THE BROWNS BOARD

Attacks on our 2nd Amendment won't work

calfoxwc

#DYK manages the Confederate Stockade cemetery in Marblehead, OH. Today the cemetery has 206 markers for those who died in the prison camp. The cemetery is on Johnson's Island which sits across the Sandusky Bay from . This historical cemetery is in your backyard and provides a great opportunity to learn and remember the sacrifices.
149858239_3400182010085882_7429680916021

149210856_3400184456752304_4826917702516

149223718_3400190523418364_1352879746804

149034681_3400186326752117_4204947308581

+9

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene.  "Molon Labe".  I had to look it up.  Fits you paranoids to a T.   

I know- LOL, having an AR15 with a 100 round drum magazine, or a thousand rounds of ammunition tied to a bump stock is just the ticket when you want to take out an elk herd. (or a dozen or two humans that you don't particularly care about, just to make a point.) You ok with having a RPG or a tank for self defense?  News flash- you're not going to lose your precious guns anytime soon. 

10 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:
#DYK manages the Confederate Stockade cemetery in Marblehead, OH. Today the cemetery has 206 markers for those who died in the prison camp. The cemetery is on Johnson's Island which sits across the Sandusky Bay from . This historical cemetery is in your backyard and provides a great opportunity to learn and remember the sacrifices.
149858239_3400182010085882_7429680916021

149210856_3400184456752304_4826917702516

149223718_3400190523418364_1352879746804

149034681_3400186326752117_4204947308581

Well you can't leave out the most celebrated Civil War veteran from Ohio after Grant and Sherman. William Clark Quantrill gravesite in Dover, Ohio where he was born.

Picture of

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene.  "Molon Labe".  I had to look it up.  Fits you paranoids to a T.   

I know- LOL, having an AR15 with a 100 round drum magazine, or a thousand rounds of ammunition tied to a bump stock is just the ticket when you want to take out an elk herd. (or a dozen or two humans that you don't particularly care about, just to make a point.) You ok with having a RPG or a tank for self defense?  News flash- you're not going to lose your precious guns anytime soon. 

The Second Amendment wasn't written about deer hunting. The "What do you need a blank for?" Argument doesn't work either. I could ask what do you need a red guitar for? It might infuriate a bowl! You can do everything you need to do with a blue one.

But I disagree with Cal here I think the Liberals have completely declawed the Second Amendment. And as the United States ages and becomes weaker will probably slowly shift to the English style of gun control. Probably not in our lifetimes but I think it's inevitable.

I'm not saying I enjoy the bonfire of our last remaining scraps of freedom I just think it's coming.

WSS

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well you can't leave out the most celebrated Civil War veteran from Ohio after Grant and Sherman. William Clark Quantrill gravesite in Dover, Ohio where he was born.

Picture of

I'm surprised his grave hasn't been removed because it offends the 'Lincoln Republicans' and Progressives.

This may be an odd take coming from me, but the spirit of the 2nd amendment was meant to be a check against our own govt from becoming too tyrannical. Basically, the founding fathers wanted to give us an insurance policy of sorts to alter or scrap altogether the govt if enough of us decided it wasn’t working for us anymore. And if it did come to that, tyrannical govts tend to fight back, so the 2nd amendment was meant to level the playing field.

So in that sense, whatever the govt has we should have. Definitely would want machine guns. Tanks might be nice too. Maybe not an aircraft carrier, but submarines would be cool.

All that said l’m not a violent type at all. If it comes to that l’m going down like Gandhi. But for those with the spirit and gumption, it’s their right and that’s why it was given to them.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'm surprised his grave hasn't been removed because it offends the 'Lincoln Republicans' and Progressives.

Now I think this monument and how it is labeled here is kinda funny. Notice that it just says Texas Ranger Monument. In fact it is a monument to my great, great uncle's unit, the 8th Texas Rangers a.k.a. Terry's Texas Rangers which was a Confederate Cav unit which fought at Shiloh where my uncle was left for dead, but saved by Union surgeons. Whoever labeled it the Texas Ranger monument was being P.C.  LOL!😂

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

The Second Amendment wasn't written about deer hunting. The "What do you need a blank for?" Argument doesn't work either. I could ask what do you need a red guitar for? It might infuriate a bowl! You can do everything you need to do with a blue one.

But I disagree with Cal here I think the Liberals have completely declawed the Second Amendment. And as the United States ages and becomes weaker will probably slowly shift to the English style of gun control. Probably not in our lifetimes but I think it's inevitable.

I'm not saying I enjoy the bonfire of our last remaining scraps of freedom I just think it's coming.

WSS

You should know- I DO support the second amendment- to a point.  The point being the guys who are afraid there's going to be another civil war and have armed themselves to the teeth with assault weapons. Sorry- in this case- what do you need an RPG launcher, 30 caliber machine gun, or an armed personnel carrier argument does indeed work. 

You brought up England- I did a little research on Canada. I don't think either of those countries are going to hell just because they have stricter gun controls than we do. Ahem- In Canada if you want to own a handgun or an AR-15, you have to apply for a permit and undergo a rigorous background check.  (Used to be the same way in the States, if you wanted to own a full automatic weapon- and at one time I seriously thought about getting one to buy an Uzi.) Some numbers- there's a little over 220k folks up north who have those permits.  Let's compare gun deaths per year. Canada around 250.  United States?  19,000 in 2019.  I'll bump that up based on population, and Canada's gun death toll would be a little over 2,000. In short, we kill people with guns here in the states twelve times more frequently. Coincidence? I think not.  The days of the Wild West where you needed guns to fend off Indian attacks ended more than a century ago. Even if you thought Uncle Sam was bad, and we needed another government- any weapons you might have will just make you a statistic if you start taking pot shots at  the National Guard or the Army.   

What's going to happen the next time around when a band of insurrectionists bent on sedition show up at the Capitol armed with more than baseball bats, bear spray, and stun guns? Like a few hundred "patriots" with AR15s, plenty of ammo- and start shooting? Don't try telling me there aren't nut jobs out there crazy enough to try it the next time either. 

7 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

This may be an odd take coming from me, but the spirit of the 2nd amendment was meant to be a check against our own govt from becoming too tyrannical. Basically, the founding fathers wanted to give us an insurance policy of sorts to alter or scrap altogether the govt if enough of us decided it wasn’t working for us anymore. And if it did come to that, tyrannical govts tend to fight back, so the 2nd amendment was meant to level the playing field.

So in that sense, whatever the govt has we should have. Definitely would want machine guns. Tanks might be nice too. Maybe not an aircraft carrier, but submarines would be cool.

All that said l’m not a violent type at all. If it comes to that l’m going down like Gandhi. But for those with the spirit and gumption, it’s their right and that’s why it was given to them.

The basic problem with tit for tat armament is the responsibility (or insanity if you prefer) factor.  You forgot to mention aircraft and MOABs.  :D  It wasn't that long ago Tim McVeigh took out a building with a truck bomb and killed over 150 people in the process.  Gosh darn, and now I can't go out and buy a ton of ammonium nitrate anymore- I wonder why. 

That's the problem- the irresponsible fringe and the nut jobs have made gun laws necessary to protect normal folks from them.  I mean really- why shouldn't I be able to buy a case of dynamite,  head out to Colorado and toss it down a canyon on the 4th of July for fun?   . 

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

What's going to happen the next time around when a band of insurrectionists bent on sedition show up at the Capitol armed with more than baseball bats, bear spray, and stun guns? Like a few hundred "patriots" with AR15s, plenty of ammo- and start shooting?

Probably the same thing one would do if a group of Antifa or BLM rioters/looters showed up to drag you out of your business, beat you within an inch of your life. Then proceed to loot said business.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

You should know- I DO support the second amendment- to a point. 

whenever you support somebodys right up to a point you don't support the right at all. You're allowed to have whatever opinion you want. Free Speech? Life and Liberty? Up to a point?

The point being the guys who are afraid there's going to be another civil war and have armed themselves to the teeth with assault weapons. Sorry- in this case- what do you need an RPG launcher, 30 caliber machine gun, or an armed personnel carrier argument does indeed work. 

again with the need? You don't need any weapon whatsoever. You don't need a hunting rifle either. Nobody in the United States needs to hunt to survive.

You brought up England- I did a little research on Canada. I don't think either of those countries are going to hell just because they have stricter gun controls than we do.

People in the Middle East get up eat breakfast go to work and come home without worrying about whether women are allowed to vote 4dr cars or work or leave the house without a rag over their face. So they are a little stricter than we are.

Ahem- In Canada if you want to own a handgun or an AR-15, you have to apply for a permit and undergo a rigorous background check.  (Used to be the same way in the States, if you wanted to own a full automatic weapon- and at one time I seriously thought about getting one to buy an Uzi.) Some numbers- there's a little over 220k folks up north who have those permits.  Let's compare gun deaths per year. Canada around 250.  United States?  19,000 in 2019.  I'll bump that up based on population, and Canada's gun death toll would be a little over 2,000. In short, we kill people with guns here in the states twelve times more frequently. Coincidence? I think not.  The days of the Wild West where you needed guns to fend off Indian attacks ended more than a century ago. Even if you thought Uncle Sam was bad, and we needed another government- any weapons you might have will just make you a statistic if you start taking pot shots at  the National Guard or the Army.   

I don't care. As soon as one fake assault weapon iss banned the next one on the list will be, let's say, Under Fire. All I'm saying is that's going to happen every time. How long before cold or prodding semi-automatics her against the wall? How long before even a revolver with more than one round?

What's going to happen the next time around when a band of insurrectionists bent on sedition show up at the Capitol armed with more than baseball bats, bear spray, and stun guns? Like a few hundred "patriots" with AR15s, plenty of ammo- and start shooting? Don't try telling me there aren't nut jobs out there crazy enough to try it the next time either. 

That entire paragraph is ridiculous it stinks up the rest of the post.

What happens next time 10000  crazy democrats decide to burn down a city? Because unlike your bullshit example that's happened dozens of times over the summer. But I'm not a gun nut and a really doesn't affect me that much. You guys keep giving away your freedoms one after the other. It probably won't be totalitarian hell hole until you and I are dead.

WSS

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Ahh, Redstate. The best part is the ads. 

You wanna stick it to those liberals? Then buy this hat! Because nothing says “F you liberals” like a Jesus hat!

Cal, did you get your Jesus hat so you can reign fury upon the liberals who dare to shop too close to you in Walmart?

4824A9EF-EF7E-4362-8AB4-A709C9D667C1.jpeg

AB1A4DAF-05B8-4AFF-ABCD-9E27CAA52A5D.jpeg

Nobody cares.

Though she would be better of with a hat the said:  Blowjobs  $5.00

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That entire paragraph is ridiculous it stinks up the rest of the post.

What happens next time 10000  crazy democrats decide to burn down a city? Because unlike your bullshit example that's happened dozens of times over the summer. But I'm not a gun nut and a really doesn't affect me that much. You guys keep giving away your freedoms one after the other. It probably won't be totalitarian hell hole until you and I are dead.

WSS

The slight difference was the BLM crowd wasn't trying to overthrow the government by invading the Capitol to stop the imaginary "stop the steal" while it was in session. Instigated by Donald Trump. 

As I told my wife- there's a distinction regarding the second amendment between "Wants" and "Needs".   Did I really "need" that 4k widescreen? No I didn't. OTOH, I'll let you try and justify why you really "need" a 30 caliber machine gun to defend your castle- against imaginary threats. The conspiracy and alternate reality runs deep here Steve.  

Said it before-  "The basic problem with tit for tat armament is the responsibility (or insanity if you prefer) factor.  You forgot to mention aircraft and MOABs.  :D  It wasn't that long ago Tim McVeigh took out a building with a truck bomb and killed over 150 people in the process.  Gosh darn, and now I can't go out and buy a ton of ammonium nitrate anymore- I wonder why. "

So then- do you want the freedom to buy unlimited amounts of explosives to blow up buildings in the name of "freedom"?  Or what amounts to full automatic weapons in the hand of nut jobs who think planning and killing people in Las Vegas is cool?  

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The slight difference was the BLM crowd wasn't trying to overthrow the government by invading the Capitol to stop the imaginary "stop the steal" while it was in session. Instigated by Donald Trump. 

As I told my wife- there's a distinction regarding the second amendment between "Wants" and "Needs".   Did I really "need" that 4k widescreen? No I didn't. OTOH, I'll let you try and justify why you really "need" a 30 caliber machine gun to defend your castle- against imaginary threats. The conspiracy and alternate reality runs deep here Steve.  

Nobody was trying to overthrow shit Larry. It was a more peaceful protest than any of the fucking BLM goons and a more  righteous protest as they were seeing voting impropriety sanctioned by the government for their own purposes. That was an actual assault on our democracy that you guys pretend to care about. Nothing unconstitutional about that protest. And as a matter of fact only one person was harmed by gunfire and it wasn't from the protesters, it was an unarmed woman shot down in cold blood. Had she been black alluding a federal building in Portland OR Minneapolis your people would be burning down the cities across the United States.

Regardless it has nothing to do with the fact the Second Amendment is nearly meaningless today and will become completely meaningless soon enough. Whether you like it or not. And I'm assuming you do. I'm guessing it will be buried right next to freedom of speech.

WSS

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Nobody was trying to overthrow shit Larry. It was a more peaceful protest than any of the fucking BLM goons and a more  righteous protest as they were seeing voting impropriety sanctioned by the government for their own purposes. That was an actual assault on our democracy that you guys pretend to care about. Nothing unconstitutional about that protest. And as a matter of fact only one person was harmed by gunfire and it wasn't from the protesters, it was an unarmed woman shot down in cold blood. Had she been black alluding a federal building in Portland OR Minneapolis your people would be burning down the cities across the United States.

WSS

Jesus- join QAnon Steve.  Peaceful? You out of your fucking mind? Aw, you have your QAnon martyr. Illegal entry on government property. MHO is the Capitol Police showed remarkable restraint- they should- IMHO have opened fire until they were out of ammo.  If the video the Impeachment managers showed in their testimony- doesn't convince you it wasn't "peaceful" nothing will. 140 cops were injured. One killed, another going to lose an eye, another missing fingers. 

So what in the hell were they trying to do in the Capitol Steve? I'll tell you what. Looking for Pence and Pelosi to kill them. (audio on request)  Stop the counting of the Electoral Votes, and if they had found them- there would have been a bonfire on the Senate Floor is what.  

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Much more peaceful than any of the protest your people staged over the last couple years.

And for much better reason.

WSS

ROTFLMAO!!!  Only difference? They didn't bring gasoline to try and burn the Capitol down... They had imaginary reasons fueled by a wannabe Banana Republic Dictator, who told them to stop the steal, and fight like hell.  I believe the count is 61-1 when Trump had to produce real evidence.  I sure as shit can post around an hour of video clips regarding that "peaceful"  protest. Sorry, you've lost it. 

FWIW- they're not "my people" Steve.  I condemned the rioting from the get-go. 

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

ROTFLMAO!!!  Only difference? They didn't bring gasoline to try and burn the Capitol down... They had imaginary reasons fueled by a wannabe Banana Republic Dictator, who told them to stop the steal, and fight like hell.  I believe the count is 61-1 when Trump had to produce real evidence.  I sure as shit can post around an hour of video clips regarding that "peaceful"  protest. Sorry, you've lost it. 

FWIW- they're not "my people" Steve.  I condemned the rioting from the get-go. 

But nobody burned down the Capitol building so whatever you imagined was in their minds doesn't mean anything. And whether or not you cheered on and encouraged the violence from BLM personally the people you voted into office did. So they are your people even though he might possibly disagree with their tactics. And it doesn't matter about the 60-1 count if officials refused to do their duty and at the very least  look into what they should. And that would be regardless of the outcome. If the investigation were carried out properly and absolutely no malfeasance found then that's that. That's what you would expect in any legal proceeding. Unless funding the truth is not your goal. No matter what the truth might be.

WSS

• Upvote 1

Hoorta changing the subject again. sad. grabbing onto emotional knee jerk TDS slurs, blah blah blah.

You don't deny God Given Civil Rights that are permanently etched into our legal federal gov fabric.

No asinine emotional outburst TDS excuses. Did we advocate for all liberals to be thrown into straight jackets and permanently

lose their rights because one of them shot Pres Reagan?

no.

Screaming meemee TDS knew jerk rampages just waste space in legit threads.

boring.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Back to the original topic, 2nd amendment.

Only score that matters is 6-3........................ SC Supporters 6   --   SC  Repealers 3

It should be concerning the three want to repeal Bill of Rights. Don't think this is the only 1 in the crosshairs

WSS