THE BROWNS BOARD

Don't Mess with Texas or Mississippi

Just watch the ensuing COVID surges in both states, especially Texas which is very far behind almost all other states in vaccination % of the population. It's a good thing that Biden's COVID team has found a way to unite drug companies to give every adult a chance to get one before the end of May. Texas will pay the price until that is accomplished. Remember I was the guy who asked last spring if 200,000 plus dead by Xmas was too many for you all yet? Well, just watch Texas add another 30-40,000 starting April Fool's day on since the change goes into effect next week. My wife and I get our second doses this morning, but I'm still wearing a mask in public places and will eat in open air restaurants for the next several months. BTW our friend who has had it since August was finally able to get through two days in a row (maybe 3 last night) without the ventilator in a long term rehab facility. It's taken this long to wean him from it. Lucky to be alive.

EDIT: And most people with a brain will not go with Abbot's stupid ruling. Russian roulette anyone?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just watch the ensuing COVID surges in both states, especially Texas which is very far behind almost all other states in vaccination % of the population. It's a good thing that Biden's COVID team has found a way to unite drug companies to give every adult a chance to get one before the end of May. Texas will pay the price until that is accomplished. Remember I was the guy who asked last spring if 200,000 plus dead by Xmas was too many for you all yet? Well, just watch Texas add another 30-40,000 starting April Fool's day on since the change goes into effect next week. My wife and I get our second doses this morning, but I'm still wearing a mask in public places and will eat in open air restaurants for the next several months. BTW our friend who has had it since August was finally able to get through two days in a row (maybe 3 last night) without the ventilator in a long term rehab facility. It's taken this long to wean him from it. Lucky to be alive.

EDIT: And most people with a brain will not go with Abbot's stupid ruling. Russian roulette anyone?

We will certainly watch for Armageddon.  We have watched different levels of control in different States and different countries  And the levels of infection don't really seem to follow your logic. But again this is still America and you are still free to live in your basement wearing 2 or 3 masks and have everything delivered to your front porch. Just anecdotally I talk to more and more who have had the virus A few have gotten really sick but most.... Well you know the drill.

WSS

Just now, FairHooker11 said:

hope this cascades across the country - states everywhere seeing the numbers ( dare I say science?) 

not only hurry before mushbrains bidan EO-ing his masks 

but the so called covid vaccine passports from happening like at ticketmaster and others

When you get your COVID Vaccine they issue you a CDC vaccine card which lists the type of vaccine you received, the lot number and date.  I was told by the VA to 'keep the card as it may be necessary for travel in the future'.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

We will certainly watch for Armageddon.  We have watched different levels of control in different States and different countries  And the levels of infection don't really seem to follow your logic. But again this is still America and you are still free to live in your basement wearing 2 or 3 masks and have everything delivered to your front porch. Just anecdotally I talk to more and more who have had the virus A few have gotten really sick but most.... Well you know the drill.

WSS

I guess you were not paying attention to what happened in Texas last time he pulled a similar stunt. I said then it would run rampant here and in Georgia with a similar stunt and it did. I'm saying we are in for another surge here,, so start paying attention this time around. It will happen not so much because of the mask mandate being lifted, because smart people will still wear it, but because of the full capacity being allowed again. That was the big thing last time we had that huge surge.

So. Pay attention when Texas gets into April and May. Somewhere in there will come the surge in cases followed 3-4 weeks later by surge in deaths, Just sayin'. We're going to kill off several thousand Texans needlessly for a premature political move, not because scientific opinion guided it.

EDIT: Watch hospitalizations here as well, just when hospital staffs are barely getting their heads above water for the first time.

Stephen Love, the president/CEO of the DFW Hospital Council, said that removing the mask mandate "is very unfortunate."

"The COVID-19 virus with variants is still here and we have not achieved herd immunity," Love said. "This decision will cause the community spread to increase, forcing our exhausted healthcare heroes to diagnose, treat and save the lives of newly infected patients."

In a Zoom news conference shortly after Abbott's announcement, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins also called the decision "unfortunate."

"It's unfortunate that on a day we record 25 deaths, which takes us above 3,000 [COVID-19] deaths for Dallas County since COVID began nearly a year ago, the governor has removed all of the state orders that he designed to protect you and the people that you care about from contracting COVID," the judge said. "But for us here in North Texas, and for all Texans, we need to focus not on what the governor tells you the law allows, but on what doctors and the facts and the science that we all know well at this point tell us is necessary to keep us safe and give us our best chance of reaching herd immunity as quickly as possible."

35 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I guess you were not paying attention to what happened in Texas last time he pulled a similar stunt. I said then it would run rampant here and in Georgia with a similar stunt and it did. I'm saying we are in for another surge here,, so start paying attention this time around. It will happen not so much because of the mask mandate being lifted, because smart people will still wear it, but because of the full capacity being allowed again. That was the big thing last time we had that huge surge.

So. Pay attention when Texas gets into April and May. Somewhere in there will come the surge in cases followed 3-4 weeks later by surge in deaths, Just sayin'. We're going to kill off several thousand Texans needlessly for a premature political move, not because scientific opinion guided it.

EDIT: Watch hospitalizations here as well, just when hospital staffs are barely getting their heads above water for the first time.

Stephen Love, the president/CEO of the DFW Hospital Council, said that removing the mask mandate "is very unfortunate."

"The COVID-19 virus with variants is still here and we have not achieved herd immunity," Love said. "This decision will cause the community spread to increase, forcing our exhausted healthcare heroes to diagnose, treat and save the lives of newly infected patients."

In a Zoom news conference shortly after Abbott's announcement, Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins also called the decision "unfortunate."

"It's unfortunate that on a day we record 25 deaths, which takes us above 3,000 [COVID-19] deaths for Dallas County since COVID began nearly a year ago, the governor has removed all of the state orders that he designed to protect you and the people that you care about from contracting COVID," the judge said. "But for us here in North Texas, and for all Texans, we need to focus not on what the governor tells you the law allows, but on what doctors and the facts and the science that we all know well at this point tell us is necessary to keep us safe and give us our best chance of reaching herd immunity as quickly as possible."

I will wait and see tex. Many your dreams will come true and the entire state of Texas will look like a Stephen King novel . Is far is paying attention would have been paying attention to New York New Jersey Pennsylvania California with the most restrictive rules the side of Auschwitz. One would think those States would be paradise and yet…

Still the Democrat governors got their way crushing the economy as best they could now that trump is Out of office You guys want the country to recover as quickly as possible saying give idiot Joe the credit.

WSS

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Still the Democrat governors got their way crushing the economy as best they could now that trump is Out of office You guys want the country to recover as quickly as possible saying give idiot Joe the credit.

WSS

That has been their plan all along

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The real question is who gives a fuck anymore. We've all seen the dire awfulism and no one. Gives. A. Fuck. 

We want freedom back not hand wringing because some 80 year olds had their lives "tragically cut short"

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

2021-03-01_120035.thumb.png.5006e281f10115cf7ac6cab44776e51f.png

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The real question is who gives a fuck anymore. We've all seen the dire awfulism and no one. Gives. A. Fuck. 

We want freedom back not hand wringing because some 80 year olds had their lives "tragically cut short"

Just the answer I expected from an elder hater like you. Your prejudices are showing badly.

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Headed to Biloxi later this month 👍

ah, Biloxi. I remember 65 cent oyster sandwiches at this deli near the beach..... we used to go there a lot - my great friend Judy - who always insisted on giving me the keys to her car when I dated. She was from Georgia.

• Haha 1

"let us own you and control everything you do because of global warming fake science"

"Let us own you and control everything you do because of covid"

"Let us own you and control everything you do because we spend way too much printed money (cloward-piven)"

etc etc etc.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:10 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Just the answer I expected from an elder hater like you. Your prejudices are showing badly.

Prejudice would be something I'm trying to hide. I'm putting both middle fingers in your face and telling you to fuck yourself. Your fear is yours. Get your vaccine and ask to be buried in your mask but get your sanctimonious old ass out of my business

On 3/3/2021 at 11:53 AM, tiamat63 said:

I would write Mississippi a strongly worded letter, but half of those fuckers probably can't read it.

And the half that can probably wouldn't give fuck number one about your letter. So there's that.😆

WSS 

By the way the video in the OP works fine for me

By the way given  The approximate four to six day  infection rate the number should be skyrocketing any day now.

WSS