THE BROWNS BOARD

5+ year sentence for attacking a January 6 officer.

mjp28

Well it's started  63 months in prison just read on.  Some of these " bad guys ". might have thought that they might get a probation *WRONG*  this isn't some kid stealing a candy bar it was a serious crime.   Good..  More to come......

A Florida man who enthusiastically attacked police at the US Capitol on January 6 with a fire extinguisher, a wooden plank and a pole was sentenced to more than five years in prison on Friday, the longest sentence for a Capitol rioter thus far.

Robert Scott Palmer at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Robert Scott Palmer at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.
Robert Scott Palmer is the first person to be sentenced for the felony of assaulting an officer with a dangerous weapon. His 63-month sentence could set a benchmark for the more than 140 others who face the same charge.
"Every day we are hearing about reports of antidemocratic factions, people plotting potential violence in 2024," District Judge Tanya Chutkan said as she handed down the sentence. "It has to be made clear that trying to stop the peaceful transition of power, assaulting law enforcement, is going to be met with certain punishment. Not staying at home, not watching Netflix, not doing what you were doing before you got arrested."

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

From now on we should stfu about China having political prisoners.

WSS 

No. Two completely different things.   Thug anywhere hits YOU or anyone with an object is assault and battery.  Tried and convicted now pay your fine or do your time.

Next case.  

42 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

No. Two completely different things.   Thug anywhere hits YOU or anyone with an object is assault and battery.  Tried and convicted now pay your fine or do your time.

Next case.  

That's absolutely nowhere near the average sentence for first-time assault. Absolutely nowhere.

It's a kangaroo court and if someone sentenced someone you cared about are ridiculous sentence like that you would shit your pants.  (I realized Biden supporters don't think that's a big deal but...)

WSS 

48 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's absolutely nowhere near the average sentence for first-time assault. Absolutely nowhere.

It's a kangaroo court and if someone sentenced someone you cared about are ridiculous sentence like that you would shit your pants.  (I realized Biden supporters don't think that's a big deal but...)

WSS 

Evidently it was way more than just assault and battery I wasn't there    -but-   I'm sure we will find out in the upcoming weeks and months.   This was no simple disagreement and fight.

Is the plea bargaining getting cranked up now ?    Especially if you were caught up close on camera. 

Next case.

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Evidently it was way more than just assault and battery I wasn't there    -but-   I'm sure we will find out in the upcoming weeks and months.   This was no simple disagreement and fight.

Is the plea bargaining getting cranked up now ?    Especially if you were caught up close on camera. 

Next case.

But that's not what you said you're just making s*** it up as you go along.

WSS 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

But..but...but... Freedom! 

Trump will save him!

(Also, of course it was "Florida man")

Just a group of society learning laws apply to them too. Shocker

Only if you're white. And Democrat.

WSS

The guy should have been hammered, but ....

murders and rapists go free on bail?

arson of Fox News giant Christmas tree out on bail immediately?

etc etc?

Meanwhile, the judge is black, and was appointed by...

buttock obaMao commie.

figures.

He got hammered by an obaMao hack judge. it's what she does.

whatever obamao tells her to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanya_S._Chutkan

44 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

But that's not what you said you're just making s*** it up as you go along.

WSS 

Only if you're white. And Democrat.

WSS

He did plea guilty.    Hmmmm.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

The guy should have been hammered, but ....

murders and rapists go free on bail?

arson of Fox News giant Christmas tree out on bail immediately?

etc etc?

Meanwhile, the judge is black, and was appointed by...

buttock obaMao commie.

figures.

He got hammered by an obaMao hack judge. it's what she does.

whatever obamao tells her to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanya_S._Chutkan

What does the race of the judge have to do with anything?

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Next case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/florida-man-gets-5-years-assault-capitol-riot-longest-sentence-n1286249

More details on what he actually did

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

How about the difference between a white police officer guilty of involuntary manslaughter as opposed to a black, and possibly Retarded, police officer murdering a white woman in Cold Blood? I think that plays different on.cnn? And you seem to be the guy all about white supremacy and Jim Crow?

WSS 

15 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Next case.

But the person who shot and killed a veteran that day….nothing? 🤔

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

fair question - not much by itself, BUT IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FACT THAT SHE WAS NOMINATED BY YOUR BUTTOCK OBAMAO COMMIE, that tells a lot because obaMao was an ardent radical racist liar sombeitch.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

fair question - not much by itself, BUT IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FACT THAT SHE WAS NOMINATED BY YOUR BUTTOCK OBAMAO COMMIE, that tells a lot because obaMao was an ardent radical racist liar sombeitch.

So because she's black and was put in place by Obama that makes her racist? Do you have anything but delusion to back that up?

Does that make every judge put in place by Obama bad and every judge put in place by Trump good?

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

From Reuters (there are plenty more).....   https://www.reuters.com/world/us/probe-clears-police-officer-who-shot-woman-jan-6-us-capitol-attack-2021-08-23 

WASHINGTON, Aug 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Capitol Police said on Monday an internal investigation has found no wrongdoing by the police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt, a supporter of then-President Donald Trump killed during the siege of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The police department said in a news release it determined the officer’s conduct was "lawful and within Department policy."

The officer, who has not been publicly identified, will not face internal discipline.

Babbitt, 35, was a U.S. Air Force veteran who embraced far-right conspiracy theories on social media, including Trump's false assertions that his 2020 presidential election loss was due to fraud.

"The actions of the officer in this case potentially saved Members and staff from serious injury and possible death from a large crowd of rioters," the Capitol Police said in the news release.

More than 570 people face criminal charges related to the attack, which resulted in at least five deaths and temporarily sent lawmakers into hiding as they sought to formalize Joe Biden's presidential victory. read more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personally I think she was a member of a LARGE mob trying to break into the hearing.  COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED shooting.  And a veteran,. what a disgrace to her uniform.   Ok ?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

And your explanation as to why there should be? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, right? Isn't that your guy's motto?

39 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Personally I think she was a member of a LARGE mob trying to break into the hearing.  COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED shooting.  And a veteran,. what a disgrace to her uniform.   Ok ?

This right here.👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

From Reuters (there are plenty more).....   https://www.reuters.com/world/us/probe-clears-police-officer-who-shot-woman-jan-6-us-capitol-attack-2021-08-23 

WASHINGTON, Aug 23 (Reuters) - The U.S. Capitol Police said on Monday an internal investigation has found no wrongdoing by the police officer who shot Ashli Babbitt, a supporter of then-President Donald Trump killed during the siege of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The police department said in a news release it determined the officer’s conduct was "lawful and within Department policy."

The officer, who has not been publicly identified, will not face internal discipline.

Babbitt, 35, was a U.S. Air Force veteran who embraced far-right conspiracy theories on social media, including Trump's false assertions that his 2020 presidential election loss was due to fraud.

"The actions of the officer in this case potentially saved Members and staff from serious injury and possible death from a large crowd of rioters," the Capitol Police said in the news release.

More than 570 people face criminal charges related to the attack, which resulted in at least five deaths and temporarily sent lawmakers into hiding as they sought to formalize Joe Biden's presidential victory. read more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not even fucking close.  Did you watch the video?  She was murdered.

39 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Not even fucking close.  Did you watch the video?  She was murdered.

Yes I probably saw it 10+ times.   She was an idiot to continue to advance and refused commands to stop and was shot.   That's it.

Im surprised a whole lot of intruders were not shot the police showed amazing restraint.  The reports showed just that, case closed.

58 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes I probably saw it 10+ times.   She was an idiot to continue to advance and refused commands to stop and was shot.   That's it.

Im surprised a whole lot of intruders were not shot the police showed amazing restraint.  The reports showed just that, case closed.

DH is just a troll man. He doesn't actually believe 90% of what he says. Don't waste your time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Well then (if that's what you actually believe speaking of trolling) it's unfortunate that the National Guard or the police or whoever didn't just open fire on the BLM rioters. Maybe if they'd made Tiananmen Square look like a parking violation it might have slowed down the appetite for more rioting.

I guess that should be in pink.

WSS

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

So being an idiot constitutes being murdered?

If that’s the case, then a large part of the world population needs shot?

If some nut runs around in costume, and gets jail time then some Rambo killing people in the Capital should at least be subject to a trial. 

See how that works?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Neo said:

And your explanation as to why there should be? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, right? Isn't that your guy's motto?

This right here.👍

There should be a trial by whoever pulled the trigger.

Moral of the story, nobody is above the law.

• Upvote 1