THE BROWNS BOARD

Guns

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

We are talking about a  semiautomatic hunting rifle with a multiple round clip 

WSS

Ain't nobody I have ever known that takes anything like that hunting for anything other than at ranges for grins. And they have as much luck with grins as they do with snipes.😁

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, JAFBF said:

Back too topic, some folk still have a bit of sense.

image.png.3520a9af2a241979adf2ab7f715a0fed.png

West Virginia already has this

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ain't nobody I have ever known that takes anything like that hunting for anything other than at ranges for grins. And they have as much luck with grins as they do with snipes.😁

You’ve obviously never been hunting in WV. I know many people that hunt with a semiautomatic rifle

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

West Virginia already has this

And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I would liken that to bringing hand grenades to go fishing with.🎇🎣

a glaring totally asinine emotional knee jerk response.

so, tell us how you figure that analog exactly....

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I would liken that to bringing hand grenades to go fishing with.🎇🎣

They just use their hands. No grenades. I’ve seen them in the Backwaters below my cabin. They walk, in the water, around the edge and catch fish by putting their hand or arm into the bank. Until they find a fish. 

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I disagree with it. The advantage of requiring training for a license is so that you not only show proficiency with what you have, but also thoroughly understand all the laws on use so that you don't end up in some civil suit that takes all your money because you fucked up the understanding of when they are appropriate to use or not to use.

The laws here are really simple. No local or county government can pass a gun law that isn’t in accordance with state law

And, being a constitutional carry state means you just need to be a lawful gun owner to carry. Which is 21 and legally allowed to purchase a gun

Plus, business can not put up one of those “No guns allowed” signs. Walmart can’t even stop you from carrying 

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I am all for training to get a licence. If grandma has a 32 in her purse I'd like to think she knows how to use it.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I am all for training to get a licence. If grandma has a 32 in her purse I'd like to think she knows how to use it.

WSS

My grandma had a .32 snub nose pistol by her bed.  Her husband was a retired cop as was her son.  She was well trained and would have used it I'm sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

I know many people that hunt with a semiautomatic rifle

I used to hunt with a semi auto .308.

And a semiautomatic shotgun.

I still have a .38 Special revolver (it can also be called a semiautomatic).

The term “semiautomatic” can be applied to a large majority of firearms.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Tex is from the Austin area, which is the 'San Francisco' of Texas.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I hunt with a bolt action .270 winchester. Definitely not a semi automatic 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

a glaring totally asinine emotional knee jerk response.

so, tell us how you figure that analog exactly....

10 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

14 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

The Feral Irishman: An old West Virginia Hillbilly saying...... |  Appalachian people, Appalachia, Old west

OK I give. My next deer hunting rifle in .308  (not really-I only dove hunt these days-not enough meat would be left to eat).

18 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They sell semi automatic hunting rifles with multiple round clips and wood stocks  And every sporting goods shop that sells hunting guns.

I don't see why the fact that you don't know anyone that owns one makes any difference to the conversation?  I don't personally know anyone who owns a glock but I assume there are thousands of them out there.

WSS

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

They sell semi automatic hunting rifles with multiple round clips and wood stocks  And every sporting goods shop that sells hunting guns.

I don't see why the fact that you don't know anyone that owns one makes any difference to the conversation?  I don't personally know anyone who owns a glock but I assume there are thousands of them out there.

WSS

My point was that I don't consider clips full of ammo exactly hunting. If you can't hit with one shot, then you are not much of a hunter. You're just a guy with the need for a lot of ammo until one shot out of 20 or 30 lucks out. Any damn fool can do that. It may not be illegal, but it damn sure isn't what I define as a good hunter. Try it with a 45 lb. recurve bow. Not that here is a hunter.😁

13 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My point was that I don't consider clips full of ammo exactly hunting. If you can't hit with one shot, then you are not much of a hunter. You're just a guy with the need for a lot of ammo until one shot out of 20 or 30 lucks out. Any damn fool can do that. It may not be illegal, but it damn sure isn't what I define as a good hunter. Try it with a 45 lb. recurve bow. Not that here is a hunter.😁

So what? Again the 2nd amendment isn't about deer hunting. I think hunting is kind of creepy. I know that makes me hypocrite because I do eat meat and wear weather. I just think there's a little bit fucked up about  wanting to kill something.  Add it's probably not really a sport unless you go out Into the Woods barehanded.

Regardless those are perfectly legal and accepted hunting rifles. And they are the same as what you would call an assault weapon because they look different. And if you weren't a hypocrite  you would want handguns eliminated because that's the vast majority of murders.

WSS

53 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So what? Again the 2nd amendment isn't about deer hunting. I think hunting is kind of creepy. I know that makes me hypocrite because I do eat meat and wear weather. I just think there's a little bit fucked up about  wanting to kill something.  Add it's probably not really a sport unless you go out Into the Woods barehanded.

Regardless those are perfectly legal and accepted hunting rifles. And they are the same as what you would call an assault weapon because they look different. And if you weren't a hypocrite  you would want handguns eliminated because that's the vast majority of murders.

WSS

I like target shooting with handguns. It's an art if you are good at it. But since I'm good at it, I also carry one concealed for self-defense. No one will ever get handguns off the streets and since that is the case, I'm gonna be better than someone pulling one on me. Nothing to do with anything hypocritical, just plain good sense in a handgun country.

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I like target shooting with handguns. It's an art if you are good at it. But since I'm good at it, I also carry one concealed for self-defense. No one will ever get handguns off the streets and since that is the case, I'm gonna be better than someone pulling one on me. Nothing to do with anything hypocritical, just plain good sense in a handgun country.

Who cares what you like? Who cares what you are good at?  Seriously? Is your fun worth more than human lives? Thousands upon thousands of people die by handguns. Most at the hands of African Americans.  A tiny fraction of murders are from rifles of any type but that's what you want to ban. But it's OK because tex likes his pistol. That's where the hypocrisy comes in.

WSS 

On 3/31/2021 at 4:34 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

The Feral Irishman: An old West Virginia Hillbilly saying...... |  Appalachian people, Appalachia, Old west

All this guy needs is a Trump flag and he’d be dead on 🤪

1 hour ago, Vambo said:

image.png.4527f8edb8624cd8fb9d4f8ee811dad5.png

All these guys needs is a Biden flag and they’d be dead on 🤪

I would bet more kkk members like Trump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kkk-trump-david-duke-tucker-carlson-election-2020-a9609491.html%3famp

40 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

More like Joe Biden in bed with KKK...

Joe Biden Eulogizes Former KKK Member,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1