THE BROWNS BOARD

The rabid left goes enraged that the Supreme Court seems to be ready to stop their propagandizing America's kids

calfoxwc

they can take their social engineering and shove it. American PARENTS HAVE RIGHTS, TOO.

This leftwing garbage started when some courts ruled that property taxes were wrong as a way of supporting schools.

That led to schools not being ACCOUNTABLE TO PARENTS WHO PAY FOR THE SCHOOLS.

Enough of the left's garbage.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/12/12/the-left-goes-nuts-as-the-supreme-court-seems-to-signal-that-their-monopoly-on-propagandizing-kids-is-at-an-end-n490339

The Left Goes Nuts as the Supreme Court Seems to Signal That Their Monopoly on Propagandizing Kids Is at an End

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Why should tax payers subsidize religious schools? Religious institutions have tax exempt status.

Also, why would we want taxpayer dollars going to outdated and potentially hateful world views? 

1 Why should they tax people for schools that all?

2 see # 1

WSS

My other question is do schools that receive this funding need to provide some level of proof they're teaching acceptable topics. Are their lesson plan reviews, testing requirements, etc. I really have no idea. I would hope we wouldn't fund schools that have a lesson around "gays are perverts and sinners" or something dumb like that. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

My other question is do schools that receive this funding need to provide some level of proof they're teaching acceptable topics. Are their lesson plan reviews, testing requirements, etc. I really have no idea. I would hope we wouldn't fund schools that have a lesson around "gays are perverts and sinners" or something dumb like that. 

Like CRT.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We're better off as a society having educated citizens. On top of other benefits

as long as they aren't Christian students, right? or do you not know that Christian parents pay taxes too?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We're better off as a society having educated citizens. On top of other benefits

So you don't think that a Catholic school or a Jewish school or even a Muslim School has the ability to give kids a good, probably even superior, education? Is that your point or is it just that your hatred of people of faith has clouded your reason?

WSS 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

So you don't think that a Catholic school or a Jewish school or even a Muslim School has the ability to give kids a good, probably even superior, education? Is that your point or is it just that your hatred of people of faith has clouded your reason?

WSS 

Any of those schools have the ability to educate students at a high level

But if they operate under a tax free religious exception then why are they allowed to be funded with taxpayer money?

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS 

Oh geez, here we go with the "hatred" nonsense. Trying to paint this exchange one way before it even starts to help shape your fabricated reality...

My response is what Browns149 said above. Religious schools could be better, or they could be worse, but religious institutions are already existing outside of many tax laws as it is. Not to mention that whole "separation of church and state" thing. I don't see why the government should have to subsidize religious schools. Public schools already exists, that is where the funding should go and those are the institutions to help made a more educated population, as I referred to above. 

And again, a point I made earlier, what about religious teachings that go against other laws we currently have, namely around discrimination. Are there going to be standards for each school, rules for what they have to cover in their curriculum? 

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Any of those schools have the ability to educate students at a high level

But if they operate under a tax free religious exception then why are they allowed to be funded with taxpayer money?

find them. Then let's rebate the taxes paid by the parents who care enough about their kids to send them to a better school.

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh geez, here we go with the "hatred" nonsense. Trying to paint this exchange one way before it even starts to help shape your fabricated reality...

we've been reading the bile you spew about religion for years.

My response is what Browns149 said above. Religious schools could be better, or they could be worse, but religious institutions are already existing outside of many tax laws as it is. Not to mention that whole "separation of church and state" thing. I don't see why the government should have to subsidize religious schools.

and I don't see why good parents should have to subsidize schools that teach garbage babysit the thug Children of the parents who suck.

Public schools already exists, that is where the funding should go and those are the institutions to help made a more educated population, as I referred to above. 

And again, a point I made earlier, what about religious teachings that go against other laws we currently have, namely around discrimination.

hearing some of the rubbish including crt taught in some public schools that statement is just ridiculous Beyond imagination.

Are there going to be standards for each school, rules for what they have to cover in their curriculum? 

absolutely that was a stupid question. He was beneath even you.

WSS 

14 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

find them. Then let's rebate the taxes paid by the parents who care enough about their kids to send them to a better school.

absolutely that was a stupid question. He was beneath even you.

WSS 

there are so many things that go into what school a parent can send their child, it is idiotic for you to just assume that any parent that sends their kid to a religious school "cares" enough to send them to a "better" school. So many bad assumptions on your end

"the thug children of parents who suck"

.... yeah you're walking a thin line here and I'm just going to let you walk it

you're already just assuming all religious schools are better than all public schools... which isn't really even the point at hand here but it is a good distraction on your end

CRT is not taught in public schools. What the right has turned into a boogeyman is a combination of fake news and not CRT. Half of this country would prefer we never teach slavery. We never teach about our country's racist history and where it systemically still causes issues. But, once again, not the point. 

But, if a religious school is teaching that gays (or any other group) are evil, sinners, perverts, etc... that IS an issue. You can't subsidize that. Which, again, brings me back to the point of what regulation is there going to be for these religious schools to make sure they're teaching something at least remotely in line with what we've deemed as necessary and acceptable. 

But really the first issue at hand is the tax aspect. Why should religious institutions get to avoid taxes but also benefit from them?

(also, again, separation of church and state.... that whole thing)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billflax/2011/07/09/the-true-meaning-of-separation-of-church-and-state/

Just saying that there's so much misinformation about this Phantom ruling.

I still maintain that the opposition is based more on a bunch of bitter atheists or agnostics or whatever you think sounds cooler than the actual education of children. By the way the Church of Satan actually does receive tax exempt status. But that's because there's no grown up in the room when these rules are written.

As for thugs in inner-city schools that's why your parents moved to Strongsville and not East Cleveland.

WSS

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

This seems like a valid question Woodrow…any response?

My response to what? That wasn't even phrased as a question. 

Plus my parents are from Parma and North Royalton respectively. So location wise ir doesn't even make sense...

Are you waiting for me to say those areas are more rundown and worse to raise a family, higher crime, etc? No shit. But, once again, that's not really the point. 

And a few old old white guys on the board saying all the kids are "thugs" and all of the parents "suck" is once again walking a thin line. I mean, it's not even walking a thing line, it's pretty damn obvious. 

But this is all just to take this "discussion" completely off of the rails....

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billflax/2011/07/09/the-true-meaning-of-separation-of-church-and-state/

Just saying that there's so much misinformation about this Phantom ruling.

I still maintain that the opposition is based more on a bunch of bitter atheists or agnostics or whatever you think sounds cooler than the actual education of children. By the way the Church of Satan actually does receive tax exempt status. But that's because there's no grown up in the room when these rules are written.

As for thugs in inner-city schools that's why your parents moved to Strongsville and not East Cleveland.

WSS

Why wouldn't the Church of Satan be tax exempt?

42 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

My response to what? That wasn't even phrased as a question. 

Plus my parents are from Parma and North Royalton respectively. So location wise ir doesn't even make sense...

but not East Cleveland correct? And they didn't choose I moved East Cleveland so you could attend to fine establishments of higher education there correct?

Are you waiting for me to say those areas are more rundown and worse to raise a family, higher crime, etc? No shit. But, once again, that's not really the point. 

so what is?

And a few old old white guys on the board saying all the kids are "thugs" and all of the parents "suck" is once again walking a thin line. I mean, it's not even walking a thing line, it's pretty damn obvious. 

Even the worst school system in the state has a number of students graduate with honors and go on to success. Maybe that would have been you had your mom and dad moved to East Cleveland. But they moved to Strongsville where I assume they thought the educational prospects for their son would be much better.

PS, I knew that statement would happen. Nobody ever says "all" except idiots, like, well, you. At least I try not to because if I screw up and do it it gives you an opportunity to use that lame-ass defense. But generally there are reasons that poor people are poor and it's not always because they aren't given enough special exemptions or free shit.

But this is all just to take this "discussion" completely off of the rails....

Woodpecker misuses "Separation of Church and State" AGAIN ?

egad, that is pitiful. How many times to we have to show that it's misused?

His emotions don't change, so he just regurgitates his knee jerk reactions.

Hopeless, I think.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

First, I’m biracial so your ASSumption is incorrect.

Second, WSS didn’t use the word “all” in his reference of Thugs in East Cleveland schools or their parents.

However, I’m sure there’s more thugs in the East Cleveland school system than say….Strongsville.

While we’re on the discussion of public school funding, there’s no “opt out” feature for tax payers to not pay for public education while simultaneously paying for their children to attend a private school.

45 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

First, I’m biracial so your ASSumption is incorrect.

Second, WSS didn’t use the word “all” in his reference of Thugs in East Cleveland schools or their parents.

However, I’m sure there’s more thugs in the East Cleveland school system than say….Strongsville.

While we’re on the discussion of public school funding, there’s no “opt out” feature for tax payers to not pay for public education while simultaneously paying for their children to attend a private school.

And I can't opt out of having my taxes continue to go to a bloated military budget

(Though you can vote on school levies)

Again though, as this thread gets off the rails, why should a tax exempt institution benefit from tax money? And who is going to regulate these religious institutions to make sure they teach subject matter we have decided is necessary and sufficient for children of that age group? Are we going to provide tax payer money to institutions that openly teach that gays are sinners and evil?

23 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Why should tax payers subsidize religious schools? Religious institutions have tax exempt status. Also, why would we want taxpayer dollars going to outdated and potentially hateful world views? 

Why should private companies be forced to cover elective gender reassignment surgery? 

The only place in question here is the places where public schools aren't operating. That's why they should get funding. Because they are not providing public schooling. Provide it or shut the fuck up. 

• Upvote 1