THE BROWNS BOARD

The rabid left goes enraged that the Supreme Court seems to be ready to stop their propagandizing America's kids

calfoxwc

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And I can't opt out of having my taxes continue to go to a bloated military budget

(Though you can vote on school levies)

The military protects every citizen of the U.S.

If I was sending my kids to a private school, you can bet your ass I’m voting against every school levy.

9 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I didn't know that.  School teachers don't pay into Social Security they sponge off the public dime after retiring far earlier than the public sector and doing far less work during their short careers.

WSS 

Teachers are asking for extra holidays and mental health resources to fight burnout

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/13/1055503597/teachers-are-asking-for-extra-holidays-and-mental-health-resources-to-fight-burn

Most teachers DO pay into Social Security 

Only about 15 states do not

Those states, teachers pay into State Teachers Retirement System

But the ones that don’t pay SS don’t get the benefits when they retire

Also my brother-in-law is a teacher and he won’t be able to retire until he’s 65. Just like most people

34 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I didn't know that.  School teachers don't pay into Social Security they sponge off the public dime after retiring far earlier than the public sector and doing far less work during their short careers.

WSS 

Ha. Oh geez. You tell em folk singer...

The apparent politicization of school teachers is a whole other thread at this point...

I'm sure it's frustrating as hell being a teacher right now. You have rabid mons at PTA meetings saying what and how you should teach because they saw a post on Facebook when most of them couldn't even do long division. Then you get blamed for anything wrong with their child. And conservatives want you to carry guns so you can have a shootout with a school shooter. While half the country says you're lazy, spoiled, and overpaid. 

Must suck

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

well folk saying is actually something different but I never do expect you to know what you're talkin about. I also didn't know that only 15% of the state's make them pay social security. I would have to look at the numbers to see how many get a pension from the taxpayers. I'm guessing it's more than 15%.

The apparent politicization of school teachers is a whole other thread at this point...

well that's true.

I'm sure it's frustrating as hell being a teacher right now. You have rabid mons at PTA meetings saying what and how you should teach because they saw a post on Facebook when most of them couldn't even do long division. Then you get blamed for anything wrong with their child. And conservatives want you to carry guns so you can have a shootout with a school shooter. While half the country says you're lazy, spoiled, and overpaid. 

Absolutely. Parents suck and parents are the reason that kids suck. Or not. But lazy spoiled overpaid oh, yeah I guess I'm good with that description.

Must suck

not as bad as working a real job.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Must suck

Millennials Millennial Crying GIF - Millennials Millennial Millennial Crying  - Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Most teachers DO pay into Social Security 

Only about 15 states do not

Those states, teachers pay into State Teachers Retirement System 

which is funded by?

But the ones that don’t pay SS don’t get the benefits when they retire

I would have to look that up.

Also my brother-in-law is a teacher and he won’t be able to retire until he’s 65. Just like most people

The vast majority retired after 30 years of service most at 60 years. Unless I am mistaken.

STRS Ohio is funded through investment returns and contributions made by members and their employers. Members currently contribute 14% of gross earnings. Employers contribute an additional 14% of members' annual salary into the Employers' Trust Fund.

If you don’t pay into social security you don’t get social security when you retire

I was a subcontractor for years and I had to do all my own taxes. Social security included. If I didn’t pay into it I wasn’t going to get the benefits when I retired

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2021 at 6:32 PM, MLD Woody said:

Why should tax payers subsidize religious schools? Religious institutions have tax exempt status. Also, why would we want taxpayer dollars going to outdated and potentially hateful world views? 

Here's what you answered just a few posts afterward.

"We're better off as a society having educated citizens. On top of other benefits"

the rest of your post is just typical Woody nonsense but being that her office has Society doesn't count if the people that work at the schools don't share your quite possibly hateful beliefs?

WSS 

(ps I actually don't believe the government funds should pick up the entire tab for Catholic schools. But I have no problem with some subsidization part of what makes those School better is it the parents care enough to make a little bit of sacrifice for their kid. Meaning caring parents mostly raised better children.)

WSS 

On 12/12/2021 at 7:03 PM, MLD Woody said:

My other question is do schools that receive this funding need to provide some level of proof they're teaching acceptable topics. Are their lesson plan reviews, testing requirements, etc. I really have no idea. I would hope we wouldn't fund schools that have a lesson around "gays are perverts and sinners" or something dumb like that. 

So you don't want the schools to teach the truth?

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Here's what you answered just a few posts afterward.

"We're better off as a society having educated citizens. On top of other benefits"

the rest of your post is just typical Woody nonsense but being that her office has Society doesn't count if the people that work at the schools don't share your quite possibly hateful beliefs?

WSS 

(ps I actually don't believe the government funds should pick up the entire tab for Catholic schools. But I have no problem with some subsidization part of what makes those School better is it the parents care enough to make a little bit of sacrifice for their kid. Meaning caring parents mostly raised better children.)

WSS 

My "hateful" beliefs. Ha, right. 

Why do parents "care more" if they send their kid to a Catholic school?

Also, public schools exist to fill the need for educated citizens. That's what we're funding with taxes. If you want to go outside of that system, fine I guess, but I don't see why that would need to be subsidized as well. 

And, once again, something that keeps getting glossed over... If these religious schools get funding then shouldn't they have to abide by the same rules and standards as public schools? No discrimination hiding behind religious freedom.

11 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

My "hateful" beliefs. Ha, right. 

Why do parents "care more" if they send their kid to a Catholic school?

Also, public schools exist to fill the need for educated citizens. That's what we're funding with taxes. If you want to go outside of that system, fine I guess, but I don't see why that would need to be subsidized as well. 

And, once again, something that keeps getting glossed over... If these religious schools get funding then shouldn't they have to abide by the same rules and standards as public schools? No discrimination hiding behind religious freedom.

Dude you're the one that used hateful (I think) in  one of your silly responses just as a reminder.

By the way what are these rules the touch your heart sitter so egregiously being overlooked?

Do you think it only discriminating against white people is allowed?

Or, as I guess, you're just bitching?

WSS 

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Dude you're the one that used hateful (I think) in  one of your silly responses just as a reminder.

By the way what are these rules the touch your heart sitter so egregiously being overlooked?

Do you think it only discriminating against white people is allowed?

Or, as I guess, you're just bitching?

WSS 

Yes Steve, I "think it only discriminating against white people is allowed". Christ. 

I said religious schools could have "potentially hateful and outdated world views". Islam, Christianity, whatever. That point stands and there are plenty of examples. Are you denying that?

What rules? I won't even get into the actual potential implications around teaching science. The example I gave before is around LGBTQ. Are we going to subsidize a school that openly teaches that gays are evil sinners and that refused to hire any? 

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes Steve, I "think it only discriminating against white people is allowed". Christ. 

Sorry I forgot, Christians too.

I said religious schools could have "potentially hateful and outdated world views". Islam, Christianity, whatever. That point stands and there are plenty of examples. Are you denying that?

More or less than secular educators?

What rules? I won't even get into the actual potential implications around teaching science. The example I gave before is around LGBTQ. Are we going to subsidize a school that openly teaches that gays are evil sinners and that refused to hire any?

Actually we are all sinners according to the church right? 

Unfortunately I couldn't copy a link to this because it's a PDF but here's a screenshot and if you type in 5 myths at Toledo diocese. Org you can see that from a screenshot.

WSS 

Screenshot_20211214-095824_Office.jpg

4 hours ago, Axe said:

If you're tax exempt, you shouldn't be subsidized with tax dollars.

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

If they play by the rules then stop taking my property tax to pay for publiC schools, it against the state constitution.  

Say, parents who don't want their kids going to bad public schools should not have to pay public school taxes at all ! That way, they

can pay to have their kids get a DECENT education !

• Upvote 3

If I don’t have any children going to public school, I should pay less property tax then someone who does, If that is how the public schools are funded

as for the private schools, no one should have to pay higher taxes for them at all. If your kids go there, your tuition should cover expenses 
If you want to pay for your kids to go to private schools, by all means do so. I shouldn’t have to help you do it though

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

If I don’t have any children going to public school, I should pay less property tax then someone who does, If that is how the public schools are funded

as for the private schools, no one should have to pay higher taxes for them at all. If your kids go there, your tuition should cover expenses 
If you want to pay for your kids to go to private schools, by all means do so. I shouldn’t have to help you do it though

Agreed. We have friends who spent so much money over the years, to put their kids in Christian schools. But they also have always paid taxes to support public schools. I think it's good competition for some school systems. Keeps decent school systems honest.

the rest, are just run by power mongering hater liberal sombeitches.