THE BROWNS BOARD

Calfox's Stupendous and Thoughtful Stupid 2021 Mock draft

calfoxwc

SO.... trying to do a mock draft this year, is mock draft hell. lol Of course, probably all my picks are wrong...but it's fun so....

the Brown's lbs and secondary lack speed. So...

ROUND 1. Jabril Cox, LB.  6'3", 235. 4.6 forty, N Dakota St

Cox is very fast and quick. Smart, Seriously Intuitive, agile and strong...big upgrade to LB group. Browns Lb's lack speed, Cox fixes that. He can blitz, cover te's... He's explosive.... the Browns would love to wait til the second round, but everybody else is looking at him in the second round. He was supposed to be a 3-4 round guy...but no more. He will be a star lb for the Browns for years to come. By their late pick in the second round, Baron Browning and Jabril Cox will be gone. and Zaven Collins was gone before their first round pick. Jabril Cox is wowing folks at the Senior Bowl. Ideally, If the Browns drafted earlier, I would like to go Balsham? edge, and pick Cox in the second round. Won't work.

ROUND 2 -Eric Stokes, 6'1", 195. blazing fast, great cover cb

so, any way you figure it, neither Cox or Stokes might be available here. But, it is what it is - confusing, don't know. But just a hunch and wishful thinking. Stokes is a terrific pick here. Of course, he may not be here, either...  some mocks have him going late round.

ROUND 3A. DT Marlon Tuipulotu 6'3", 305 lbs.

Why? because he is considered by some to be a top 50 pick, and
he can pass rush, stop the run, and is quick and powerful. Huge motor. And Ogunjobi might not be able to be matched as a FA. And, the Browns will be very fortunate if he's even here then.

ROUND 3B - Richie Grant, S, UCF, 5'11", 200 lbs, 4.48/4.5 forty

He's good, very, very good.
A playmaking safety that is everywhere. Very smart, a big addition to the Browns secondary.

That's all. Three rounds. The rest of the rounds are worse than confusing, given limited information on last season, no combine going to happen.

Fourth round, maybe Baron Browning falls this far. or, very unknown cb:

Nashon Wright, Oregon State. 6'4", 188 lbs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Jabril Cox is from LSU (transferred for 2020) and that is too high to pick here. But here is a nice article on him anyway. LSU's Defense was not near as good this year as they were last year either, so that would give me some concern for taking him at our #1 pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jabril-cox-lsu-lb-proving-141425740.html

I'd be more interested in OSU's CB Shaun Wade as the #2 pick if you're going to take a corner there. Chances look decent he will be there too at #59. But either one is not a bad pick if you want a CB that high. All depends on the health of our two best CBs Ward and Speedy long term. 

And I think Grant will be gone in the 2nd round in a safety poor 2021 draft.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

SO.... trying to do a mock draft this year, is mock draft hell. lol Of course, probably all my picks are wrong...but it's fun so....

the Brown's lbs and secondary lack speed. So.........

Don't worry Cal hopefully "almost nobody" except maybe a few azzholes here will remember all of our many stabs at these amateur drafts that we do -but- some are as good as the professional ones on tv and online.

But they really are fun to do.     (TIP: It's also fun to copy and paste some rare stuff here and store them away to use at a later date....... just sayin'.  ;))

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Jabril Cox is from LSU (transferred for 2020) and that is too high to pick here. But here is a nice article on him anyway. LSU's Defense was not near as good this year as they were last year either, so that would give me some concern for taking him at our #1 pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jabril-cox-lsu-lb-proving-141425740.html

I'd be more interested in OSU's CB Shaun Wade as the #2 pick if you're going to take a corner there. Chances look decent he will be there too at #59. But either one is not a bad pick if you want a CB that high. All depends on the health of our two best CBs Ward and Speedy long term. 

And I think Grant will be gone in the 2nd round in a safety poor 2021 draft. I read where Cox plays faster than that 4.6.

Points well taken. Cox - it would seem too high for him.... Trouble is, at 26, Collins will surely be gone already. So, if you wait til the second round, Cox is likely? to be gone. Actually, draft scout has him 40 Low: 4.53 40 Time: 4.63 40 . And I just went and found this:

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Article/Jabril-Cox-turning-heads-at-Senior-Bowl-LSU-Football-160132825/

NFL Draft analyst Matt Miller tweeted that Cox is doing just that.

"Before the year, LSU linebacker (and NDSU transfer) Jabril Cox had legit 1st round buzz," Miller wrote in a tweet. "I think he leaves the Senior Bowl having re-established himself as a top 40 player in this class. Excellent size, athleticism and coverage chops."

A lot of mocks have Wade high second round. Only trouble is, he won't last til that pick I think. If there's a run on cbs, he won't be there at 26 in the second round. And, I am a Wade fan, OHIO STATE, but he has some troubles as an outside corner in coverage.... he is said different places to be projected as a SS in the pros. And he could be a very, very, very good SS. It's a significant analytical exercise, lol. and Richie Grant - you are probably correct - he's very ,very good - and easily goes in the second round. I would pick him in the second if Stokes went higher.

It's mock draft hell, you betcha. lol

• Upvote 1

Ok, I just went and looked it up .... ya'll aren't going to believe this.

I've compared Zaven Collins to our own Clay Mathews back in the day.

so, I was thinkin who did Jabril Cox remind me of. I think he reminds me a bit of

Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis was 5 lbs heavier, and 2 inches shorter.

and guess where Ray Lewis was drafted. LOL

First round, 26th pick. Seriously....

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The pun potential is really good here for our inner 13 year olds.

”And Cox hits the hole...”

"Cox got up in there quickly"

"The opposing teams running backs have had Cox all over them all game"

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2021 at 4:38 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

And I think Grant will be gone in the 2nd round in a safety poor 2021 draft.

Stop with your logical postings 🤓... I could count on Richie Grant falling to us in our 3rd round... Now I'm having to use our 2nd on him... (sometimes he's gone)

I find drafting Richie Grant fixes 2 problems... a) can Delpit return to his college form?  b) meanwhile, we can start Richie Grant playing at CB2/3.. Grant fits as Delpit's insurance policy at FS too..

I'm reporting now🎤.. Richie Grant might have to sit out his pro day 😇 ..

• Haha 2