THE BROWNS BOARD

Consumers bear the costs

Vambo

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

So you genuinely have no idea how this works then... 

Apparently not. Here's why. There's actually a customer standing at a counter with a human being behind it. Thanks to Joe Biden's economy you'd be lucky to be getting that $75 bill at the drive-through or a kiosk.

But since you are our resident economist why don't you explain to everyone how 2 or 4 trillion dollars printed out of thin air wouldn't lead to fairly substantial inflation? 

I realise your 1st impression will be toward some sort of meaningless snark but try.

WSS

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Apparently not. Here's why. There's actually a customer standing at a counter with a human being behind it. Thanks to Joe Biden's economy you'd be lucky to be getting that $75 bill at the drive-through or a kiosk.

But since you are our resident economist why don't you explain to everyone how 2 or 4 trillion dollars printed out of thin air wouldn't lead to fairly substantial inflation? 

I realise your 1st impression will be toward some sort of meaningless snark but try.

WSS

I believe people greatly overestimate the portion of the price of a good that is actually from direct labor cost. That comic is a great example. It's hyperbolic for a reason... But people would think doubling a workers wage would double the cost of a burger and that's just flat out wrong. 

36 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I believe people greatly overestimate the portion of the price of a good that is actually from direct labor cost. That comic is a great example. It's hyperbolic for a reason... But people would think doubling a workers wage would double the cost of a burger and that's just flat out As a matter of fact the federal government doesn't set the minimum wage except for federal workers. And McDonald workers are not among those. The president's financial policies the major one being writing checks for Troy and zapontoians of dollars is what I'm talking about when it comes to inflation.

Of course the Biden administration can only regulate the minimum wage for federal workers which McDonald's employees are not among.

But even while raising the kids wage from 12 to $20 an hour Wouldn't raise the price of an $8 sandwich to $75 The spike in labour cost will certainly add significantly to the price of goods and services.

36 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I believe people greatly overestimate the portion of the price of a good that is actually from direct labor cost. That comic is a great example. It's hyperbolic for a reason... But people would think doubling a workers wage would double the cost of a burger and that's just flat out wrong. 

WSS

By the way that particular  phrase is the one I originally "d. I'm guessing, and it's perfectly alright if you did, that you went back and adjusted the statement to mention the writing of checks. Correct me if I'm wrong. But yes those are the policies of Bidens,  that I mentioned in my original response, that will cause a hamburger to cost 75 bucks. Hyperbolically . 

WSS

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Of course you're failing to explain why and how it is wrong. Give it the old college try. 

• Like 1

woodpecker NEVER knows what he's talking about, and doesn't care to look into any issue.

just bitch, twerk, bitch, whine, pout, bitch and make himself look like a really stinking birdbrain.

Maybe he can't read. Or can't comprehend what he tries to read.....

https://economics21.org/real-costs-doubling-minimum-wage

The Real Cost of Doubling the Minimum Wage

https://fee.org/articles/what-the-minimum-wage-does-to-food-prices-and-job-hiring/

What the Minimum Wage Does to Food Prices (and Job Hiring)

even the CBO admits it - but no, not the weaselly woodpecker with dimwititis.

Examining the Effects of Raising the Federal Minimum Wage ...

The Congressional Budget Office, for example, projected that an increase to a $15 minimum wage by 2025 could mean an average of 1.4 million jobs lost, a fall in business revenues leading to a $9 billion drop in real income, and increases in the prices of goods and services across the economy.

5 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Of course you're failing to explain why and how it is wrong. Give it the old college try. 

The actual wage of an employee is only a fraction of the total price the consumer sees. Fringe, variable overhead, fixed overhead, materials, profit, etc. The actual salary of an employee is a small part of that.

Doubling an employee's wage won't easily in anywhere near doubling the price of a burger

Nobody disagrees that the actual hourly sum is a portion of what makes the hamburger more expensive. Doubling the wage for a job that a monkey can do will raise prices somewhat as well as lower services somewhat. But there's some tunnel vision going on here. The monkey job probably has a superior, maybe a shift manager. Or a team leader. That person probably has at assistant manager and above the assistant manager and actual manager  area regional et cetera up the line.  So each of those people are going to demand wages in line with what you are paying the monkey. 

There are clauses in Union contracts that demand that whatever the base Union pay is must be X amount of dollars more than the minimum wage.So add $10 to the minimum wage and you add $10 to the Union worker. 

But again 75 bucks a Burger is hyperbole. 2 or 4 or 6 trillion dollars out of thin air is not.

And with the inflation we are already seeing because of that the monkey's job isn't going to look that good anymore. And with the inflation we are already seeing because of that the monkey's job isn't going to look that good anymore.

WSS

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

The actual wage of an employee is only a fraction of the total price the consumer sees. Fringe, variable overhead, fixed overhead, materials, profit, etc. The actual salary of an employee is a small part of that.

Doubling an employee's wage won't easily in anywhere near doubling the price of a burger

So now the businesses that supply you your supplies raise their prices due the their cost of operation rising.  The cost of heating, cooling, running stoves/ovens, refrigeration increase because they have to double their worker wages  Your meat/bread/veggie/ condements prices go up due the the cost of your suppliers costs rising and any delivery based services(labor only) rise because they have to double their employee wages so their price goes up. A vicious cycle of inflation.

Now you have to double your sandwich price

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Vambo said:

So now the businesses that supply you your supplies raise their prices due the their cost of operation rising.  The cost of heating, cooling, running stoves/ovens, refrigeration increase because they have to double their worker wages  Your meat/bread/veggie/ condements prices go up due the the cost of your suppliers costs rising and any delivery based services(labor only) rise because they have to double their employee wages so their price goes up. A vicious cycle of inflation.

He's the board "know nothing never done anything" lil biatch. He's never owned and/or operated a business on any level but he wants to preach about business costs.. default_handjob.gif

Just put the lil bitch on ignore and then the only time you'll have to endure his ignorance is when someone quotes him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Vambo said:

The burger will never double in price as a result of the proposed wage increase. 

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Nobody disagrees that the actual hourly sum is a portion of what makes the hamburger more expensive. Doubling the wage for a job that a monkey can do will raise prices somewhat as well as lower services somewhat. But there's some tunnel vision going on here. The monkey job probably has a superior, maybe a shift manager. Or a team leader. That person probably has at assistant manager and above the assistant manager and actual manager  area regional et cetera up the line.  So each of those people are going to demand wages in line with what you are paying the monkey. 

There are clauses in Union contracts that demand that whatever the base Union pay is must be X amount of dollars more than the minimum wage.So add $10 to the minimum wage and you add $10 to the Union worker. 

But again 75 bucks a Burger is hyperbole. 2 or 4 or 6 trillion dollars out of thin air is not.

And with the inflation we are already seeing because of that the monkey's job isn't going to look that good anymore. And with the inflation we are already seeing because of that the monkey's job isn't going to look that good anymore.

WSS

I guess we just have to give that monkey some instruments and teach it how to play songs, huh? Just have that monkey be our entertainment. Christ. And you guys call me arrogant...

But yes, the only thing that can happen from a long overdue wage correction is a vicious cycle of price increases that will completely cripple the economy. That's why we've never increased the minimum wage, ever. Because if we did, that would be the only result... clearly. Good thing the minimum wage has always been the same amount, or, according to right wingers, we would have just imploded our economy...

37 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I guess we just have to give that monkey some instruments and teach it how to play songs, huh? Just have that monkey be our entertainment. Christ. And you guys call me arrogant...

We'll shit now you're mad. 

There's a reason that wouldn't work.  There aren't many people who could learn to do what I do and make a living. And if everybody could do it then that particular skill set wouldn't be worth anything either. You do understand that correct?

But yes, the only thing that can happen from a long overdue wage correction is a vicious cycle of price increases that will completely cripple the economy. That's why we've never increased the minimum wage, ever. Because if we did, that would be the only result... clearly. Good thing the minimum wage has always been the same amount, or, according to right wingers, we would have just imploded our economy...

Raising the minimum wage is only a hedge against the inflation that you guys cause in part by throwing away free shit. And I bet you really do understand the concept of the next guy up the ladder and the next guy up the ladder and the next guy up the ladder and the next guy up the ladder wanting to be paid more than the monkey. I bet you understand what that means. Even though you're arrogant and won't admit it. 

A job that anyone could learn to do in a few days isn't worth much. I'm sorry Woody that's the fact. 

WSS

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Increasing the minimum wage when small businesses are already feeling the squeeze from the pandemic is a terrible idea. The best move would have been to increase min wage with inflation on a yearly basis. Now, we obviously haven't done that. If we made the minimum wage $20 right now, then you're looking at a future where everyone is working for Walmart, Amazon, or McDonalds because megacorps would be the only ones who can afford it (and of course this is what they're advocating for). 

Should the minimum wage be increased? Yes. Should it be increased right now? Absolutely not. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Increasing the minimum wage when small businesses are already feeling the squeeze from the pandemic is a terrible idea. The best move would have been to increase min wage with inflation on a yearly basis. Now, we obviously haven't done that. If we made the minimum wage $20 right now, then you're looking at a future where everyone is working for Walmart, Amazon, or McDonalds because megacorps would be the only ones who can afford it (and of course this is what they're advocating for). 

Should the minimum wage be increased? Yes. Should it be increased right now? Absolutely not. 

Sure. I think most plans for increasing the wage have it happening in a handful of years with some level of ramp up. I agree that a big change immediately would be a "shock to the system". But it absolutely needs to be increased and it should have been increased multiple times since the last hike to keep up with inflation, like you said. We're in agreement on this one.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Raising the minimum wage is only a hedge against the inflation that you guys cause in part by throwing away free shit. And I bet you really do understand the concept of the next guy up the ladder and the next guy up the ladder and the next guy up the ladder and the next guy up the ladder wanting to be paid more than the monkey. I bet you understand what that means. Even though you're arrogant and won't admit it. 

A job that anyone could learn to do in a few days isn't worth much. I'm sorry Woody that's the fact. 

WSS

I never get mad on here.

You're underestimating the entertainment ability of a monkey.

Is your field difficult? Or is it already saturated with plenty of people attempting it and only a handful having the luck to get established as an actual career? 

I see you're falling back into the "you guys" broad strokes type of responses... Oh joy. If that's how this will go it's around time I head out.

The minimum wage needs increased. It has been many times in the past and the country didn't end. It's overdue. Everything you buy won't triple in price. 

If y'all are so concerned about run away inflation I'd expect there to be me concern around college tuition ...

Saw a sign at Giant Eagle today that said starting pay $11.00 per hour.  Wendy's had one starting pay $12.00 per hour.  That's probably a large increase due to the fact the the lazy fucks have been sitting on their ass collecting the extra 300 per week on unemployment.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I never get mad on here.

Is your field difficult? Or is it already saturated with plenty of people attempting it and only a handful having the luck to get established as an actual career? 

I see you're falling back into the "you guys" broad strokes type of responses... Oh joy. If that's how this will go it's around time I head out.

The minimum wage needs increased. It has been many times in the past and the country didn't end. It's overdue. Everything you buy won't triple in price. 

If y'all are so concerned about run away inflation I'd expect there to be me concern around college tuition ...

Simmer down. I say you guys because I'm guessing that most of you guys can't do what I do. Simply that.

And no, lucky for me the field isn't saturated.There are plenty of bums who can play and sing a little bit at all different levels it's a different level of proficiency.  You can get your Dick sucked for 20 bucks by a crack whore or spend a rew 100 for a call a girl. Get it? I bet there are a lot of guys on this board who have played a little football. Not enough to earn a living at Ito earn a living at it. And my job is more difficult or less difficult depending on the amount of talent you have same as everything. 

I think college tuition is ridiculous. Maybe because the government throws money at it and the colleges are happy to take it? Maybe because people are stupid and think that an associates degree in women's studies will make them more money than a plumber. Who knows?  But K through 12 is free. If K through 14 or K316 is free those guys will be in the same place as high school grads are today.

On the other hand if Uncle Joe wants to throw away 6 trillion dollars on free shit he might as well just issue college degrees without having to fuck around with going to school. Same concept.

WSS

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I never get mad on here.

No we do not underestimate your ability...

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

That isn't exactly a minimum wage increase. 

That's a company, with a specific window of time they can make money, doing whatever they can to hire people, in a labor market that is all screwed up for many reasons. 

If anything this is a consequence of the minimum wage not being gradually increased over the years. Directly or indirectly.