THE BROWNS BOARD

Couldn't happen to a nicer Network

enlightening article  - it explains all the background into what goes into producing the Olympics coverage in a way that is entertaining. 

at least when you can recall the ones from the past with Costas or even John Mckay were the face of the show.

for all the blather and swill we get to constantly hear (read) from the pecker on how out of touch the older gen is... 

maybe the new batches of talent that (in this case) that are spending those billions of $$ NBC has now 

better practice the tried and true methods of doing the Olympics on TV

but so as not to disappoint the prudent pecker I will say that the backstories of hating America by whoever / whatever athlete shouted the loudest...      

had some effect on poor viewership too.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Do you think the ratings are bad "because liberals", or something like that?

Yes. Why do you ask? Besides the fact that the Olympics suck and have always sucked this "I hate America" movement and the "me first" from some of the athletes are turning off a lot of viewers.. Disagree? Maybe it incentivizes some viewers like yourself but apparently not enough.

WSS

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.3be55d3b63f88cf6ffe25a05f0c397c8.png

Who else is hyped for the last Olympic death march ever? They're unfortunately getting rid of the event (I'd rather them kill park skateboarding or at least replace it with vert). There is a once in a hundred years heatwave in Sapporo, where the event is being held, and temperatures are in excess of 88 degrees with 72% humidity. I, for one, can't wait for some pants-shitting, heat stroke having action. I predict 15 DNFs, 12 collapsed runners. This stupid ass event requires more energy expenditure than jogging. LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOO.

9 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes. Why do you ask? Besides the fact that the Olympics suck and have always sucked this "I hate America" movement and the "me first" from some of the athletes are turning off a lot of viewers.. Disagree? Maybe it incentivizes some viewers like yourself but apparently not enough.

WSS

The article you posted doesn't go into politics at all.

I did. NBC makes a great deal of profit spewing left wing opinion and I feel it's ironic and funny that they are losing their ass because of some of these snotrag athlete. That's all.

I've watched basically zero Olympics. Does that mean it's because I'm angered by the "politics" of the event and I'm not watching in protest? 

Or is it the fact they're not live in primetime, sports are down across the board, video streaming exists, clips on YouTube exist, etc. 

There has been a common theme on this board for posters to claim any drop in ratings HAS to be because so many Americans, Real Americans, are frustrated by the apparently blatant liberal coverage causing them to stop watching. In basically every instance there are multiple, more damning reasons for why ratings are falling. Those ratings just don't push conservative beliefs. 

I think those ratings reflect a drop in viewership from people who don't enjoy watching the athletes the represent the United States talk s*** about their country. Or behave like spoiled brats. And of course that's not the only reason for the drop in popularity the biggest reason is the Olympics suck. Colin Kaepernick is not the only reason for the drop in popularity of the NFL but he certainly part of it. Whether you think he's cool or not.

WSS

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Well, it sucks that they want to cater to the sports in primetime that will drive up ratings... (I've been too lazy to look up what was available on the secondary channels- other than the US women's soccer where they got jobbed on a bullshit foul and lost on a penalty kick- but as my pal said- if you can't score a goal in 90 minutes, you don't deserve to win) Finally our US Gold medal guy got 10 minutes for winning the shot put.  I think there was around a minute when they showed the tie for the high jump...  But hey- how many guys are tuning in tonight to see our American bikini clad gals go for the Gold Medal in beach volleyball?   

• Upvote 2

@Westside Steve.  You edited my post instead of responding.

Also you're just assuming politics are why they're losing viewers, or at the very least you're just assuming politics is a large reason why. You don't have data to back that up. On the other hand not having live events in primetime clearly has an effect on viewership just based on common sense. 

There is a rush to claim politics is making this large negative impact while simultaneously ignoring many other factors we're seeing affect other sports or that we've seen affect other events in the past 

I haven’t been watching because it is mostly taped delayed. The results are already known when it airs

Unless you watch from midnight till 4 am

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Also you're just assuming politics are why they're losing viewers, or at the very least you're just assuming politics is a large reason why. You don't have data to back that up. On the other hand not having live events in primetime clearly has an effect on viewership just based on common sense. 

There is a rush to claim politics is making this large negative impact while simultaneously ignoring many other factors we're seeing affect other sports or that we've seen affect other events in the past 

Im sorry. I'll get back tomorrow.

WSS

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think without a doubt politics is involved with the lack of interest in the Olympics. But not so much exactly Politics as politics blended with obnoxious behavior. First of all citizens like to root for their own country and not for athletes who insult that country. Second citizens like Heroes like the aforementioned Olympic athletes I listed. People like athletes who fight through a rough situation not athletes who quit because their mental health is challenged. We don't seem to have many but even if we do, the reporting on them is overshadowed by the assholes. So why watch? I'll give you an example; my interest in the Cleveland Browns, who I love, would have been a lot less if they'd signed Michael Vick. Maybe a few other people who think dog fighting is cool wouldn't have had that problem.

Anyway I'm not accusing you of defending (or not) any of these anti-American Olympic athletes or Vick or Kaepernick or whomever. Just saying I think the bulk of sports fans don't like that kind of s*** regardless of their country. If you don't agree with that I think you are just being bickersome.

( and for the record I don't think that the scheduling and TV airing does the Olympics any favors but I know soccer fans who will get up in the middle of the night to watch World Cup matches)

WSS

And again sorry about the edit instead of response.

14 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I haven’t been watching because it is mostly taped delayed. The results are already known when it airs

Unless you watch from midnight till 4 am

No no no

You aren't watching because you're a Real American and you're boycotting their far left coverage of ..... The 4x100 relay 

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No no no

You aren't watching because you're a Real American and you're boycotting their far left coverage of ..... The 4x100 relay 

The Woodpecker only watches to cheer on the players who kneel kind of like NASCAR fans who watch hoping to see a crash.

😁😁

WSS

(or when he's rubbing one-off to Megan Rapinoe)

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2021 at 9:46 PM, MLD Woody said:

Do you think the ratings are bad "because liberals", or something like that?

Liberalism ruins everything it touches. No one wants to see a pink haired semi pro soccer player disrespect the country that sent it to the Olympics. No one. Not even you, I'd bet. 

In no world do "woke protests" have more of an impact on ratings that time zones, awful coverage by NBC overall, streaming options, etc.

Just because some on here are very sensitive little snowflakes doesn't mean everyone else is.

For every one trump card carrying "real American" not watching because liberals there are 200 people not watching because it isn't live in primetime and they already saw the results online. 

There is an attempt to shove a square peg in a round hole to fit a narrative

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

In no world do "woke protests" have more of an impact on ratings that time zones, awful coverage by NBC overall, streaming options, etc.

Just because some on here are very sensitive little snowflakes doesn't mean everyone else is.

For every one trump card carrying "real American" not watching because liberals there are 200 people not watching because it isn't live in primetime and they already saw the results online. 

There is an attempt to shove a square peg in a round hole to fit a narrative

NBA Ratings Crash: Why are NBA and MLB ratings at an all time low after ‘Black Lives Matter’ protests

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-nba-ratings-crash-why-are-nba-and-mlb-ratings-at-an-all-time-low-after-black-lives-matter-protests/

NFL drops the ball as TV ratings take hit over ‘woke-ism’

https://nypost.com/2020/12/26/nfl-drops-the-ball/

But there’s one excuse you won’t likely hear all that much about, despite the fact that experts who have crunched the numbers find it’s turning fans away: People hate being told they need to be re-educated on race relations when they simply want to relax and watch a game. 

Woke football seemed to be a great idea to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when the season began amid the nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd. The country, it appeared, was truly ready to embrace social-justice issues through the preachy testimonials we now see on TV and racial-equity slogans now plastered all over stadiums. 

• Thanks 1