THE BROWNS BOARD

$3.5T spending package includes big money for 'tree equity,' bias training and more

Vambo

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Absolutely true. That doesn't make it good or proper or right or beneficial but yes.

WSS

Unfortunately at this point you can’t resolve it.  I think the only way you get back to a more measured approach is a financial reset but no administration is going to allow a depression.  You could’ve seen it with the mortgage crisis or with the COVID shutdown. To be honest I’m not sure if our country could take it.  We aren’t used to being “working poor” anymore.  As things got worse, violence would ramp up.

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Unfortunately at this point you can’t resolve it.  I think the only way you get back to a more measured approach is a financial reset but no administration is going to allow a depression.  You could’ve seen it with the mortgage crisis or with the COVID shutdown. To be honest I’m not sure if our country could take it.  We aren’t used to being “working poor” anymore.  As things got worse, violence would ramp up.

Just wanted to point out that I don't think that violence is the trademark of of the Working Poor. And there's absolutely no shortage of jobs. Just people who refuse to work and prefer Street violence or whatever to pass the time.

WSS

Just wanted to point out that I don't think that violence is the trademark of of the Working Poor. And there's absolutely no shortage of jobs. Just people who refuse to work and prefer Street violence or whatever to pass the time.

WSS

That’s my point. There was a time where being working poor was almost a badge of honor.  That time has passed us and now violence would run rampant.

12 hours ago, BaconHound said:

That’s my point. There was a time where being working poor was almost a badge of honor.  That time has passed us and now violence would run rampant.

Agreed. And realizing that people will accept whatever they are born into as reality I can't see this being a positive way forward. Mammals will follow the path of least resistance and with less and less need for human labor because of a handful of reasons it's starting 2 smell like a dystopian science-fiction movie.

13 hours ago, BaconHound said:

What you could afford as "working poor" on the past and now are two very different things. Especially looking at things like college and housing. 

24 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That Fox article seems to have an issue with funding to plant trees where they're needed, improve the energy efficiency of government buildings, and invest in electric car charging and systems 

All of that seems like infrastructure to me

Save the lipstick2021-09-29_083609.thumb.png.178260b94c564879f88d548048dcf3b8.png

• Upvote 1

Hard to tell which way the scales will tip on this. It's an ill wind indeed that blows nobody any good. If I had to bet the over-under would learn toward more graft payoffs slush funds giveaways bribes pork Etc. But no doubt there is some worthwhile crap in there. Can't imagine that it will be as efficient as the private sector but still...

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Hard to tell which way the scales will tip on this. It's an ill wind indeed that blows nobody any good. If I had to bet I to the over-under would be toward more graft payoffs slush funds giveaways bribes pork Etc. But no doubt there is some worthwhile crap in there. Can't imagine that it will be as efficient as the private sector but still...

WSS

It smells of Union graft and political kickback.

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

It's truly sad when unions are perceived as an enemy. 

That’s a true statement, but I’ve been a member of the IBEW, and Steelworks Unions and there’s plenty of money changing hands behind closed doors.

27 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

That’s a true statement, but I’ve been a member of the IBEW, and Steelworks Unions and there’s plenty of money changing hands behind closed doors.

I'm sure there is, which is wrong. The country needs unions for multiple purposes though- not that I agree on PACs, but if that's the game in Washington DC, unions help the little guy there.

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It's truly sad when unions are perceived as an enemy. 

what is sad, is when union members haveto keep paying dues when they get sick of the graft

and giant salaries the big hochos of unions make.

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What you could afford as "working poor" on the past and now are two very different things. Especially looking at things like college and housing. 

Uh, not really.  Compare wages and costs from the 70's to now and you will see there probably isn't much difference .  As a matter of fact the military makes a much better wage now then I made when I was in, that is factoring in inflation, etc.  My first cousin (once removed) bought a $300,000 dollar plus house in Colorado Springs, and he is an E6 in the Air Force.  I couldn't afford shit when I was an E6 because housing costs and interest rates were 12%.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

what is sad, is when union members haveto keep paying dues when they get sick of the graft

and giant salaries the big hochos of unions make.

https://www.exposedbycmd.org/2021/09/22/heres-who-funds-the-right-wing-american-legislative-exchange-council/

Well your not totally wrong, but when an organization such as ALEC refuses to be transparent fighting Union rights, I suppose the people at the AFL-CIO need to be paid something to counter attack.

It's amazing to me this never gets talked about in the mainstream media. Look at the lengths people and corporations go to keep wages & benefits down, it's horrible.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:13 AM, Bob806 said:

https://www.exposedbycmd.org/2021/09/22/heres-who-funds-the-right-wing-american-legislative-exchange-council/

Well your not totally wrong, but when an organization such as ALEC refuses to be transparent fighting Union rights, I suppose the people at the AFL-CIO need to be paid something to counter attack.

It's amazing to me this never gets talked about in the mainstream media. Look at the lengths people and corporations go to keep wages & benefits down, it's horrible.

That being said I doubt there's any multi million or more operation anywhere in the world wouldn't be covered by the sausage-making parable. Regardless of stated purpose of said organization.

WSS

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I should have been specific - SOME UNIONS. Not all. I don't know about Alec. But you know I fully support Right to Work. You know I have zero respect for the AFL CIO, and the SEIU. and the late Richard Trumka of the AFL-CIO. The left wing hell bent movements in those and other unions have ruined union's respect across the board. That is unfortunate. Forcing people who want a job to join and always pay dues has lent itself to that.

There great unions - but graft and corruption took hold long ago in others.

Even just recently: (Oct 2020)

Top NY Construction Union Leader Among 11 Indicted for ...

Prosecutors allege the AFL-CIO executive council member accepted bribes to favor non-union employers Published October 1, 2020
  Updated on October 1, 2020 at 4:05 pm NBC10

but it gets far worse:

https://thewillcountynews.com/install/index.php/2020/01/11/complete-list-of-u-s-organizations-funded-by-george-soros/

Subversive George Soros Is Funding Massive "Civil ...

George Soros, who is funding Hillary Clinton's campaign, is also funding an anti-Trump mega-protest with his violent AFL-CIO union thug friends. Imitating the profoundly unsuccessful Arab Spring, this leftist group is calling itself Democracy Spring.

NFL Players Union Teamed Up With George Soros on Social ...

A member of the AFL-CIO, the NFLPA also contributed in 2013 and 2015 to Working America, the AFL-CIO's community affiliate. They spent a million dollars in 2016 trying to defeat Trump. In 2014, they contributed to Jobs with Justice, another Soros-funded leftist organization.