THE BROWNS BOARD

Who are the worst tippers?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gen-z-and-millennials-are-terrible-tippers-credit-cardscom-160227613.html

Not really surprising. Those who squeal the loudest about the minimum wage are the least likely to put their money where their mouth is.

(Of course they probably aren't the worst tippers but this is just about generation.)

WSS

Groundbreaking stuff

Income affects tipping

The survey also found that 84% of higher-income households (annual household income of over $80K) who go to sit-down restaurants always tip the waitstaff, versus 77% of middle-income households (annual HHI between $40K and $80K) and 65% of lower-income households (annual HHI under $40K). This may help to explain the age breakdowns, as older adults generally have higher incomes.

“We see a really strong correlation between income and tipping,” Rossman said. “So I do think that Gen Zers and millennials will become better tippers as they age. That's something that we've seen in other areas of finance as well.”

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Groundbreaking stuff

Income affects tipping

The survey also found that 84% of higher-income households (annual household income of over $80K) who go to sit-down restaurants always tip the waitstaff, versus 77% of middle-income households (annual HHI between $40K and $80K) and 65% of lower-income households (annual HHI under $40K). This may help to explain the age breakdowns, as older adults generally have higher incomes.

“We see a really strong correlation between income and tipping,” Rossman said. “So I do think that Gen Zers and millennials will become better tippers as they age. That's something that we've seen in other areas of finance as well.”

Of course that's a guess but regardless I could maybe buy it for Generation Z. Millennials should be making a few bucks... even giving them the benefit of the doubt.

WSS

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Ref: Student Loan Debt

Regarding Student loan debt Woody...  I truly feel for folks who have gone through the education mill recently accumulating student loan debt that in many cases exceeds what should be a down payment on a decent house. Nothing has skyrocketed vs. the inflation rate more than the cost of private HS or any college education.  Just a couple personal examples..  What my parents paid for my High school back in the 60s  using the handy dandy inflation calculator should cost $1,700 in 2021 dollars to keep up with inflation. Actual 2021 tuition- $10,900- six times the inflation rate. What I paid for a full semester's worth of college in the early 70s at the University of Dayton wouldn't even buy you 1\2 a credit hour now.  :( 

My pal's friend- who happens to be a Board certified Cardiologist- is still going to be paying off his student loans when he's 50- and his student loan payments are currently more than the mortgage on his house.  It's a problem alright.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Student loan debt Woody...  I truly feel for folks who have gone through the education mill recently accumulating student loan debt that in many cases exceeds what should be a down payment on a decent house. Nothing has skyrocketed vs. the inflation rate more than the cost of private HS or any college education.  Just a couple personal examples..  What my parents paid for my High school back in the 60s  using the handy dandy inflation calculator should cost $1,700 in 2021 dollars to keep up with inflation. Actual 2021 tuition- $10,900- six times the inflation rate. What I paid for a full semester's worth of college in the early 70s at the University of Dayton wouldn't even buy you 1\2 a credit hour now.  :( 

My pal's friend- who happens to be a Board certified Cardiologist- is still going to be paying off his student loans when he's 50- and his student loan payments are currently more than the mortgage on his house.  It's a problem alright.  

If there is .0001% chance you will make a living playing the piano you probably shouldn't go in debt to purchase a 9-foot Steinway.

WSS

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

He could sell his home and any stock he has and pay it off right away...

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes, you're describing the reality the younger generation has been aware of for years and years...

29 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yes, you're describing the reality the younger generation has been aware of for years and years...

What a crock of shit….i call bullshit.  Get jobs, be responsible, have a decent gpa and like its been said don’t borrow 100000 to make 25000 a year.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

What a crock of shit….i call bullshit.  Get jobs, be responsible, have a decent gpa and like its been said don’t borrow 100000 to make 25000 a year.

The purchasing power of the US dollar was at an all time high for our parents and grandparents. When you have two whole generations telling you to make a better life for yourself by going to college - and not really having any concept of the realities of wealth - it turns out that has consequences. 

Anyways, my fed loans are going to be forgiven when I finish up with PSLF (thank you, taxpayer) and if they decide to pull the rug out from under me, I'll just move to my family in the Philippines and live like a king there. The banks can suck my dick. 

9 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

The purchasing power of the US dollar was at an all time high for our parents and grandparents. When you have two whole generations telling you to make a better life for yourself by going to college - and not really having any concept of the realities of wealth - it turns out that has consequences. 

Anyways, my fed loans are going to be forgiven when I finish up with PSLF (thank you, taxpayer) and if they decide to pull the rug out from under me, I'll just move to my family in the Philippines and live like a king there. The banks can suck my dick. 

Then you should ask your parents and their parents to pay off your loans not the taxpayers. 

Typical leftest move just run away...

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Horseshit... So get into welding or auto repair instead...  

If you want a college education at a private college- and aren't in the very top few percent brilliant enough to get a free ride- you're going to come out with a mountain of debt. Or your parents are wealthy as hell...  It was the educational "keeping up with the Jonses".  Since Harvard  (ever been to their campus? It has the looks of shitting money) and other Ivy League schools could charge whatever the hell they wanted to- everyone else fell into line.  Even Woody's University of Michigan got in on the uppity craze. 

Well this topic went off the track quickly. Let's just say if you stupidly took out a loan to get a degree in something that isn't making you a living and you're too broke to tip you're probably too broke to go out to dinner. Stay home and eat beans out of a can, you will save money.

WSS

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The "old man yells at cloud" energy that shows up when this group talks about college tuition is pretty damn strong. 

"Just work part time to pay for your undergrad like I did!" level of nonsense

My question to you, why should other people who can't afford the gas to get to school pay for others Degree?

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Horseshit... So get into welding or auto repair instead...  

If you want a college education at a private college- and aren't in the very top few percent brilliant enough to get a free ride- you're going to come out with a mountain of debt. Or your parents are wealthy as hell...  It was the educational "keeping up with the Jonses".  Since Harvard  (ever been to their campus? It has the looks of shitting money) and other Ivy League schools could charge whatever the hell they wanted to- everyone else fell into line.  Even Woody's University of Michigan got in on the uppity craze. 

4 minutes ago, Vambo said:

My question to you, why should other people who can't afford the gas to get to school pay for others Degree?

Worse yet, and I don't know the numbers, but how many people that get student loans never even bother getting the degree? Just party for a couple of years take a few art history classes and then stick the taxpayer with the tab?

WSS

50 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The "old man yells at cloud" energy that shows up when this group talks about college tuition is pretty damn strong. 

"Just work part time to pay for your undergrad like I did!" level of nonsense

Says the guy who's Daddy paid for his tuition............:D

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I'd be careful about that.   Duterte, is a thug.  China is encroaching on PI's territorial waters and is the bully of that area.  Also you'll be a target for kidnapping since you would be considered wealthy and half American.

42 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You are a moron.

I'm sorry if calling out your asinine conspiracy theories hurt your feelings. Trump is definitely coming back in August. It'll all be alright. 

But yes, I'm sure your knowledge of the current student loan issue is all encompassing. "Get a job". Brilliant

25 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I'm sorry if calling out your asinine conspiracy theories hurt your feelings. Trump is definitely coming back in August. It'll all be alright. 

But yes, I'm sure your knowledge of the current student loan issue is all encompassing. "Get a job". Brilliant

You are a  moron.

21 hours ago, Vambo said:

Then you should ask your parents and their parents to pay off your loans not the taxpayers. 

Typical leftest move just run away...

lmao. they're blue collar workers and can't afford the shit i signed up for. 

10 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'd be careful about that.   Duterte, is a thug.  China is encroaching on PI's territorial waters and is the bully of that area.  Also you'll be a target for kidnapping since you would be considered wealthy and half American.

Yeah the China problem would be the issue that concerns me most. If SHTF, I could always run to Australia/NZ. Kidnapping less of a concern. I have family that I entrust with my protection and safety. 

11 hours ago, Vambo said:

Because moneyprinter go BRRRRRRR. While I don't care to ask my parents to foot my bill, idgaf about the rest of the American taxpayer. Uncle Sam is gonna be taking 40% from me real soon and god knows what it's gonna be spent on.

printer%20goes%20brr_1.gif?itok=budiPin2

26 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

lmao. they're blue collar workers and can't afford the shit i signed up for.

When you have two whole generations telling you to make a better life for yourself by going to college - and not really having any concept of the realities of wealth - it turns out that has consequences. 

So they don't sound to bright having you sign up for shit he/she can't afford! 

VaporTrail said:

While I don't care to ask my parents to foot my bill, idgaf about the rest of the American taxpayer.

Looks like the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.