THE BROWNS BOARD

So Omicron is no longer the end of the world?

Westside Steve

https://www.aol.com/us-lift-travel-ban-8-141531055-145405743.html

The U.S. will lift travel restrictions to eight southern African countries on New Year's Eve, the White House announced Friday.  The restrictions, imposed last...

So just for the heck of it Biden voters and covid alarmists,  are we all going to die or not?

WSS

I have just come back from participating in what may be the LARGEST superspreader event so far, into this sham of a scamdemic...

yes, I went to see the Spider-Man movie in which the entire theater was full - the second weekend of its release.

I will be sure to let you all know of my condition, my health if you will (if you care) 

like the article says - AMERICA aint buyin woke BS anymore 

and proving that in the process - covid AINT king anymore either haha

https://www.dailywire.com/news/spider-man-no-way-home-suggests-movie-fans-are-fed-up-with-woke-propaganda?fbclid=IwAR00rtuCRF8NrtGPn2g-9W8UnoyNRRTCydgQ94fTvCw19dfbLUCoN7ribaI

I'm pretty sure I recently caught the Omicron. I've had a sore throat, headaches, congestion, and mild cough for the past week and a half, but it's been improving every day. I've taken 3 at home COVID tests, with one positive result and two negatives. Just feels like a bad cold, and I've been successfully treating the symptoms with common OTC cold meds.

We're all just going to have to accept that everyone is more than likely going to get it at some point. Vaccines help lower your chance of hospitalization and having severe symptoms, but they're not going to stop you from getting COVID and spreading the virus. The overwhelming majority of COVID deaths globally have been the elderly, people with co-morbidities and the immunocompromised which, shockingly, are usually the groups that have the highest fatality rates for pretty much every other disease. It's nonsense at this point to keep on doing lockdowns and shutting businesses and schools down over a disease which had a fatality rate below the common flu at it's worst point.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

I'm pretty sure I recently caught the Omicron. I've had a sore throat, headaches, congestion, and mild cough for the past week and a half, but it's been improving every day. I've taken 3 at home COVID tests, with one positive result and two negatives. Just feels like a bad cold, and I've been successfully treating the symptoms with common OTC cold meds.

We're all just going to have to accept that everyone is more than likely going to get it at some point. Vaccines help lower your chance of hospitalization and having severe symptoms, but they're not going to stop you from getting COVID and spreading the virus. The overwhelming majority of COVID deaths globally have been the elderly, people with co-morbidities and the immunocompromised which, shockingly, are usually the groups that have the highest fatality rates for pretty much every other disease. It's nonsense at this point to keep on doing lockdowns and shutting businesses and schools down over a disease which had a fatality rate below the common flu at it's worst point.

Exactly. Like I've said before - Wife's best friend got it, was in the hospital four days, and she's diabetic with a heart surgery in her past. But she was treated and was fine. Her husband, refused to go to the hospital - they had both gotten it on vacation - and got so sick by the time he went, it was too late. He died after three days in. They were a few years from retirement. We've been retired for some years, I retired early cause I could, lol, we got our vaccines, early in the year, then got our booster before going to N. Carolina for Thanksgiving.

Went 2.5 weeks to N. Colorado, 2 1/2 days, and a week and a half in Custer State park, S. Carolina. Went anywhere we wanted to go, masks indoors, hand sanitizer, no covid.

When covid really hit, we stayed indoors for about a few months? then I started going out more to the stores, gas, etc. We had fun doing jigsaw puzzles, movies, played a lot of cards. Had a lot of fun. But then, you have to know to go live your life, we decided.

We're still careful, but planning a few grand vacations camping next year.

The "one size fits all" is stupid. It's more authoritarian collectivism than good intentions by the gov. 

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My younger brother and his wife both have fevers and coughs.  They are trying to get tested but there are none available.  There was a line of cars on snow road going towards Chevrolet Blvd for a few miles for a covid test in your your car.  

I can't find any tests. The local library used to give them out. They've ordered some, but can't get em.

Way to go, brandon.

On 12/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It's cool if we catch it from Black countries.......

Well except South Africa where funeral directors are taking the matter to the streets.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-health-religion-israel-public-health-c9effd3aa5bec1bdaa00b1e2ae972f9b?user_email=&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningWire_December28&utm_term=Morning Wire Subscribers

On 12/26/2021 at 4:12 PM, calfoxwc said:

Exactly. Like I've said before - Wife's best friend got it, was in the hospital four days, and she's diabetic with a heart surgery in her past. But she was treated and was fine. Her husband, refused to go to the hospital - they had both gotten it on vacation - and got so sick by the time he went, it was too late. He died after three days in. They were a few years from retirement. We've been retired for some years, I retired early cause I could, lol, we got our vaccines, early in the year, then got our booster before going to N. Carolina for Thanksgiving.

Went 2.5 weeks to N. Colorado, 2 1/2 days, and a week and a half in Custer State park, S. Carolina. Went anywhere we wanted to go, masks indoors, hand sanitizer, no covid.

When covid really hit, we stayed indoors for about a few months? then I started going out more to the stores, gas, etc. We had fun doing jigsaw puzzles, movies, played a lot of cards. Had a lot of fun. But then, you have to know to go live your life, we decided.

We're still careful, but planning a few grand vacations camping next year.

The "one size fits all" is stupid. It's more authoritarian collectivism than good intentions by the gov. 

True and like the flu shots you have voluntarily take yearly for flu season, Darwin will handle the anti-shot folks just fine one way or another just like he does the flu.☠️

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

True and like the flu shots you have voluntarily take yearly for flu season, Darwin will handle the anti-shot folks just fine one way or another just like he does the flu.☠️

https://www.thefreedomcenter.com/accidental-overdose-the-leading-cause-of-death-under-50/

I would imagine if someone seriously called for mandatory daily drug testing many of the covid fear-mongers would object. 

WSS

So, D Bone officially has the rona! I'm so bummed because I can't ride right now.... only because it's raining in SoCal (yea, I'm a fucking princess) and not because of COVID. If it wasn't raining, I'd be out spinning right now in spite of my good ol' fashioned (but now apparently extinct) common cold like symptoms. I've felt like this before in my 54 years of life hundreds of times and it is what it is. 

For what it's worth, my Dr daughter says that this current version of covid is a good thing. She says that she, and more importantly most non USA epidemiologists, believe this is the beginning of the end of the pandemic. I won't try to elaborate on their reasons as I don't have the brain power to accurately repeat our 20 minute conversation, and even if I did, the hand wringers who are led by the ballz by their favorite version of poison, er media, will still fear their own shadow and demand that we all change our lives forever. 

I'm just glad I get a few days off from working with 480/277/208 and 120 volts live on a daily basis.... the thing that I respect and fear most on this planet. Well, besides texting drivers and cancer that is.

Happy New Year everyone! Make the new year what YOU want it to be, not what someone else tells you to make it.   (and yes, I recognize the irony in that statement) 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

So, D Bone officially has the rona! I'm so bummed because I can't ride right now.... only because it's raining in SoCal (yea, I'm a fucking princess) and not because of COVID. If it wasn't raining, I'd be out spinning right now in spite of my good ol' fashioned (but now apparently extinct) common cold like symptoms. I've felt like this before in my 54 years of life hundreds of times and it is what it is. 

For what it's worth, my Dr daughter says that this current version of covid is a good thing. She says that she, and more importantly most non USA epidemiologists, believe this is the beginning of the end of the pandemic. I won't try to elaborate on their reasons as I don't have the brain power to accurately repeat our 20 minute conversation, and even if I did, the hand wringers who are led by the ballz by their favorite version of poison, er media, will still fear their own shadow and demand that we all change our lives forever. 

I'm just glad I get a few days off from working with 480/277/208 and 120 volts live on a daily basis.... the thing that I respect and fear most on this planet. Well, besides texting drivers and cancer that is.

Happy New Year everyone! Make the new year what YOU want it to be, not what someone else tells you to make it.   (and yes, I recognize the irony in that statement) 

You got this D

On 12/27/2021 at 7:58 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

My younger brother and his wife both have fevers and coughs.  They are trying to get tested but there are none available.  There was a line of cars on snow road going towards Chevrolet Blvd for a few miles for a covid test in your your car.  

I went past that testing facility a few times last week on my way to a job startup. It was fucking nuts. There were cars up and down the plaza rows and out into the street around the corner. The last day I went by it was on Thursday. They had to have cops directing traffic into it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 11:31 AM, D Bone said:

So, D Bone officially has the rona!

^ Just an update. I've been feeling fine since the 5th. I still have a little wheezing/gurgling in my lungs if I forcefully let out all of my air, otherwise I'm good to go. I have ridden 4 times (85 miles) since the 5th and I was surprised on just how strong I still was. I'm a snot factory during the rides, but still feel good. Overall, I would describe this experience as no different from any other time I've gotten sick, be it standard flu or just a cold.... Never fun.

My family was together for Christmas Eve. Myself, my wife, my brother, his wife, their adult daughter, her boyfriend, my mom and my dad.... 8 of us. My brother's wife was Typhoid Mary and was the first to show symptoms on the night of Christmas Day. Then me on the 28th, my dad on the 30th, my wife on the 4th, my niece on the 6th, her boy friend on the 7th- 8th. 

My mom apparently is too mean, and scared the shit out of any virus that dared look her way. My brother was "sick" for less than a day, and miraculously recovered. 

My sis In law tested negative twice as did my wife. No one else tested except for my niece's boyfriend who tested positive once. My dad did not test. My dad and sis in law both had symptoms that were step in step with mine, while my wife, niece and her boy friend all had different symptoms and differing durations of those symptoms.  

My 83yr old dad is still fighting his symptoms while the rest of us have gotten back to normal. My dad sits in his fucking chair and watches his chosen method of poison everyday, all day, and I can not get him to take a walk around the house no matter what I do. Both of my parents are in terrible physical condition and both sit all day and do nothing and have been doing this for about a decade..... a decade in which they aged 35yrs and now need assistance just to live. 

Anyway, there you go. 2 confirmed cases in 8 people that were together for well over 6hrs on Christmas Eve, and according to the tests some had the Rona, some didn't, some don't know and some never got sick.

On 12/28/2021 at 8:17 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

"Voluntarily" is the operative word. The government doesn't mandate you to get the flu shot or threatens you with losing your job if you don't get it.

People still get the flu even if they've had the flu shot, and a very small percentage of them unfortunately die from the flu as well. It doesn't mean we have to shut down civilization and abdicate our freedoms to the government because of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

"Voluntarily" is the operative word. The government doesn't mandate you to get the flu shot or threatens you with losing your job if you don't get it.

People still get the flu even if they've had the flu shot, and a very small percentage of them unfortunately die from the flu as well. It doesn't mean we have to shut down civilization and abdicate our freedoms to the government because of it.

Fear makes people think irrational 

it’s got to the point where we may need to hand out teddy bears to folks like Tex 

20 minutes ago, hammertime said:

it’s got to the point where we may need to hand out teddy bears to folks like Tex 

nah. The Teddy Bear might be orange, he'd freak.

Although....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363644228924

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Tex talked his daughter into get her whole family double vaxed this summer. She and her husband got it, but the kids remain negative. Husband fully recovered and she is slowly getting over it. Neither required hospitalization. I did see the MD in charge of a large Hospital system in Houston say that of the 292 covid deaths they had had in their system this past year up until Monday, all were unvaccinated.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

I saw a small concrete statue of Trump at a roadside stand…the gnomes around it seemed to make it look rather odd.

Why would that be? He's always surrounded by gnomes and toads like Florida's Desantis and our own Teddy 🐻(Cruz), ready to lick his boots and bottom whenever they need a shine.🤣

Why would that be? He's always surrounded by gnomes and toads like Florida's Desantis and our own Teddy 🐻(Cruz), ready to lick his boots and bottom whenever they need a shine.🤣

Don’t worry Tex…we’ve got your boy Dementia Joe driving this country now.

What can go wrong?

7C0662CA-8850-4949-B787-31D91657D585.png

• Haha 2