THE BROWNS BOARD

National teachers union, courted by Biden, launches effort to fight critics of critical race theory in schools

Vambo

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

An example would be racist housing policies in the past, leading to segregated neighborhoods, and investments/resources being split historically. Then you get naturally worse education in some areas that students need to overcome to get into top schools, perform better on tests, etc. The issues are, in many cases, decades old. Again, a breakdown by economic status makes more sense. 

If you want to think black people are naturally dumber or something, go ahead. You do you. 

This is the biggest cop out bunch of bullshit in the world and you didn't answer my questions. 

By the way I'm the one giving black people the benefit of the doubt and saying they're capable of reading and doing mathmatics. You're looking for an excuse for bad performance and apathy. 

But then projecting the naturally dumber bullshit onto me. 

Is Michigan bending over backwards and dangerously lowering the engineering schools standards of admission to encourage minorities into stem fields or not? 

And is it working or not?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

This is the biggest cop out bunch of bullshit in the world and you didn't answer my questions. 

By the way I'm the one giving black people the benefit of the doubt and saying they're capable of reading and doing mathmatics. You're looking for an excuse for bad performance and apathy. 

But then projecting the naturally dumber bullshit onto me. 

Is Michigan bending over backwards and dangerously lowering the engineering schools standards of admission to encourage minorities into stem fields or not? 

And is it working or not?

Are they? Not to my knowledge. 

You're really getting worked up about this and I'm not sure what you're expecting from me. Why do you think there is historically, on average, worse performance among blacks on tests like this?

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Are they? Not to my knowledge. 

You're really getting worked up about this and I'm not sure what you're expecting from me. Why do you think there is historically, on average, worse performance among blacks on tests like this?

The war over “Critical Race Theory” in this sense has become a political marketing campaign that’s uniquely double-edged in its cynicism. Democrats are pretending they don’t know what the fuss is all about. Republicans are pretending there isn’t a dog whistle in their backlash campaign. At the center of it all is the concept itself, which does exist but is much broader, and both more interesting and more frightening, than the narrow race theory that has Republican politicians in maximum wig-out mode.

I think this quote from Matt Taibbi also sums up what's going on, both in this thread and beyond, quite accurately.