THE BROWNS BOARD

MLB says All-Star Game will be relocated from Georgia in response to voting law

Vambo

And with the name change for the Indians and with banning of the head dress or war paint  or Chief wahoo logos and the like...  Anyway the Atlanta Braves are next. So long baseball. I understand you think you are adopting a a whole new generation of woke fans. I think you are wrong.

WSS

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

Can anyone here tell me how this is a good thing?

they now have laws like Ohio 

or am I wrong?

In general, it's not a good thing. These political parties go out of there way to get their way. I guess gerrymandering isn't enough..

I did a quick scan of an article online..https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/us/politics/georgia-voting-law-annotated.html

Things I thought were stupid in the bill:

-if requesting an absentee ballot, you now have 29 days instead of 48 days 

-one drop box required per county for early voting (really dumb if your state allows early voting)

- the whole idea of water being banned is really stupid. This isn't Jonestown, Guyana.

I think no matter which way you lean, you have to see that the party/parties are putting their platforms/planks above the very people they represent. It's hideous. 

10 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

In general, it's not a good thing. These political parties go out of there way to get their way. I guess gerrymandering isn't enough..

I did a quick scan of an article online..https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/us/politics/georgia-voting-law-annotated.html

Things I thought were stupid in the bill:

-if requesting an absentee ballot, you now have 29 days instead of 48 days 

-one drop box required per county for early voting (really dumb if your state allows early voting)

- the whole idea of water being banned is really stupid. This isn't Jonestown, Guyana.

I think no matter which way you lean, you have to see that the party/parties are putting their platforms/planks above the very people they represent. It's hideous. 

By what I've heard they can't give you free stuff a vendor can sell you water but just giving free stuff is like buying votes.

45 minutes ago, Vambo said:

By what I've heard they can't give you free stuff a vendor can sell you water but just giving free stuff is like buying votes.

True...but if you're that undecided on voting day (week, month), you probably shouldn't be standing in line!!!!!