THE BROWNS BOARD

Just the beginning?

DieHardBrownsFan

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

CDC COVID Tracker - current through 23DEC21

Screenshot_20211226-145938-816.thumb.png.cce5b41db8a95b7a7e2995f14e29eb47.png

Screenshot_20211226-150646-946.thumb.png.309344d758758b7ee1eabcd9c1e568a3.png

Screenshot_20211226-150731-522.thumb.png.7882e55b47ae6c475a7a38465dada70d.png

This is the vaccination data from the CDC website, broken down by age and race. If you look at the data, white individuals over the age of 50 are the demographic who have the highest vaccination rates in the country, overall. This demographic also tends to be the most politically conservative group in the nation. 

If you go by the CDC's data, there really isn't much of a statistical difference between political leanings and vaccination compliance.

One of the best parameters to guess someone's vaccination status is their political affiliation. 

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-september-2021/

90% of Democrats had been vaccinated, compared with 68% of Independents and just 58% of Republicans.

1h5vlb6zckmnch_5yzlqqa.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/355073/vaccinated-delta-surge-fda-decision.aspx

That is back from September, so it is a little old, but I don't imagine the numbers have changed much. 

"According to Gallup, 40% of Republicans “don’t plan” to get vaccinated, versus 26% of Independents and just 3% of Democrats. In response to a more sharply worded KFF question, 23% of Republicans report that they will “definitely not” get vaccinated, compared to 11% of Independents and just 4% of Democrats."

The problem with looking at age and race is that you're then assuming their political affiliation (based on data, averages, etc). Data that straight up looks at their political affiliation compared to vaccination status cuts out that middle man. 

But we both agree at least that vaccination status is the best indicator of death rate, as most deaths at this point are from those that are unvaccinated. 

Here is another one, looking at deaths for an area based on how that area voted for Trump

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

"The trend was robust, even when controlling for age, which is the primary demographic risk of COVID-19 mortality. The data also reveal a major contributing factor to the death rate difference: The higher the vote share for Trump, the lower the vaccination rate."

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

One of the best parameters to guess someone's vaccination status is their political affiliation. 

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-september-2021/

90% of Democrats had been vaccinated, compared with 68% of Independents and just 58% of Republicans.

1h5vlb6zckmnch_5yzlqqa.png

https://news.gallup.com/poll/355073/vaccinated-delta-surge-fda-decision.aspx

That is back from September, so it is a little old, but I don't imagine the numbers have changed much. 

"According to Gallup, 40% of Republicans “don’t plan” to get vaccinated, versus 26% of Independents and just 3% of Democrats. In response to a more sharply worded KFF question, 23% of Republicans report that they will “definitely not” get vaccinated, compared to 11% of Independents and just 4% of Democrats."

The problem with looking at age and race is that you're then assuming their political affiliation (based on data, averages, etc). Data that straight up looks at their political affiliation compared to vaccination status cuts out that middle man. 

But we both agree at least that vaccination status is the best indicator of death rate, as most deaths at this point are from those that are unvaccinated. 

Here is another one, looking at deaths for an area based on how that area voted for Trump

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/12/05/1059828993/data-vaccine-misinformation-trump-counties-covid-death-rate

"The trend was robust, even when controlling for age, which is the primary demographic risk of COVID-19 mortality. The data also reveal a major contributing factor to the death rate difference: The higher the vote share for Trump, the lower the vaccination rate."

I'm not denying that political affiliation may have some correlation to whether or not someone has been vaccinated. But we have to delve into it more than just a single, superficial layer.

I don't necessarily think that conservatives, in general, don't believe in vaccination, because the data doesn't play out that way. I think we can agree that population over the age of 50 in the US are majority conservative, which means that they would probably not be for mandated vaccinations. Yet this same age group is the one who has the highest percentage of that group who have had at least one dose of the vaccine. It makes sense, since people over the age of 60 have the highest risk of death from COVID, and indeed are the majority of COVID deaths. 

My question is, if the 60+ demographic, who are the ones who have the overwhelming majority of COVID fatalities, are also the ones who have the highest rate of vaccination against said disease, then why are we continuing with such polarizing measures such as mandatory vaccinations for all age groups, lockdowns and mask mandates?

The government sold the people the lie that we needed to have over 60% of our population vaccinated to stop the spread. We have over 70% vaccination rate  and the spread continues. We were told that the initial two week lockdown would stop the spread. We've had cities and countries all over the world who had multiple lockdowns for months - some even taking the extreme measure of violating their citizens rights by locking them down in quarantine camps - yet the spread continued. Masks are inefficient at slowing the spread at best, and completely ineffective at worst, yet here we are with more mask mandates. We've shut down the world and abdicated our rights to self determination in fear of a disease who's fatality rate is less than the common flu and are wanting people to get vaccinated against their will with an experimental vaccine who's long term side effects are poorly understood and that doesn't stop the virus from spreading anyway. It's lunacy.

I'm all for people wanting to get the vaccine, as I do believe it helps mitigate the more severe symptoms of COVID, just like a normal flu shot does. But it's madness that we should let the world be held hostage by governments cashing in on people's fear over an illness which isn't even much of a threat anymore. 

• Upvote 4

On 12/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, jbluhm86 said:

I'm all for people wanting to get the vaccine, as I do believe it helps mitigate the more severe symptoms of COVID, just like a normal flu shot does. But it's madness that we should let the world be held hostage by governments cashing in on people's fear over an illness which isn't even much of a threat anymore. 

Most thinking people without a political agenda to push would agree with that.

WSS