THE BROWNS BOARD

Springsteen Jeep commercial

Westside Steve

This might be in another thread somewhere but I thought it could use its own thread. I think this is an extremely well-done commercial or maybe short film whatever it's called. I'm not sure that it particularly sells Jeeps and I'm positive the Springsteen is a hypocrite but that doesn't matter as far as the quality of the ad. He's an incredible Talent  and I think he plays the part  well.  As he said himself  a rich man and a poor man's shirt. He's just an actor here and I don't for a second think that he believes in any of this Unity horseshit. He probably hates the people that live in that town in Kansas 80% of which are voted for Donald Trump. But it's still a great short film.

18 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm sitting down here in the camp fire light... Searching for the ghost of Tom Joad.

I was at the acoustic Show when he toured that album.

One thing struck me at that time was an intro to Youngstown about how the bosses didn't need the American Working Man anymore blah blah blah.

And it struck me that he had 5 matching Takamine guitars on stage. Don't know if you're familiar but those are Japanese guitars. It occurred to me the American working men builds Martin guitars just a few miles east of Youngstown.

But I realize he's playing a role.

WSS

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I was at the acoustic Show when he toured that album.

One thing struck me at that time was an intro to Youngstown about how the bosses didn't need the American Working Man anymore blah blah blah.

And it struck me that he had 5 matching Takamine guitars on stage. Don't know if you're familiar but those are Japanese guitars. It occurred to me the American working men builds Martin guitars just a few miles east of Youngstown.

But I realize he's playing a role.

WSS

Or a Gibson, made in Tennessee.

Or a Rickenbacker, made in Cali.

I don’t recall where Fenders are made after Leo sold them to CBS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Or a Gibson, made in Tennessee.

Or a Rickenbacker, made in Cali.

I don’t recall where Fenders are made after Leo sold them to CBS.

True enough Bud Gibson solid bodies and semi Acoustics are made in Tennessee before acoustic models are made out west I think Montana as for the American models. I don't think Rickenbacker still makes a usable acoustic guitar (but they might)  and Fender actually bought Guild because they could not Market an acoustic guitar on their own. After many decades they finally started making one acoustic in California so technically it wasn't available when Tom Joad came out

😁🎸👍