THE BROWNS BOARD

Bordering on inhumane

Vambo

veterans tend to NOT vote for corrupt incompetent lazy turds.

"Look at me, I'm so special and have such a giant ego I will only hate Pres Trump and

not admitting all the blood on my hands from my ignorant emotional knee jerk vote".

Kinda like that.

You have lost so much respect around here, Hoorta. You can't even admit Josh Rosen isn't the star you said he'd be from the gitgo.

That is really sad.

Just now, Westside Steve said:

More taxes cures everything.

WSS

That is the only solution.  You will never stop pork barrel budgetary spending as too many local economies require it to sustain themselves.  When it comes to government provided services the only way to fund them is taxes.  If you can’t cut spending you raise em.

2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

That is the only solution.  You will never stop pork barrel budgetary spending as too many local economies require it to sustain themselves.  When it comes to government provided services the only way to fund them is taxes.  If you can’t cut spending you raise em.

What's the old Maxim a project will expand to fit the budget. I say "slash" budgets and by slashing I mean a few percent or a couple percent then just wait for the wailing and gnashing of teeth to subside.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

What's the old Maxim a project will expand to fit the budget. I say "slash" budgets and by slashing I mean a few percent or a couple percent then just wait for the wailing and gnashing of teeth to subside.

WSS

I agree but where.  I’d like to see Defense spending cut significantly but I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority here.  Others may want social services cut, I wouldn’t support that. It’s the system we are currently in. Everyone wants things cut but no one wants what they deem necessary cut.  

6 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

I agree but where.  I’d like to see Defense spending cut significantly but I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority here.  Others may want social services cut, I wouldn’t support that. It’s the system we are currently in. Everyone wants things cut but no one wants what they deem necessary cut.  

I don't think there's an agency or program or whatever that couldn't be streamlined. Not a single one.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think there's an agency or program or whatever that couldn't be streamlined. Not a single one.

WSS

As a person who has worked in various sections of government I tend to agree but my experience has lead me to the conclusion that it costs less to let the abuse happen than it does to try and stop it. Sad but true.  Without getting to philosophical, the problem is simple. People are the worst and we continue to become worse.  With each passing moment we reduce personal responsibility in the name of protecting individual rights , on both sides.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

As a person who has worked in various sections of government I tend to agree but my experience has lead me to the conclusion that it costs less to let the abuse happen than it does to try and stop it. Sad but true.  Without getting to philosophical, the problem is simple. People are the worst and we continue to become worse.  With each passing moment we reduce personal responsibility in the name of protecting individual rights , on both sides.

Except that allowing it to continue is going to make it get so much worse it crashes our economy. It's a matter of integrity - and far, far too many people have little or no integrity. It's sad. It might cost more money to stop it - right now - but over decades, the savings would be dramatic.

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Others may want social services cut, I wouldn’t support that. It’s the system we are currently in. Everyone wants things cut but no one wants what they deem necessary cut.  

If you look at the way school aged children are coddled compared to say 50 years ago.

Lets see, we provide transportation to and from school.

Kids these days get free before school meals, free lunch, and after school care.

The only thing the public schools aren’t providing is to bathe them and put them to bed each night.

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Biden cut the military budget by leaving 85 billion to our haters.....plus 13 military lives..how many programs could use that kind of jack?    

4 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Oh yea, lets cut our defense spending while China and Russia are increasing theirs.  Very smart.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Maybe cut all the free stuff given to illegals would be a good start, had Joe finished the wall we would have saved billions.

3 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

based on WHAT?  What they admit to? Read the book "Germs". Communist countries would never divulge] what they actually spend.

come on, man.