THE BROWNS BOARD

Study: No partisan benefit from mail voting in 2020 election

In a way this makes sense to me. Mail in voting would seemingly benefit older voters who had a harder time waiting in a line for any length of time, not to mention whatever concerns for covid any particular person may have had, and older voters tend to lean conservative. Had Trump come out in favor of mail in voting l would have expected the data to favor Republicans.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-coronavirus-pandemic-elections-voting-cfde3aa17d7cecb9e1f2d58f3582dd0d

25 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

There is a difference between mail in voting and absentee voting.  Mail in are unsolicited ballots being sent to unregistered voters.  Absentee ballots you are vetted before you receive your ballot.

Libs can’t grasp this concept.

Just like that can’t differentiate between legal and illegal aliens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

There is a difference between mail in voting and absentee voting.  Mail in are unsolicited ballots being sent to unregistered voters.  Absentee ballots you are vetted before you receive your ballot.

The article is specifically written about mail in voting. Absentee voting isn’t mentioned in it. Basically it’s just a study concluding mail in votes didn’t benefit either party.

19 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The article is specifically written about mail in voting. Absentee voting isn’t mentioned in it. Basically it’s just a study concluding mail in votes didn’t benefit either party.

I've got a bridge I want to sell you.

26 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

AP article - biased much?

No mention of ballot harvesting? 

(they go hand in hand -pun intended)

Voting from empty lots, no signatures same person voting in multiple states the list goes on but yeah  nothing to see here.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

AP article - biased much?

No mention of ballot harvesting? 

(they go hand in hand -pun intended)

The AP is considered one of the least biased news outlets. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

And no mention of ballot harvesting in the original article. It would likely be difficult to include that in a formula due the lack of available information on how prevalent it was and who benefited from it.

of c

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The AP is considered one of the least biased news outlets. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

And no mention of ballot harvesting in the original article. It would likely be difficult to include that in a formula due the lack of available information on how prevalent it was and who benefited from it.

of course ballot harvesting wont be mentioned - it would create a balanced story. 

That is of course if you can see a balanced story against a skewed interpretation of "mail in ballots" 

see PA results

(wont post these OBVIOUS sources as you seem to deflect from the point with citing "sources" )

22 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

ah the "fact check"again

supposed to quiet down the dissent?  sorry 

here is my reponse to the  libtards thread hi jack pic    enjoy - 

cat-in-the-hat.jpg

You can dissent to your heart’s content my man, haha. To your point about ballot harvesting though, l’m not saying it didn’t happen or anything, but is there enough reliable data that shows what percentage of counted votes were made up of the harvested variety, AND who benefitted from them? 

I’ll assume you read the article and how they created their formula. The more unreliable the data that goes into it the more unreliable the findings will be.  I would argue that using older voters in the state of Texas to formulate a baseline comparison to the whole nation is questionable. They claim they used Texas because of their strict (by comparison) mail in voting laws, but it’s still Texas, and older people, which generally lean conservative. It seems like a reliable study for the state of Texas, but not the nation.

The article also mentions another study but didn’t get into the particulars on that one.

I find it interesting that an article that comes out basically saying that the metric of mail in voting had no effect on the election 

when all the question marks always will point to the vote totals. 

Biden gained more votes than Obama or HRC? 

you -AP say that  "texas elderly less lkely votes in person simultaneously voting mail in at an even 9.5% clip"

and you say that is inconclusive.... ok so what? 

no - I think in light of the HR1 bill that has crossed the desks of the traitors err dems of both chambers are 

finding cover under so called "news pieces" like these 

confuse and misinform is the play. right?

but really nobodies paying attention to this anyway - theres a stimmy check coming and, well ...sigh 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FairHooker11 said:

I find it interesting that an article that comes out basically saying that the metric of mail in voting had no effect on the election 

when all the question marks always will point to the vote totals. 

Biden gained more votes than Obama or HRC? 

Folks were amped up for the election. Trump got the second highest vote total for a President ever. With people’s excitement for the election and ease of voting with mail and early voting options, l’m not surprised it was the highest totals ever. 

you -AP say that  "texas elderly less lkely votes in person simultaneously voting mail in at an even 9.5% clip"

and you say that is inconclusive.... ok so what?

So this is a message board where we discuss such things. 

no - I think in light of the HR1 bill that has crossed the desks of the traitors err dems of both chambers are 

finding cover under so called "news pieces" like these 

confuse and misinform is the play. right?

Not sure about all that. A study was done. The AP reported on it. I think we basically agree on the validity of the study, though perhaps for different reasons. 

but really nobodies paying attention to this anyway - theres a stimmy check coming and, well ...sigh 

liar.

The Associated Press' progressive bias is out of control

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/the-associated-press...

Oct 23, 2020 · The Associated Press’ progressive bias is out of control ... the Stylebook has long since discarded fairness for a liberal bias that betrays the goal of its authors and tilts the playing field ...

the msm media has been slanted toward access and money for a long, long time.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-associated-press-became-part-nazi-propaganda-machine-180958629/

How the Associated Press Became Part of the Nazi Propaganda Machine

New research suggests a backscratch agreement that traded access for control

57 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

liar.

The Associated Press' progressive bias is out of control

https://nypost.com/2020/10/22/the-associated-press...

Oct 23, 2020 · The Associated Press’ progressive bias is out of control ... the Stylebook has long since discarded fairness for a liberal bias that betrays the goal of its authors and tilts the playing field ...

Wasn’t really my plan to be the defender of the Associated Press here. The media fact check site l used earlier was introduced here by DieHard and seems legit. For example.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/new-york-post/

And

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

What do you consider truly fair and balanced news outlets? I’m sure you’re aware the likes of Redstate and Blaze are biased yes?