THE BROWNS BOARD

Low unemployment?

Westside Steve

Now if that didn't ring true for anybody keep in mind you can't swing a cat without hitting a help wanted sign. And people paying twice the minimum wage, twice or more. Twisted stat? Of course. Who wouldn't rather sit on their ass and go to work? Not many of us so I'm sure a few but a few doesn't get the jobs done.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/12/a-record-4point4-million-people-quit-jobs-in-september-great-resignation.html

This is the real Biden Administration Legacy not artificially inflated numbers due to inflation. And honestly I think anyone who says that's a good thing for society is lying just to piss people off. And yes that happens around here pretty often.

WSS 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So you think these people are quitting so they can sit on their ass?

yes I do Woodrow. There is a certain portion of people who would just rather fuk off than go to work. That's obvious, or it should be to anyone who wants to be realistic, when you look at how much longer people stay on unemployment if it's extended. Nobody looks for a job until the week before it's over. (Sorry I don't mean nobody so you can't jump on that I mean a hell of a lot of people.)And I'm sure some of them are quitting one job and getting one that pays more money. But that means those jobs are open to the people who would prefer to sit on their ass and decide to do that.

Or do you think they're quitting because they have a better offer?

It's similar to working from home. Given a choice, heck yes, I loved working from home when I did.

A lot of people aren't working because of covid. They have elderly grandmothers and grandfathers living at home maybe,

or they have a spouse that has low resistance at the current time for different reasons.

And, there are those who can do just fine on limited income payments because of covid,

and they won't get rich by going to work either.

We have friends who are retired, and wear masks outside. And haven't eaten inside a restaurant since the beginning of the covid mess. They won't go into a grocery store, for goodness sakes.

Going to work? big risk for those who don't want to get it, or bring it home.

Imagine if the virus had been 50% lethal and went all over the entire world.

Nobody would be going to work.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

It's similar to working from home. Given a choice, heck yes, I loved working from home when I did.

A lot of people aren't working because of covid. They have elderly grandmothers and grandfathers living at home maybe,

or they have a spouse that has low resistance at the current time for different reasons.

And, there are those who can do just fine on limited income payments because of covid,

and they won't get rich by going to work either.

We have friends who are retired, and wear masks outside. And haven't eaten inside a restaurant since the beginning of the covid mess. They won't go into a grocery store, for goodness sakes.

Going to work? big risk for those who don't want to get it, or bring it home.

Imagine if the virus had been 50% lethal and went all over the entire world.

Nobody would be going to work.

Dude I'm not talking about people working from home I'm talking about people sitting on their ass and collecting a check cuz they don't want to work anywhere. Not from home not from the office not from their car not from lounge chair on the beach.

(But speaking of working from home I bet some guys can accomplish that well and other guys will f*** off when nobody's watching.)

Anybody here ever study for a test the night before?

WSS 

My initial thought was l didn’t think you could get unemployment if you quit, only if you were fired or laid off. After some internet poking around it looks like that’s not entirely true, but it sounds like there may be extra hoops to jump through. 

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/unemployment-benefits-when-quit-32450.html

I’m guessing with covid the states are rubber stamping a fair amount of unemployment claims from people who quit jobs that interact face to face with the public like in restaurants and retail stores.

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

My initial thought was l didn’t think you could get unemployment if you quit, only if you were fired or laid off. After some internet poking around it looks like that’s not entirely true, but it sounds like there may be extra hoops to jump through. 

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/unemployment-benefits-when-quit-32450.html

I’m guessing with covid the states are rubber stamping a fair amount of unemployment claims from people who quit jobs that interact face to face with the public like in restaurants and retail stores.

Apparently you can quit and still receive benefits, extended benefits, just by being frightened (or saying yiu are), regardless of actual risk.

WSS