THE BROWNS BOARD

Subway Franchisees Pressure Company to Nix Megan Rapinoe from Ads

Vambo

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Number one you just like her because Trump fucked with her. Number two I don't boycott Jack schitt. If there was a Quiznos next door I'd go there just because I like the sandwiches better. 

Sorry they are picking on your girl.

WSS

So we're at the point in our back and forths where you just ignore the original point and put words in my mouth, huh?

I'll leave it at this. Everyone in that article has the right to do whatever they're doing. Boycott, ask to change the ads, etc. But seeing conservatives complain about "snowflakes" and then turn around and harass Subway workers because the pink haired lady Trump told them to hate is in the ad for a fucking sandwich. 

I'll leave it at that. You've clearly given up on any good faith back and forth. Go get in the last word like you normally try to (and leave with something putting words in my mouth to try and bait me to respond again)

44 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

My opinion is that “most” people either don’t care or n favor of what she did

You saying “most” people are against what she did s wrong

What we're getting from this article is that the loudest group is the conservatives complaining about her being in their sandwich ads. Whether their feelings are the majority o not is another story. 

48 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

My opinion is that “most” people either don’t care or n favor of what she did

You saying “most” people are against what she did s wrong

Yes Jesus that's not the point but go ahead take a Victory lap. I would bet most people don't know who the f*** she is. But somebody at Subway must think she offends enough people that don't want her ugly ass around. Or that they assumed you and the Woodpecker order a shitload of sandwiches.

🥪🥪🥪

WSS

Subway is the largest fast food restaurant in the world clocking in at over 42,000 locations. About 60% of their locations are in the US, so likely the other 40% of their store owners could care less. Regardless of how fired up anyone is about this right now chances are people will barely remember any of this a few years from now.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Subway is the largest fast food restaurant in the world clocking in at over 42,000 locations. About 60% of their locations are in the US, so likely the other 40% of their store owners could care less. Regardless of how fired up anyone is about this right now chances are people will barely remember any of this a few years from now.

EXACTLY. 

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So we're at the point in our back and forths where you just ignore the original point and put words in my mouth, huh?

I'll leave it at this. Everyone in that article has the right to do whatever they're doing. Boycott, ask to change the ads, etc. But seeing conservatives complain about "snowflakes" and then turn around and harass Subway workers because the pink haired lady Trump told them to hate is in the ad for a fucking sandwich. 

I'll leave it at that. You've clearly given up on any good faith back and forth. Go get in the last word like you normally try to (and leave with something putting words in my mouth to try and bait me to respond again)

Tell you what Woody let me leave you with this. While you crawl away. Point is and has always been some decent people who make their living from selling sandwiches thought that corporate made a mistake featuring a distasteful celebrity as the focal point.

149 decided to change the subject from that to "hey you said most we don't know if it's most or not" who cares?

And then came your typical Woody shot as conservatives, which is a pretty stupid point to make in this discussion. Why is it stupid? Let's wait and see if corporate changes their mind and dump the Rapinoe ad. Or not. And if, as you incorrectly state, conservatives have the loudest voice let's recap; where are Aunt Jemima pancakes Uncle Ben rice where is the Indian girl on the butter package where's the Chinese cartoon on rice krinkles where is the Frito Bandito what happened to the Cleveland Indians the Washington Redskins? None of those are conservative ideas those are all ridiculous horseshit from you liberals.

But still you b**** about conservatives. 

WSS

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes Jesus that's not the point but go ahead take a Victory lap. I would bet most people don't know who the f*** she is. But somebody at Subway must think she offends enough people that don't want her ugly ass around. Or that they assumed you and the Woodpecker order a shitload of sandwiches.

🥪🥪🥪

WSS

I would bet that if posted a poll and the 3 options were

1. I’m pissed

2. I’m not a pissed

3. I don’t care

Answer 2,3 will blow away 1

You said most.  And that’s your belief. And that’s fine.

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Tell you what Woody let me leave you with this. While you crawl away. Point is and has always been some decent people who make their living from selling sandwiches thought that corporate made a mistake featuring a distasteful celebrity the focal point.

149 decided to change the subject from some to most to many to who cares?

And then came your typical Woody shot as conservatives, which is a pretty stupid point to make in this discussion. Why is it stupid? Let's wait and see if corporate changes their mind and dump the Rapinoe ad. Or not. And if as you incorrectly State conservatives have the loudest voice where are Aunt Jemima pancakes Uncle Ben rice where is the Indian girl on the butter package where's the Chinese cartoon on rice krinkles where is the Frito Bandito what happened to the Cleveland Indians the Washington Redskins? 

None of those are conservative ideas those are all ridiculous horseshit from you liberals. Still you b**** about conservatives. 

WSS

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO TYPED MOST!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Years?

Try weeks

18 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Subway is the largest fast food restaurant in the world clocking in at over 42,000 locations

Wrong.  They were the largest.  

What is the largest fast food chain in the world 2021?

Image result for is subway still the largest fast food chain

1. McDonald's. It is the world's most popular and largest fast food restaurant which is earning the annual revenue of $24 billion.

9 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Wrong.  They were the largest.  

What is the largest fast food chain in the world 2021?

Image result for is subway still the largest fast food chain

1. McDonald's. It is the world's most popular and largest fast food restaurant which is earning the annual revenue of $24 billion.

I was basing it off the number of stores. Looks like Subway has lost a few stores from whatever source l pulled my original data from, but they still have more than McDonalds. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_fast_food_restaurant_chains

Funny thing.  My brother sold his insurance business when Allstate decided to make agents independent contractors and bought a Subway.  He had to go thru training I think in Conn.  He has a picture of him and a few other trainees with Jared.:D  He sold the Subway a few years later.

13 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Subway has been losing business for quite some time.

I'm guessing people are just getting tired of the brand. I've never had bad food or bad service from them and just in the last couple of months there been all sorts of hit pieces and news about changing everything? No idea. That was well before the Megan Rapinoe ads though I doubt they helped matters.

WSS