in my town either comes on barges in the Ohio river, or by train. Either way it arrives via a huge diesel engine 

We ride side by sides down here now. You rarely see any dirt bikes. Occasionally a quad runner

Didn't know that - we rode back in the late seventies. One time, my cousin and I went and rode an AMA enduro on Big Walker Mountain.

It wsa crazy. Miles out, I was trying to catch with my cousin (fat chance - he also ran motorcross with his penton), I was really going on a mountain ridge. Then my revs went way high, and I went off a mountain knoll and hit a tree in the woods, about 10 feet high. Sprained by back really bad, laid there with my suzuki on top of me, til a cleanup crew found me. Turns out, the red danger ribbon had been broken by someone who wrecked and it snapped away. I never saw it. rhododendrons were in bloom. So, he drove my van back to WV, and I had to drive back to ohio. I was in the Air Force, and had to get back by Monday morning or I would be in trouble.

I made it. My commander walked back to my desk and asked me what happened, I said I slipped on the stairs. on my way into work.

Yep, I lied out of desperation. Commander grinned, looked at me sideways, "pretty bad back injury for just slipping on the stairs". I"m pretty sure he knew I lied. lol

At least there were no slag piles in Va.

I rode dirt bikes way back in the late 70’s to early 80’s. Too dangerous now. I’m told old to be wrecking like that

I’ll stick with my buggy, as they are called down here, it seats 4 people and will pretty much  go through anything

2D0547F2-C310-4DBA-8474-4DBBE9460A77.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I rode dirt bikes way back in the late 70’s to early 80’s. Too dangerous now. I’m told old to be wrecking like that

I’ll stick with my buggy, as they are called down here, it seats 4 people and will pretty much  go through anything

NICE ride. I love our ATV's. I want a ride like that. Or, at my age, even a gator, but it doesn't have the quickness to get through mud.

Honestly, being from N. Ohio, I learned to ride in the WV mountains about an hour from Beckley. And I've wrecked every way possible more than once.

Quit riding them decades ago. It's a young man's game to get beat up like that. Maybe we'll trade in our two ATV's and get one of those.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

We'd need to invest in other green energies 

well, by golly, let's just start mass producing warp driven cars that run on CO,

and photosynthesize and emit o2 tomorrow!

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Data on how long it takes to charge an EV is available online. Based on the charging station and battery.

Everything is available online.

But I don't see a link so why don't you tell me in your own words the difference between the convenience of a gas station 5 minute fill up available on just about every corner and the availability compared to of charging stations and how long it takes?

WSS

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Everything is available online.

But I don't see a link so why don't you tell me in your own words the difference between the convenience of a gas station 5 minute fill up available on just about every corner and the availability compared to of charging stations and how long it takes?

WSS

The time it takes to charge an electric car can be as little as 30 minutes or more than 12 hours. This depends on the size of the battery and the speed of the charging point. A typical electric car (60kWh battery) takes just under 8 hours to charge from empty-to-full with a 7kW

I will gladly take my gasoline powered car

5 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

The time it takes to charge an electric car can be as little as 30 minutes or more than 12 hours. This depends on the size of the battery and the speed of the charging point. A typical electric car (60kWh battery) takes just under 8 hours to charge from empty-to-full with a 7kW

I will gladly take my gasoline powered car

Remember you're also charging every time you park in your garage and plug in. You more often than not wouldn't run to E like you would with gas, and you'd have the ability to "fill up" at home unlike gas. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Remember you're also charging every time you park in your garage and plug in. You more often than not wouldn't run to E like you would with gas, and you'd have the ability to "fill up" at home unlike gas. 

I’d still rather have a vehicle that runs on good old petro

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Who the heck do you........sissy FEEL is going to pay for your extremely HIGH electric bill?

You are a really STUPID moron.

Biden climate actions to jolt electricity prices | Fox ...

Electricity prices are set to "skyrocket" as President Biden steers the U.S. economy toward a green-energy agenda, according to experts.. Biden has pledged to achieve a net-zero electricity ...

Biden's 'Woke' Climate Agenda Will Cause Electricity ...

Biden's 'Woke' Climate Agenda Will Cause Electricity Prices to Skyrocket, Experts Warn. Joe Biden's 'woke' climate change agenda will cause electricity prices to skyrocket across America, experts have warned. Biden has vowed to achieve a net-zero electricity grid by 2035 and a net-zero economy by 2050. Solar and wind make up a ...

The price of electricity will skyrocket tomorrow to a ...

Specifically, the price of electricity will skyrocket by 7.5% tomorrow, which will triple the cost of the same day last year, when an average daily price of 45.1 euros per MWh was recorded. If this trajectory of prices goes through the roof, September will become the most expensive month in history in our country.

This is what a coal fired power plant looks like here.  Going to be even more smoke to charge all these electric cars

Just a spewing pollution 

AB7FA0D8-B55D-4A92-A459-7574C08F0AAA.jpeg

so, electric vehicle, you go out west, every time you need to recharge, you drive a hundred? miles to find a recharging station, only to find they are all filled, and there's a long line for each one.

so, you have to find a hotel or camping spot for the night. every time.

You could probably drive to S. Dakota in three weeks. lol

watch for red states to NOT get rechargers, only blue states will get them. lol