THE BROWNS BOARD

Brace yourselves for another housing crash

Actually the choices are limited we either get Weimar Republic style inflation or or a crash. 

The housing market really is ridiculous compared to just about a year ago.. Mix in the spike of building material costs….

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/robert-shiller-home-prices-to-fall-and-cause-some-pain-103750858.html

the local builder has finished Phase one development sales - our close friend got the last one.

the price automatically goes up 30,000 bucks more for Phase two.

If I didn't like the house I have on the wild property around it I like, I would seriously consider selling it now for exactly that reason. Prices have spiked to unsustainable levels throughout the country.

18 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If I didn't like the house I have on the wild property around it I like, I would seriously consider selling it now for exactly that reason. Prices have spiked to unsustainable levels throughout the country.

I will be putting up my paid for SoCal rental home this October. I have to wait until the current tenant's lease is over in September, then it's buy buy birdy. < misspelling intentional... I went to public high school, I no the difference.

....or do eye? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I will be putting up my paid for SoCal rental home this October. I have to wait until the current tenant's lease is over in September, then it's buy buy birdy. < misspelling intentional... I went to public high school, I no the difference.

....or do eye? 

Hell those damn Californians are selling their median houses out there and coming over here buying nothing but mansions with the proceeds. 🤑

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hell those damn Californians are selling their median houses out there and coming over here buying nothing but mansions with the proceeds. 🤑

We'll be putting our proceeds in the bank - crazy, I know! Hell, we wouldn't be selling if it weren't for the $65-$75k in capital gains if we sell it past Aug 2022 (have to live in the home for 2 of the last 5 years).

Also, the current laws allowing people to squat in something that I worked my ass off for 29 years to own free and clear, and I can't do a damn thing about it is just as big as the money. I'm lucky enough to have 2 hard working blue color young men (electricians who work at Edwards AFB and who both ride motocross, and who I call minnime's) as tenants and I know they are going to be super bummed when I tell them next month (going to give them 90 days notice, as that's what I would want someone to do for my daughter), but as great as they have been. I'm still a bit scared that they will choose not to get out. 

Our grand plan is to work another 12-15yrs and once my elderly parents are gone and my wife hits her retirement age target, we will sell everything we own and move to Maui so we can be that much closer to my daughter who now calls Melbourne Australia home...... That will be the 3rd and final act on one great life.  

• Thanks 1