THE BROWNS BOARD

★ NFL WEEK 7 ★  News and notes,  Denver +3.5 at Cleveland on a THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL special !

mjp28

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

This is actually a good point. When you play backup RBs, you're getting less talent running the ball, but just as important is the reduced ability to pick up blitzes. Many assumed Hunt played on passing downs because he's a better receiver, and that's true, but the biggest reason for Hunt's presence is his stellar ability to lay the wood on blitzing rushers. He's ferocious. 

We have a QB who can't get hit, backup Tackles, and RBs not used to playing much. It's not ideal. Our defense played a couple really good games this year. We need another one or our season is in jeopardy. 

In the times We’ve seen Derenst Johnson play I didn’t think blitz pick up was an issue.  

But You are just going to see check down city with Keenum on third and longs.  

You are going to see the horizontal pass game with Schwartz, Felton and OBJ (if he plays).  Especially on first down. Stef is going to want to be 2 and 5 or less and will hope to get 5 or more on these plays.

I would challenge the middle linebackers with our TEs (the Broncos have a crisis there)

We aren’t going to show Denver anything that they aren’t expecting.  We just have to execute well on offense on a short week

Having said all this - the game is on the defense 

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Johnson didn't see some snaps last Sunday. I don't get that. But a complete tear? When I had a complete tear of a rotator cuff, that is serious crap. Baker will have surgery whenever. I think Keenum will surprise people in the media. He can play, too.

Everybody surely admires the hell out of Baker for hanging in there. Defenses have been keying on the running game, I think, and putting pressure on Baker to make the throws, especially after the first game after the injury when he was overthrowing. In my goofy opinion, running on first down so much helped defenses make stops at critical times. Maybe he plays the defense, to spring throws on them on first down, who knows. Seems to me, first down runs are getting stifled more often.

Watching Tenn. beat the Bills - they were playing a lot of man to man? We have Greedy, Newsome and Ward, and we play a soft zone? and what is up with the miscommunications? Come on, we can NOT let bridgewater look like a star.

The upside is, Landry is back, with OBJ out.  Throw to Schwartz more. It's time.

So I just saw Baker is out and Case is in. 

The article I read showed Case's stats after he played in Minn in 2017..... this dude makes 7 million a year....

God I hope he and Kev have something up their sleeve...

Defense better wake the hell up.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Baker's out. Coach's call. Let's kick ass Keenum!

Z

I'll let you guys look up Keenum's stats on Pro Football Reference. Overall, they scream journeyman career backup.  BUT- I hope we see the Vikings  Keenum who won 11 games, and had a 98 QBR on Thursday night.  There's a reason  Berry made him one of the highest paid backups in the NFL. 

PS Regarding QBs I almost barfed when I saw some crack head suggesting we trade OBJ to the 49ers for Jimmy  Garrapolo. 

26 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Throw to Schwartz more. It's time.

Outside of the KC game I haven't seen a thing from this kid.  

Wish he'd stop bringing the damn ball out of the back of the endzone on kickoffs and making it to the 15 yard line.... (It would have been nice if he would have ran that damn slant route and not been a chicken shit about catching the ball in traffic too)

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Case is paid well.  He essentially had just preseason snaps in year and half.  Time to earn a paycheck 

After seeing those few passes he had in the Cards game......Got a feeling he is about to get Ken Dorsey'd....

45 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Case is paid well.  He essentially had just preseason snaps in year and half.  Time to earn a paycheck 

NEXT UP !

RB1, RB2..... now QB1.

OH and now CLE -2.

51 minutes ago, Zombo said:

No, it doesn't make the Browns pussies ... he had three different doctors advise him not to play and ultimately Stafanski has to make a logical decision.

We are fans. That's short for fanatics. We don't have to be logical, we can dive 100% in on our starting qb and criticize anyone who thinks differently.

That's what made this board fun, you could be an optimist or a pessimist, a realist or a dreamer, as long as you stuck to your guns and came by your opinions honestly. 

Now everyone is acting like they work for the Browns and they have to sift through the information and make cautious decisions like your opinion matters or something.

Being a FAN is fun for me. You ladies need to lighten up and enjoy being Browns fans and engaging wild in speculation, or I'm bringing Ghoolie back, he may be an asshole, but at least he's interesting. 

Z

--Now I'm Case Keenum's biggest fan. I had already picked him up in fantasy, just in case, and now he's my starter. All in, Baby. When I'm dead and gone they won't be able to say I wasn't All In.

Settle down big guy. Although your comment drifts quickly into "my opinions are more important than your facts" audience, no one is questioning your fandom ya pussy. (This was sarcasm, by the way)

Go Browns-

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

No, it doesn't make the Browns pussies ... he had three different doctors advise him not to play and ultimately Stafanski has to make a logical decision.

We are fans. That's short for fanatics. We don't have to be logical, we can dive 100% in on our starting qb and criticize anyone who thinks differently.

That's what made this board fun, you could be an optimist or a pessimist, a realist or a dreamer, as long as you stuck to your guns and came by your opinions honestly. 

Now everyone is acting like they work for the Browns and they have to sift through the information and make cautious decisions like your opinion matters or something.

Being a FAN is fun for me. You ladies need to lighten up and enjoy being Browns fans and engaging wild in speculation, or I'm bringing Ghoolie back, he may be an asshole, but at least he's interesting. 

Z

--Now I'm Case Keenum's biggest fan. I had already picked him up in fantasy, just in case, and now he's my starter. All in, Baby. When I'm dead and gone they won't be able to say I wasn't All In.

No one is questioning your fandom Z. We're questioning Baker's sanity when one more hit on that bum shoulder- and he's done for the year. 

What I want to know is who's Keenum's backup if he gets hurt?  We know Landry and OBJ can toss the ball deep with some accuracy- but just wondering.  :)   

8 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Bring him back.  

Ghoolie? Just no to that idea. He's an obnoxious Board hog. I doubt Supreme Leader Kathy would go along with it. I sure as hell wouldn't.  FWIW, he unfriended a bunch of us when he got kicked off over on FaceBook.   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm surprised that Johnson didn't see some snaps last Sunday. I don't get that.

THIS.....was something that jumped out at me when I saw the gamebook (wasn't able to watch the game).  I guess we got behind the scoreboard which limited the whole 'run it down their throats" strategy.  

The opening line went from CLE-6 to an early consensus line of CLE -1.5 and in minutes just hopped back to CLE -2 at home 🏡.   Well ain't that something.

And the early look ahead line next week is Pittsburgh +3 in Cleveland  at 1 pm.  Check ✔️ it out or for all of the games   https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=1053

Screenshot_2021-10-21_070733.jpg

Screenshot_2021-10-21_063629.jpg

11 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Im not ashamed to say..I bet CK is just as good as BK

Calvin Klein cologne as good as that Italian import BK cologne. (for men I assume) I guess it's a personal preference thing.   ;) 

Oh I've always been a Stetson man myself.

......... now back to manly American tackle football 🏈.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Calvin Klein cologne as good as that Italian import BK cologne. (for men I assume) I guess it's a personal preference thing.   ;) 

Oh I've always been a Stetson man myself.

......... now back to manly American tackle football 🏈.

Rofl Stetson

I got that as a xmas gift back in 1980...rofl.  put it right next to my bottle of Brute

4 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Rofl Stetson

I got that as a xmas gift back in 1980...rofl.  put it right next to my bottle of Brute

I've primarily used Stetson since the 1980s, just got one this month I also prefer the Stetson Black to the Stetson Original.   My wife and my last secretary when I was working both agree.  Nice but not overpowering or too "girlie" smelling.

............ now  back again to American tackle football 🏈 .

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I've primarily used Stetson since the 1980s, just got one this month I also prefer the Stetson Black to the Stetson Original.   My wife and my last secretary when I was working both agree.  Nice but not overpowering or too "girlie" smelling.

............ now  back again to American tackle football 🏈 .

Aramis and Pierre Cardin are my favorite...

If you were ever curious about what are the hot bets people are putting their money on well they chart those things.

Here's today's top 10.    https://www.vegasinsider.com

TODAY'S TOP SPORTS BETTING TRENDS
Rk League Team Bet Type
1 FBC Oklahoma State Point Spread
2 FBC Alaba Crimson Tide Point Spread
3 FBC Wake Forest Deacon Point Spread
4 FBC Cincinnati Bearcats Money Line
5 FBC Ohio State Buckeyes Point Spread
6 FBC Iowa State Cyclones Point Spread
7 FBC Pittsburgh Panthers Point Spread
8 MLB Atlanta Braves Money Line
9 FBC Clemson Tigers Point Spread
10 FBC Oregon Ducks Money Line
Top Betting Trends on Total Amount Wagered per Bet Type
>>Top Betting Trend Movements

On 10/20/2021 at 8:35 AM, Zombo said:

You guys that want to play Keenum tommorrow are pussies. All of you.

No wonder my new dog chases me...

Meow....