THE BROWNS BOARD

For Woody

As a Gen Xer I remember when being a gamer meant you actually went outside and rode something with 2 or 4 wheels, threw, caught or hit a ball and ran away from or chased someone until the sun went down. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

As a Gen Xer I remember when being a gamer meant you actually went outside and rode something with 2 or 4 wheels, threw, caught or hit a ball and ran away from or chased someone until the sun went down. 

Well I'm a Boomer and I remember the colecovision in 1982 in the atari stuff well before that. And even though I didn't play the game I well remember people doing Dungeons & Dragons way back in the seventies.

😉

WSS

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

When I was a kid it was considered a form of punishment to stay home inside or out( being grounded) we would go from daybreak to sunset everyday if we could.

we were gamers, we'd go all day long on summer days - catch baby garter snakes and praying mantises

and put in our shirt pocket and knock on a neighbor's door.

We loved the shrieks when the mantis was on top of our head or

the snake stuck it's head out of the pocket. and built tree houses out in the woods

til dusk.

I lived outside when I was a kid.  Nothing to do inside the house except watch a small black and white TV and my fathers choice of 3 tv stations.  We used to hang out at Brookside Park quite a bit (Cleveland Zoo)    There was no I 71 at first and it was a lot of woods.  We used to sneak into the zoo thru a hole in the fence by the bear cages.    We also went 'garage hopping', the houses were pretty close together and the garages were in the back.  We would jump from garage to garage all the way down the street.  Fell thru a window once and my dad was picking glass from my arms and hands for a few hours.  We also roller skated on weekends at Rollercade on W.65ths and Storer Ave. by the stockyards.  I had a second hand bike we used to race down hills at brookside park where they played minor league ball.